More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:44:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sound Issues Paradise Island
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sound Issues Paradise Island  (Read 39008 times)
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #50 on: 2013 July 05, 10:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM's smarter vehicle chooser is definitely causing Sims to use boats as cars which is unfortunate. It is definitely NOT causing the sound issue though since I just played without it and the sound issue was still very much present in IP.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Re: Sound Issues Paradise Island
« Reply #51 on: 2013 July 05, 10:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disabling the smarter vehicles option in Awesome mod fixed the issue with the jet skis for me.

My sound on the other hand has suddenly started working fine again. I had to go through all my mods this morning to find one that was causing a CTD, so I had been removing and replacing mods constantly, AM is back in, but I have had 0 sound problems since re starting it all and disabling smarter vehicles (I did do a Fixall and I used master controller to reset everything, saved then quit). Not really sure what happened.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2013 July 05, 11:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM's smarter vehicle chooser is definitely causing Sims to use boats as cars which is unfortunate. It is definitely NOT causing the sound issue though since I just played without it and the sound issue was still very much present in IP.
Have you started a new game without awesomemod or just continued the one you started before, when awesomemod was installed? Removing awesommod does not cure an already borked save, you have to start a fresh game without it.

Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013 July 05, 15:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you started a new game without awesomemod or just continued the one you started before, when awesomemod was installed? Removing awesommod does not cure an already borked save, you have to start a fresh game without it.

Since starting a fresh world with Smarter Vehicle Chooser disabled the sound issues have stopped and everyone uses cars on land not boats. The sound might be related to all the problems created by using boats on land so technically this still might be an AM bug.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2013 July 06, 03:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We just need someone to make the boats and jet skis not able to go on roads.

If you have Aweconfig, you can stop this from happening by Disabling the "SmarterVehicleChooser" or whatever the heck it's called. The sound issue does not go away, however.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2013 July 06, 07:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have Awesome. I use SmarterVehicleChooser enabled. I don't have this sound issue.

It's bloody annoying isn't it? All I added in was KT's premium content enablers - but when I take them out again it doesn't go away. I don't know why the problem took so long to turn up in my game.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 06, 21:40:27 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2013 July 06, 10:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We just need someone to make the boats and jet skis not able to go on roads.

If you have Aweconfig, you can stop this from happening by Disabling the "SmarterVehicleChooser" or whatever the heck it's called. The sound issue does not go away, however.

Have you disabled that then started a new version of IP? If you use an already fucked up save the issue doesn't go away but with it disabled in a new save I've been playing for nearly 2 sim weeks and the sound problem hasn't returned for me and the old save was to the point that it wasn't playable.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2013 July 06, 10:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran for two hours, no sound or chop issues with smarter vehicle disabled. (New game.)

Pescado has updated the test AM, I'm about to try it with smarter vehicles enabled again.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013 July 06, 13:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran for two hours, no sound or chop issues with smarter vehicle disabled. (New game.)

Pescado has updated the test AM, I'm about to try it with smarter vehicles enabled again.

Good luck, I don't want to ruin another save so I'll wait and see what you report.
Ceasing End
Tasty Tourist

Personalised text is personal.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013 July 06, 17:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sound issue started up for me very briefly but has stopped since I dropped sound quality to low, like was advised with the bicycle bug. I have AM and am patched to 1.55, but don't have Island Paradise.
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2013 July 06, 22:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My new game in Sunlit Tides ran well for 2 or 3 Sim days.  It just started the noise problem again.  I looked around the town to see if I could find a jet ski, but no luck.  Frustration!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2013 July 06, 23:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran for a couple of human hours last night with the new AM and no sound/choppy issues. That was with the fambly I was using saved to the bin and then put in the new hood. Oh and that was with smarter vehicles enabled.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2013 July 07, 04:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night, I decided to re-download ErrorTrap and Overwatch, and ran them with a newly downloaded AM (with SmarterVehicle disabled). I played for at least a few hours and did not experience ANY sound issues. Huzzah!

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2013 September 16, 21:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the sound issues at winter. When i changed the weather from snowing to sunshine, the sound went back to normal.
BeautyWitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2013 September 18, 13:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have IP but I've had this issue since Seasons. I only ever notice it when there is a lot of rain or snow. Because of that I made all my seasons except Summer very short. I doubt this have anything to do with AM because I've never had this prob on my dinosaur laptop with AM and a ton of other mods installed. After i switched to a newer computer and finally installed Seasons the problem started. I'll try lowering the sound quality like someone up thread suggested and see if that makes a difference.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: