More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:03:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!  (Read 196737 times)
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Ethiopian Challenge! Because E-Mail Was Too Easy!
« Reply #175 on: 2005 December 19, 22:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't figure out the aspiration failure thing though, I looked at Ethan's memories to try to figure out what had just happened and it said he completed his freshman year of college. Which seems rather odd since he didn't go to college, I am not sure if perhaps when they don't go they flag them as dropping out or what, but the whole thing seemed rather strange with him taking such a huge hit to aspiration. The game also started to seem rather glitchy, even the regular nanny changed her schedule and starting coming at midnight until 9am, which wasn't what she had been hired for and Pes's schedule never changed. The regular Nanny continued to come even long after Ethan had turned into a teen and then would promptly leave charging them 10 dollars each time with some babble about there being no kids in the house.

What I've noticed, is that if I don't send my sims teens to college, they get the 'completed freshman year' memory even though they didn't go to college. I never thought much of it though.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: 2005 December 22, 03:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. You may use any of the career or aspirational awards, except where restricted, but they must be paid for. You may not purchase them with hacked collections.

Looking for another Official Ruling. Is it allowed to use hacked collection career rewards on community lots?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2005 December 22, 03:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you have to earn all your career and aspirational awards. You can't use them on community lots, except the SS lot, which comes with them. Hacked collections are only for if something buggers up your career reward, causing it to become jammed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 December 24, 18:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I've noticed, is that if I don't send my sims teens to college, they get the 'completed freshman year' memory even though they didn't go to college. I never thought much of it though.

I think it's a bug - there's a 'Never Went to College' memory but I too get the 'Completed Freshman Year' when I grew up a teen without the obligatory 'college on speed' sojourn Tongue Fixed it in SimPe but, yeah. Bug to begin with.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2005 December 27, 09:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bar doesn't seem to be banned, but do the drinks have any food value?

Yes. Drinks from the bar do replenish hunger.  Not by much though.  But they might not be allowed, "This includes cakes, buffets, fridges, grills, muffin ovens, pizza, smartmilk dispensers, restaurants etc.  I can figure out how to survive the pregnancies, but the infants and toddlers have me stumped.  Especially w/o the cake.  I might give it a go.

edit: Why is the Counterfeiting machine illegal?  It's not electrical.  Is there food on it?
« Last Edit: 2005 December 27, 10:04:26 by TreyNutz » Logged

Just coincidence but it works.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: 2005 December 27, 10:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think earlier up the page JM said that 'drinks are not food'.

TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2005 December 27, 10:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think earlier up the page JM said that 'drinks are not food'.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted.  I should finish the thread, not just the page next time.   Embarrassed

Just coincidence but it works.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2005 December 27, 10:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder why smartmilk dispensers are illegal if drink is not food. Milk is not food. Maybe smartmilk has illict food properties?

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2005 December 27, 11:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smart milk dispenser is electrical.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 2005 December 27, 11:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The smart milk dispenser is electrical.

Oh. I thought it was magical... Undecided

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: 2006 January 03, 01:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. After much hassle, and the Exchange eating my story twice, here are the first two chapters of my Ethiopian Experience!

Chapter 1: Meet Extremely Tormented
Chapter 2: No food & A Baby!

Feel free to point and laugh at my uploading woes. Enjoy the MATY in-jokes.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 2006 January 03, 03:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

great story.  It makes me want to try this challenge... I just don't know if I can handle the starving tot... 

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 January 04, 11:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have hit upon a sneaky, crafty way to survive this challenge.

Unrelatedly, my founder just married the Diva. The first baby-bump just appeared. As yet no one's died, hopefully due to my sneaky crafty completely legal survival technique. I may have to begin taking pictures, now it seems that I might actually have gotten it right.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 January 05, 04:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great stories baratron!  I'm not gonna try this one, but I would like to finish my email challenge.  I'm suffering severe withdrawal symptoms as the CD drive on our computer has been broken for three weeks and my only contact with sims is reading other people's stories.  I'm starting to think I may have an addiction problem!

And seventhson - are you going to tell us?
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2006 January 05, 22:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. After much hassle, and the Exchange eating my story twice, here are the first two chapters of my Ethiopian Experience!

Chapter 1: Meet Extremely Tormented
Chapter 2: No food & A Baby!

Feel free to point and laugh at my uploading woes. Enjoy the MATY in-jokes.

Very cool, Baratron!  You are indeed brave.  Thanks for the explanations - you give me hope for trying this myself.  And congrats on your toddler growing up!

Seventhson, spill the beans!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 January 08, 17:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like community lot skilling should count as a cheat because of the way time doesn't pass.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2006 January 08, 18:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like community lot skilling should count as a cheat because of the way time doesn't pass.
Time isn't really the critical factor in anything. Not starving to death is, and there's still need decay. Community lot skilling is considered "legal" in this sense. Even in the stock game, there already *ARE* skills that can be gained on a community lot. This just adds consistency without sacrificing sanity to the system.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 January 09, 23:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to go wipe my eyes now.  Chapter Two ended just in time before my eyes blurred up to the point where I couldn't see anymore.  Your story is just hysterical, baratron! 

Thoroughly enjoying your experience with Ethiopian - please post the next chapter soon. 

speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 January 10, 12:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who want to take their challenge to the next level, compete in Ethiopian Idol! 

http://www.adelphia.net/news/read.php?id=12481601&ps=1003&cat=&cps=0&lang=en
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2006 January 14, 00:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a possibly stupid question. Ethiopian Sims can have cell phones but not regular phones, however, without NL there is no way to go to a community lot and purchase a cell phone without using a regular phone to call a taxi. Correct? Can non-NL users be allowed one (non-cell) phone call? (Just pretend we're in jail.)

"No food and a baby" made me laugh until I cried. I'm going to have to try this. Although I have this feeling like I'll go totally berserk and send some poor soul to Sleep Through Email College in Ethiopia.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2006 January 14, 01:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I am so doing that to a Pescado clone. RIGHT NOW!

edited to add: can I make a dorm that is Ethiopian and Email legal? Or is a dorm non-functional without dorm doors and a cafeteria stove?
« Last Edit: 2006 January 14, 01:33:47 by rohina » Logged

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 January 14, 03:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edited to add: can I make a dorm that is Ethiopian and Email legal? Or is a dorm non-functional without dorm doors and a cafeteria stove?

You can make such a dorm, but only your controllable sim will be able to live there. No dormies (because no doors).

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 January 14, 03:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ethiopians technically don't go to Uni at all, but you can construct a dorm that is otherwise Ethiopian-style.

I have a possibly stupid question. Ethiopian Sims can have cell phones but not regular phones, however, without NL there is no way to go to a community lot and purchase a cell phone without using a regular phone to call a taxi. Correct? Can non-NL users be allowed one (non-cell) phone call? (Just pretend we're in jail.)
Yes, you can make your jail call at the same time you shut off the ringer.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 January 14, 04:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ethiopians technically don't go to Uni at all, but you can construct a dorm that is otherwise Ethiopian-style.

Ooh. No food. No toilets. I don't think the dormies would do very well in that kind of dorm. Heh heh heh.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 January 14, 07:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I decided little Timmy Misfortune is an unorthodox Ethiopian who received a college scholarship. A special one that specified he wasn't allowed to so much as set eye on any walls or toilets. Or do any homework. And that didn't cover the cost of any plumbing or electrics. Or food. He just finished his freshman year! He's so proud! His friends in Ethiopia will never believe his extra want slots!

I have had the problem of bill errors because of trying to divide by zero dormmates, but well, life in Ethiopia is tough.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: