More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:36:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sound Issues Paradise Island
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sound Issues Paradise Island  (Read 39007 times)
isabel_c
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sound Issues Paradise Island
« on: 2013 June 28, 02:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can second the weird noise problem; the sound seems to cut in and out, regardless of speed, though the sound does come back when the game is paused.  In my game it started the second day after installing Awesomemod, specifically after buying and using the gem cutting machine.

My scuba diving sim has also started peeing herself regularly since Awesomemod was installed.  When underwater, the sim pees once the bladder bar drops to about 75%. 
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sound Issues Paradise Island
« Reply #1 on: 2013 June 28, 04:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having the sound problem.  It cuts on and off to the point of very annoying.

Edit:  I removed Awesome Mod from the game, but the sound problem was still there.  I didn't have the problem before the Awesome 1.55 test and I thought removing Awesome would fix it.  Strange.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 28, 07:26:02 by runesong » Logged
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 June 28, 07:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: the sound issue. When trying the new EP world vanilla I encountered this, too. So it might very well be an EAxian issue. My Sim used the swan boat while it happened, but it could also have been something else going on in this very buggy new world.
Juan Sfalcin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 June 28, 19:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: the sound issue. When trying the new EP world vanilla I encountered this, too. So it might very well be an EAxian issue. My Sim used the swan boat while it happened, but it could also have been something else going on in this very buggy new world.

How did you encounter this issue? I had it when I installed the Showtime sound system thingie on my Resort. Doing it without AM resulted in no problems.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 June 28, 20:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you encounter this issue? I had it when I installed the Showtime sound system thingie on my Resort. Doing it without AM resulted in no problems.
I did nothing at all. Chose a pre-made household in a fresh vanilla game with fresh user folder, had him use his swan boat and boat over to another household, sound zeroed out and came back with a vengeance when I paused. No changes to the world or any lots. It was like the bicycle sound problem that came with Ambitions.
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013 June 28, 21:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been searching some of the other forums to see if anyone else has encountered this sound issue.  The only thing I found was previous issues...where the sound would return very loudly, after being around loud noises like motorcycles.  The sound problem I have had since I put Awesome in yesterday is different.  It just constantly cuts on and off.  Only people here on this forum are reporting it.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 June 29, 14:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the test version AM from 6/27/13.  I am now experiencing the sound cutting in and out in live mode.  

Edited:  It was only the neighborhood for Island Paradise that had the issue.  All other neighborhoods were fine.  I solved the issue by deleting that neighborhood and starting again.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 29, 18:04:58 by rhodaloo » Logged
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 June 29, 16:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also experiencing the sound cutting in and out with the test version from 6/27. Removing Awesomemod and then loading the game doesn't seem to have any effect.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Hakersen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 June 30, 00:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sound issue is very annoying. For me it started when I was driving my houseboat for the first time in Isla Paradiso. But since vorpal got it without using the test version of AM it's most likely EA's fault. It's stange though that it's not a very widely reported issue for all I know. Would be nice to get rid of it, 'cause the game is pretty much unplayable because of it.
Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #9 on: 2013 June 30, 01:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the test version of AM, but no Island Paradise. The sound works fine so it is not AM. Sounds like it's something with IP.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 June 30, 03:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is definitely a different sound problem.  I'm quite familiar with the motorcycle/car/music sound issue.  This one just cuts in and out constantly and doesn't come back with a loud "everything" all at once sound.  Also, as soon as you pause or go into build/buy mode, the sound returns with no cutting.  It ONLY happens in live mode.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 June 30, 06:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have the sound bug. It's unlike any sound problem I've ever experienced in the game before. It sounds like someone is picking the needle up off of a record, and then it goes silent. It pops back in without stuttering to catch up or anything.

CAS is also EXTREMELY slow for me, but I'm betting it's not AM-related.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
una
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 June 30, 10:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have the sound issue. I played without AM after I got IP and didn't have the sound issue. When I put in AM, I didn't have it for a few sim hours. I think it started when my sim took one of those taxi boats. And it's exactly like that "picking the neddle up off a record" like SJActress said - only playable for me if I disable the game sound completely.
Hakersen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 June 30, 16:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any talk about this sound issue in the official Sims 3 forum? I can't even check myself because for some idiotic reason those forums have country restriction so that you can only see the useless forums that are in your own language. Don't know if EA even knows about this issue. Can't really play the game before it gets fixed.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 June 30, 17:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hakersen, I don't see any threads addressing it with a quick search. Someone at Carl's Sims has reported it, and those people think hax r teh evilz, so I'm thinking it's a purely EAxian problem.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 June 30, 18:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any talk about this sound issue in the official Sims 3 forum? I can't even check myself because for some idiotic reason those forums have country restriction so that you can only see the useless forums that are in your own language. Don't know if EA even knows about this issue. Can't really play the game before it gets fixed.
Yes, this has been reported to the IP bug thread on the EA forums, by myself. The moderator is making a list of bugs and sending them to the Gurus. We'll see if this sound issue gets resolved. I hope so. I didn't mention it here because I didn't feel AM would be the cause of this.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 June 30, 19:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sound issue is so annoying that I was playing with the sound off.  It's only happening in the new ep neighborhood.
Shamino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 June 30, 20:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding on how many people here are reporting this sound issue, shouldn't the other forums be full with complaints about that bug too? :/
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 June 30, 21:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sound was fine at first, but yesterday I had problems with it after a couple of sim days of playing.
Hakersen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 June 30, 21:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding on how many people here are reporting this sound issue, shouldn't the other forums be full with complaints about that bug too? :/
Yes, that's what I was thinking.
Selene_Ravenwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 July 01, 04:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also noticed the sound issue. The temporary fix for it (at least in my game) is to use the resetSim * cheat code. It does come back after a while though.

Also, build/buy is disabled on houseboats moving, stopped in the ocean or docked at port. I don't know about regular houses as I haven't played in one yet.

Sims use boats/jet skis/ect on roads as cars.

I have also noticed some objects jumping around in the CAS background.
SquishyZergling
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #21 on: 2013 July 01, 05:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too have the sound bug, but the loss of sound seems to be accompanied by significant lag and stuttering and I get enough of that from my Turkish prostitutes.
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013 July 01, 07:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new game in Isla Paradiso to see if that would fix the sound problem.  It did for about a minute.  I read where someone said the sound problem was not in the other worlds so I started another new game in Sunlit Tides.  Played all night long, no problems with the sound issue at all.  I have also checked to see if my drivers were up to date, they were.
Hindrelle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013 July 01, 14:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the sound problem too and being unable to play the game is really getting on my nerves. I'd really like to find out what's the cause. It's weird that out of all the other Sims 3 forums out there this is the only one where more than 2 people have reported it. I'm pretty much out of ideas but I thought I could as well ask a couple of questions to find out if there are any similarities between the players who are encountering the glitch.

Where did you guys buy your game? I bought the Origin Key from GameKeys.com. Do you have the Limited Edition? I have it, but I failed to get the Island Survivor bonus pack. Are you always signed it with your EA account while you play? I'm never.
« Last Edit: 2013 July 01, 14:35:30 by Hindrelle » Logged
Suni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013 July 01, 14:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new game in Isla Paradiso to see if that would fix the sound problem.  It did for about a minute.  I read where someone said the sound problem was not in the other worlds so I started another new game in Sunlit Tides.  Played all night long, no problems with the sound issue at all.  I have also checked to see if my drivers were up to date, they were.

I have the same problem when playing in Isla Paradiso. My PC just came back from a repair shop and they updated many things, one of which was the sound card. I also bought new Bose speakers which are about two weeks old and an updated driver is installed properly. I don't think it can be the speakers or sound card because there is no problem with sound in anything else I use sound for on the computer. It just happens in Isla Paradiso. It seemed to only start happening after installing the test version of AM since that had been the only change made to the game when it started happening. Though, I tried taking it out and deleting all necessary cache files, went back into IP and still had the same problem. I think I'll try a new IP town without AM installed and see if that fixes the issue. If not, then I'll try a new town with no mods or cc and see if that fixes things. To be updated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: