More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:21:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Struggling with Awesomemod
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Struggling with Awesomemod  (Read 41471 times)
fiftyshadesofsimone
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Struggling with Awesomemod
« on: 2013 June 05, 12:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not expert in this stuff and I don't pretend to be. I got a new laptop and so far I'm playing Generations. I got nraas up and running. I had awesomemod in my previous game and I miss it. So I downloaded it and every time I try to start my game it says that the mods I have installed are not up to date and will cause my game to crash. My game is up to date. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. Maybe I've not downloaded the most recent version of awesomemod? So far I know all the files and such are in the right place. Just to be clear the game works fine with just nraas, when I try to run it with awesomemod it gives me the message.

Any help will be appreciated Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Struggling with Awesomemod
« Reply #1 on: 2013 June 05, 14:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that you are using the current version supported by Awesome (1.50), which as far as I know, is the current version, and that there is no duplicate older version hiding somewhere.

If all these things check out, just ignore the error and run anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013 June 06, 00:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't run with both NRAAS and Awesomemod at the same time, you do know that?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013 June 06, 02:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'course you can. I do it all the time. You just have to chose the right cocktail.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013 June 06, 02:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I thought you could only have one core mod at a time.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2013 June 06, 06:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been a few years now & I've still not had any trouble with running both the NRASS suite and Awesomemod together.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Skoria_bay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013 June 06, 10:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second what Madame Mim said. It all depends on which mods you are running. I've read on here of people running both Nraas and Awesome at the same time, but for different things (like Nraas's Error Trap and Overwatch).

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013 June 06, 16:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I thought you could only have one core mod at a time.

To the best of my knowledge, most Nrass mods are not core mods.  There are some conflict issues with some mods, but I have been running MC, Woohooer, traffic, overwatch and shooless with AM without any issues.  I believe Twallan tries to keep is mods as non-core to increase their compatibility, especially with AM.

I suspect that the OPs' main problem is a patch issue, possibly with an EP or SP not being properly updated, thus the problem with AM, or as Pes said, an old AM still hiding somewhere.  I would suggest that the OP run the patch updater from MTS to verify that each EP/SP is properly updated.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 June 06, 20:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would make sure you don't have an old version of awesome and also really check & make sure you are patched. I have had it where I thought I was all patched and I wasn't. Make sure any other mods you have are up to date too.

As far as NRAAS. I use awesome mod and NRAAS mods: mastercontroller, overwatch, woohooer, register, careers, relativity (this ONE mod I don't think I could play without), and traveler. I don't have any conflicts that I see. My Sims game is playing great.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 June 07, 00:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been convinced!  Grin

Now I see a new shiny, excuse me...

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 June 18, 18:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a bunch of Twallan mod including his storyprogression (with awesome story progression disabled), my game works about as well as it ever has.
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 June 18, 21:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Nraas Master Controller and Cheats along with Awesome Mod...works great.  I have tried some of Twallen's other mods but sometimes have problems.  Removing them (especially the Traveler) always fixes my game.
horf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 June 18, 21:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

Having the same problem: checked patches, reinstalled, tried to bypass and the Sims spat at me... then I realised the current version of Sims 3 is 1.55 not 1.50! So we need to wait for an up to date version of Awesome mod looks like!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013 June 19, 02:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch damage level seems to roughly expansion-level. Are we expecting a new one soon or something? This may take a while, since it's not a quickie autopatch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tenshi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013 June 19, 03:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch damage level seems to roughly expansion-level. Are we expecting a new one soon or something? This may take a while, since it's not a quickie autopatch.
If you mean new expansion soon, then yes. Supposed to be coming the 25th.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013 June 19, 10:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think EA loves you, because it gives the patch before the EP (the same with 1.50 before University)... Grin They give you some time to update your mods... Grin

The words are the soul image
horf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013 June 19, 10:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sitting on my hands patiently. Can't play Sims without AM because of freezing issues and bypassing the error message just led me to another message that said re-install or quit!! No thank you, the Sims.
Mishell
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013 June 19, 13:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may take a while, since it's not a quickie autopatch.

The sound of impatient flailing that you hear from the masses is cleverly disguised gratitude.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013 June 21, 00:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sitting on my hands patiently. Can't play Sims without AM because of freezing issues and bypassing the error message just led me to another message that said re-install or quit!! No thank you, the Sims.
Yeah, I won't be playing anymore either until the AM for 1.55 is released. I tried last night and the game sucks without it.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013 June 21, 02:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just didn't patch yet.
Anghara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013 June 22, 05:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again I am thankful that UK EP release dates are three days after US ones... I never patch until I get my EP disc, and by then I am an incredibly happy bunny as Pes has normally managed to at least get a test version up. I normally have no problems waiting until AM is ready as without it the game is not worth playing.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013 June 22, 13:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to buy and installed a EP about 2 to 4 weeks after it comes out as I've learned that I don't enjoy beta testing for EA.  Once AM appears to be stable, then I buy the new EP.  Besides the last two times I was able to buy my new EP for 50% off.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013 June 23, 02:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either you play the fucking new EP without AM or you fucking wait; it's not rocket science or that big of a fucking deal.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013 June 23, 12:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you know mod creators aren't motivated to update unless two or three tards show up and post "MAN I SURE MISS HAVING THAT MOD IN MY GAME WITH THE NEW PATCH AND ALL, HINTHINT."

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013 June 27, 15:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.55 test version up. I am mildly concerned that it actually booted on the first test run and nothing appeared visibly wrong right off the bat. Consider yourselves warned.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: