More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:02:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!  (Read 195480 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!
« on: 2005 December 12, 00:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Objective: Finish a complete sim lifecycle from birth to death of the first generation in accordance with the rules below. You may create any sim directly as an adult from CAS. You may create one or two adults at your option. They must be connected in some way on the family tree. No children: Children must be born naturally. Challenge ends when the founders and the last child of the founder(s) have died or are removed from play.

RULES:
1. No cheats except where specifically permitted. You are allowed to use any custom contents or FFS/Twojeffs hacks, but you may not utilize any of the functions to cheat. No magic mood refreshers. No grade adjusters. No free money. None of that. You may use move_objects or the debug cheat only to move or delete stuck objects and sims, or force errors on the same. You may not delete sims to refresh their moods. Examples of legal hacks include "No 20K Handout", "No Cheering", etc. Anything in "More Awesome Than You" is legal when used as directed.

2. No moving between lots unless required. Nobody who moves out without the use of No-20K-Handout may ever move back to the lot.

3. You may use the college clock or lot debugger to pick a new aspirationally-relevant lifetime want of your choice, at the age transition, aspiration change, or upon the fulfillment of an existing lifetime want. If you fail to achieve it, you incur an additional penalty. You may only reroll your LTW at these specific times. If you choose not to, you forfeit the opportunity.

4. You may use any of the career or aspirational awards, except where restricted, but they must be paid for. You may not purchase them with hacked collections.

5. No one may move off the lot except by death or marriage.

6. Time-sync must be maintained if anyone is married off the lot.

7. You may marry any townie or NPC. Playable sims may only be married if they were born naturally in game, and may only be married if your generation is equal to or greater than theirs. Nobody may marry a CAS(zero-generation) sim, a first-generation sim may only marry a first-generation sim(or townie/NPC). A second generation sim may marry a second or first generation sim, as well as a townie or NPC. A first generation sim may not marry a second generation sim. Only legitimate families are eligible: You may not marry anyone from a family who has used money or mood cheats. A sim may not move onto the lot by marriage if they have been to Uni, although someone may marry a Uni graduate and leave the lot as a result.

8. You may never move anyone new in. New sims can only join the lot from marriage.

9. You may not receive money from another lot outside of marriages. You may send money to other lots, but you may not receive any back.

10. Only babies may be adopted. Toddlers and up are ineligible for adoption.

11. NO SAVING AND RELOADING unless a bug occurs.

RESTRICTIONS:
1. Ethiopians are starving! No food or food items may be purchased. This includes cakes, buffets, fridges, grills, muffin ovens, pizza, smartmilk dispensers, restaurants etc. None of these items may be used by your sims on any lot they live on or visit. Items featuring real food are similarly forbidden (Energizer has potatoes and pizza slices!), even if the food is not used. Stealing food from other sims is permitted, but you cannot purchase or make the food. Eating from the garbage is permitted.

2. Ethiopians do not have running water! No items requiring the use of running water (terlets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, fire sprinklers) may be purchased or used at home. Using them on a community lot is permissible.

3. Ethiopians do not have electricity! No items requiring the use of electricity, unless they have self-contained power supplies (personal electronics, fire alarms, battery-operated devices), may be purchased or used at home. Using them on a community lot is permissible. EXCEPTION: The Phone may be purchased to turn off the ringer and then sold.

4. Ethiopians do not have birth control! You must always choose "Try For Baby" when woohooing if available!

5. Ethiopians do not have fine educational institutions! Nobody goes to Uni.

TERMINOLOGIES:
Controllable: Any sim that you can control and give orders to.
Playable: Any sim that is playable: A non-townie, non-NPC that lives on a playable lot or in the lotbin.

SCORING:

GENERAL:
-2000 points for every controllable sim that dies of anything other than old age.
-1000 points for every controllable sim that starves to death! (cumulative with above!)
-500 points for every controllable sim that dies of (non-choking) disease! (cumulative with above!)
-50 points for every time I am forced to insult you for your inept mismanagement if you share the story of an ongoing challenge.

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT:
Lifetime Achievement penalties are only assessed on death. Sims still alive at the conclusion of the challenge do not incur any of these penalties.
-500 points for dying of old age without a platinum tombstone.
-250 points for failing to achieve a lifetime want that you chose, regardless of whether it is the first one or not. Cumulative with above. Uni+ only!

ACHIEVEMENT - CHILDREN:
These penalties are not applicable for generation 0 (CAS).
-1000 points for every child taken by the SS. Penalty applied immediately on arrival of the SS.
-500 points for every teen that runs away. Penalty applied immediately.
-500 points if the police do not recover the runaway. Cumulative with above.

BONUS POINTS! This challenge is so brutal we'll actually give you positive points!
+1 point if all sims that have lived on your lot achieve their lifetime wants.
+1 point if all sims that have lived on your lot maximize all skills.
+1 point if no one grows up badly.
+1000 points if you also manage to beat E-Mail concurrently on the same lot!

AUTOMATIC LOSS CONDITIONS:
Automatically lose if everyone dies or is removed from play.
Automatically lose if you violate one of the rules or restrictions.
Automatically lose if no sims are in play at the end of the challenge.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 14, 03:24:42 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 12, 00:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it amazing what one can come up with, chatting randomly?

I think I'll give this challenge a go, Pescado.  But I'll never share the story with you.  Wink
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 12, 00:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, I won't play this challenge for sure!

It's a "food torture" challenge - the sim will die very soon; that's why we are asked to finish a complete life cycle...Smiley. Keep him barely alive...Smiley.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 12, 00:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OT - I love Ethiopian food.
Anyone taste injera bread with piri-piri chicken and hardboiled eggs?

yummmm.....

Ethiopians DEFINITELY have food, JM.

INTJ
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 12, 00:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ill give it a go But I wont share the story Cool

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 12, 00:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why Blue and Bangelnuts? Why you won't share the story? Because it's too harsh, even for a sim?...Smiley
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 12, 00:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So as to not give the Awesome one a chance to point and laugh, thus earning ourselves a challenge-losing penalty.  Wink
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 12, 01:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly Wink

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 12, 01:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So as to not give the Awesome one a chance to point and laugh, thus earning ourselves a challenge-losing penalty.  Wink
Eh, but you only get pointed and laughed at if you fail the challenge anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 12, 01:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked This challenge is brutal.

I might give it a try. I'll use a Sim that's been sitting in CAS for a while and I didn't know what to do with. Might turn her male though, 'cause of the whole no toilet thing.

And I'll even share a story of it for everyone to point and laugh at (or poke with sticks, whatever everyone's in the mood for). Of course, that's going to take a while. I'm really slow with that kind of thing. But there'll be one eventually, probably around the same time as an E-mail one (had to start that one over due to a BFBVFS).

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 12, 01:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is why I would never share any sort of story about it with you, no matter the "punishment."
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 12, 01:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is why I would never share any sort of story about it with you, no matter the "punishment."
true  go right ahead and "punish" me as well Im not sharing my sims story Tongue

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 12, 02:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

true  go right ahead and "punish" me as well Im not sharing my sims story Tongue

LOLOLOL, Bangel don't ask for it! - he may ban you again because of not paying the subsription...Smiley. You don't need a second nervous break down...Smiley
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 12, 02:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLOLOL, Bangel don't ask for it! - he may ban you again because of not paying the subsription...Smiley. You don't need a second nervous break down...Smiley
Im all paid up for a while and  I have the renewal date marked on my calender Smiley

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 12, 03:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgot it! - for one month you are safe and sound...Smiley
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 12, 03:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two months...she paid for one, and I paid for one.  Wink
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 12, 04:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.  Any hints on how to keep a newborn alive until they can go to school and eat?  Better yet - Any hints on how to keep a pregnant mother (or alien father) alive for three days without food?  Can toddlers eat from the trashcan?

---
Torkle
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 12, 05:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not suggested to make kids. Just to keep the sim/s you choosed a wholw lifecycle. But as "try for baby" is imperative, I think that the kids will be taken by the social worker, as babies.

Edit: my apology, BlueSoup, forgot it too...Smiley.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 12, 05:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: J.M.Pescado
Objective: Finish a complete sim lifecycle from birth to death of the first generation in accordance with the rules below.

The CAS Sim is Generation 0, the child(ren) born to them are Generation 1.  You do have to have at least one child.

There is a way to get around the babies/toddlers/kids from being taken away, if you have NL.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 12, 05:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: J.M.Pescado
Objective: Finish a complete sim lifecycle from birth to death of the first generation in accordance with the rules below.

The CAS Sim is Generation 0, the child(ren) born to them are Generation 1.  You do have to have at least one child.

There is a way to get around the babies/toddlers/kids from being taken away, if you have NL.
that is correct

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 12, 07:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue/Bangel - I am very very curious, but I don't want you to reveal the secret. Will you PM me and tell me how? I am safe rival - you know that I won't play this challenge...Smiley.
But I am curious...Smiley.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 12, 07:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, it's only theory at the moment, since I haven't started the challenge yet.  If it works out, I'll tell you.  Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 12, 07:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, thanks! *curiousity killed the kitten in a glass, lol*
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 12, 08:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, this makes me long for the days when I thought the email challenge was hard.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 12, 08:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you know I'll do it. I am bored with Email. This coasting to the end takes forever!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: