More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:52:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  my game is messed up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: my game is messed up  (Read 10444 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
my game is messed up
« on: 2005 December 10, 03:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just reinstalled all ex-packs and original and now I am getting weird options.  I got the option for this dad to attack his toddler, so I had to click on it, he stood up and she sat on the floor and the cloud was there and all , then she said " I can see your not a sim to be triffled with etc," and then she sat around all the rest of the day with the boxing gloves over her head and now she want to see the ghost of her dad.    Grin

My game is running so slow now also,  I patched after I installed each pack but I am going to reinstall all of them and only patch the last one and see if that helps.   Huh
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: my game is messed up
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 10, 03:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You sure you don't have any hacks you don't know about?  That dialogue seems a little suspicious to me...
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 10, 03:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked   dad attack his toddler???

wow, you sure got a weird hack going on in that game
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 10, 03:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You sure you don't have any hacks you don't know about?  That dialogue seems a little suspicious to me...

The "not a sim to be trifled with" ?  No it's in the game in NL...occassionaly it will pop up, especially if two sims who are furious at each other attack one another and one completely kicks ass.  I believe it stops furious behavior like trashcan kicking and newspaper thievery as well.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 10, 03:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no weird hacks, the last two hacks I put in my game were TJs'  college adjuster and the NPC zapper.    I never saw that attack baby option before either until today.  what a hoot.  Cheesy
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 10, 03:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "not a sim to be trifled with" ?  No it's in the game in NL...occassionaly it will pop up, especially if two sims who are furious at each other attack one another and one completely kicks ass.  I believe it stops furious behavior like trashcan kicking and newspaper thievery as well.

Weird.  I've never seen that.  Still, the dad attacking the toddler?  Not a new NL interaction, I hope.  Shocked
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 10, 04:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how much is the relationship between them? it may be NL glitch - some programmer forgot to change the codes for toddlers and kids.
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 10, 04:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha...wonder if it would be possible for the toddler to win? Cheesy

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 10, 04:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fate, give the toddler 10 bodies, and the dad - 1 body (with the SimPe), and see the results...Smiley.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 10, 04:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard reports of Toddler/Adult fights happening when NL came out.  So you're not the only one.

I didn't think teens and adults could fight each other untill my teen beat the crap out of Joe Carr on a community lot.  I wish I'd taken pictures of that...
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 10, 05:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had toddler hating her mother with the option to attack her after the toddler was in the room when her mother continually flirted with someone who was not the toddler's father.

happy now :-)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 10, 06:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen it myself...the adults attacking children and babies thing but heard about it on many occassions.  My guess is that they forgot to do something with the code that made it so only children could fight with children/teens with teens/adults with adults and so forth.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 10, 09:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had toddler hating her mother with the option to attack her after

OMG, Family Guy!

Cheesy

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 10, 13:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IRIC, the babies and toddlers being able to attack older sims was due to the fightclub hack not being compatible with Nightlife. It was months ago that I read this, but it might be a good idea to check if fightclub is in your downloads folder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 10, 13:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the Fight Club has no effect on the availability of Fighting. It only affects the outcome of the fighting.

The Fight Club will have to be updated again to account for cross-age fighting, though. Nobody should be able to lose a fight to a toddler. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 10, 16:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I must've been confused because of the fighting aspect. There was definitely some oddness with babies and toddlers fighting, however, when Nightlife came out and I think it was hack related.

Edit: the only thing I can find is a post by Brynne with child/adult attacking. Sorry, LynnMar, it's definitely familiar. Maybe an old version of enemies accumulate? It was somehow related to the new fighting and furious system, I just wish I could remember!!  Sad
« Last Edit: 2005 December 10, 16:57:58 by Kukes » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 10, 17:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I must've been confused because of the fighting aspect. There was definitely some oddness with babies and toddlers fighting, however, when Nightlife came out and I think it was hack related.

Edit: the only thing I can find is a post by Brynne with child/adult attacking. Sorry, LynnMar, it's definitely familiar. Maybe an old version of enemies accumulate? It was somehow related to the new fighting and furious system, I just wish I could remember!!  Sad
Ive never heard of a dad wanting to attack his toddler before glad I havent seen it in my game Shocked

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 10, 17:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is running so slow now also,  I patched after I installed each pack but I am going to reinstall all of them and only patch the last one and see if that helps.   Huh

In my experience, Uni puts significantly more strain on your hardware than does the original game by itself or with NL without Uni. There may not be anything you can do about it other than upgrade.   Sad

If you don't patch the original game, the EPs will do it for you (if you cancel the process, the EP will uninstall itself!). I don't believe NL patches Uni, but I think it incorporates the Uni update.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 10, 17:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before I reinstalled I had the UNI patch and it seemed like it was a smaller patch than the one I got this time, it was huge.    I think I will let NL patch Uni and then just put in the patch for NL.   

so, does UNI patch the original sims1 if I leave out that patch.    Because my game was running fast before I uninstalled and reinstalled,  patching each time before installing the next ep.  Now it is molassass.  Slooooooooow.    Cry

I just got a new videio card with 256MB memory but I cannot afford to upgrade my processor  until at least March.

here is the one I have currently    AMD Athlon XP Processor 2400+with QuantiSpeed Architecture

as for the baby fight, I think it had to do with the quads and triplet mod, I took it out before the babies grew up but they were conceived using that hack and they were showing other odd behaviors besides the one that had the fight with the dad.  One of them grew up by itself to a kid two days before the other ones and the next one grew from a baby to a toddler but she was not in her crib when she grew up, she was out on the front lawn.  OMG   Grin
 I can't go through another mess like that.  rofl

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 10, 17:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before I reinstalled I had the UNI patch and it seemed like it was a smaller patch than the one I got this time, it was huge.    I think I will let NL patch Uni and then just put in the patch for NL.

I hope someone else responds to this. Since I already had NL, when I installed Uni (did a complete uninstall/reinstall of all three packages and managed to bugger my neighborhoods in the process) I didn't patch it, but just went to the NL install. NL checks to see if you have patched the base game, and since the Uni install had already done so, it didn't do it again. Therefore, I have not specifically patched Uni. BTW, if you run the patch applets, they will tell you whether the patch has already been applied (they don't "repatch" the base game or EPs). 

so, does UNI patch the original sims1 if I leave out that patch.

Yes. At the end of the installation routine, it tells you it is going to check to see if your game is up-to-date, and asks for TS2 disc 4 (if you have the CD version).

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 10, 18:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Therefore, I have not specifically patched Uni.

Okay, so I have just downloaded and applied the Uni patch. After telling me I have a more recent EP installed and should check for updates for that, the patch installed without a problem. I noticed that many (all?) of the character templates for the Uni neighborhoods were patched, so I'm thinking I should delete my existing Uni neighborhoods and create/choose new ones, in order to take advantage of whatever changes were made.

I know I have read somewhere that only the most recent patch is necessary if you install all three packages at once, but this may not be true. Applyng the Uni patch would probably be a good idea.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 10, 18:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Therefore, I have not specifically patched Uni.

Okay, so I have just downloaded and applied the Uni patch. After telling me I have a more recent EP installed and should check for updates for that, the patch installed without a problem. I noticed that many (all?) of the character templates for the Uni neighborhoods were patched, so I'm thinking I should delete my existing Uni neighborhoods and create/choose new ones, in order to take advantage of whatever changes were made.

I know I have read somewhere that only the most recent patch is necessary if you install all three packages at once, but this may not be true. Applyng the Uni patch would probably be a good idea.
the only 2 patches you need are the base game patch which Uni will do for you or you can download it and do it yourself and the NL patch which incorporates the fixes for Uni and NL all in one patch

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 10, 18:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as for the baby fight, I think it had to do with the quads and triplet mod,

twojeffs will tell you that that is not possible. The trips and quads hack only comes into play when a sim is giving birth, and once it sets how many babys are to be born (and named) its part is done, it dosen't affect anything else and can be removed at any time.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 10, 20:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

twojeffs will tell you that that is not possible. The trips and quads hack only comes into play when a sim is giving birth, and once it sets how many babys are to be born (and named) its part is done

well, that is good to know because I love that mod.   Smiley
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 10, 20:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

twojeffs will tell you that that is not possible. The trips and quads hack only comes into play when a sim is giving birth, and once it sets how many babys are to be born (and named) its part is done

well, that is good to know because I love that mod.   Smiley

I love it too Smiley but I usually don't let myself use it much now *laughs*  (was a tester way back when at mts2 starting with the first available version twojeffs released)

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: