More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:36:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.50
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.50  (Read 39457 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.50
« Reply #25 on: 2013 February 20, 18:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how long it will take for the idiots rushing to install the patch to start complaining because AM, and other mods are not yet compatible.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013 February 20, 19:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This patch is huge and the carnage is expansion-level. Are we expecting a new expansion Real Soon Now or something? I'm seeing changes added to stuff which shouldn't normally be touched in a simple patch.

Suffice it to say your update is going to take awhile longer, rather than being a 5-minute patch-and-go deal.

University Life comes out in less than 2 weeks; and it looks like the patch added the new ghosts, as well as the "set bed/door ownership/access feature."  More info here: http://simsvip.com/2013/02/19/sims-3-patch-1-50-new-features-options/#more-21289.

Is MATY still going to be here after this weekend?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013 February 20, 22:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incremental patch goes from the previous patch number (lets pull numbers out of my ass and say 1.0.0) and patches to the new patch level (1.0.1, in my example).
Thanks for the explanation I never knew that.
« Last Edit: 2013 February 20, 23:22:58 by Tia » Logged
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013 February 23, 17:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only mildly rage about the patch because some of the stuff being fixed has been a thing since WA. We all die a little without AM but seeing all the junk here I can see why its going to be a while. I'd almost say yay for EA pulling their heads out but then I think of the hot air balloon and toddler venue and the facepalming begins.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013 February 23, 18:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I downloaded the super patch. Vista threw a fit about where it came from. I instructed it to run anyways. However, it will not install. Just happily hangs there with nothing more then a vista spinner at the mouse pointer. I end up having to shut down, because, it doesn't even show up as running in the task manager. I have tried shutting off my anti-virus, as well as telling vista to allow it. Even tried running it as administrator. Anyone have any ideas of why it may not be running?
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013 February 23, 20:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Realmscat, I had exactly the same issue. For some reason after a couple of reboots it now downloads a giant patch of 1.2 Gig, which appeared to be the whole base game patch and everything now installs.
« Last Edit: 2013 February 23, 21:05:22 by saraswati » Logged
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013 February 24, 05:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have tried rebooting. Unfortunately not a solution. I should also mention my OS is Vista 32bit, I have 4gigs of ram only 3gigs recognized,  also an AMD atholon(tm) II X 2 processor 3ghz, and a Nvida GeForce GTS 250. Not sure if that info helps or not. Anyways still looking for a solution.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013 February 24, 15:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have tried rebooting. Unfortunately not a solution. I should also mention my OS is Vista 32bit, I have 4gigs of ram only 3gigs recognized,  also an AMD atholon(tm) II X 2 processor 3ghz, and a Nvida GeForce GTS 250. Not sure if that info helps or not. Anyways still looking for a solution.

It may just be me but those specs don't sound very good for this game. Regardless, have you tried re-downloading the patch? Is Origin up-to-date? Is Java/Adobe or whatever it is that the launcher uses up-to-date?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013 February 24, 19:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed this super patch all 1.2gb but now the game is crashing all the time, anyone else suffering from this or do I have other problems?
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013 February 25, 15:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kissing Toast: Well it is not the biggest, basassed gaming PC, but I played the sims 3 just fine up to Seasons. No lag, no stutters unless I sent someone on vaction.  Even then it was only when there were alot of sims. Since seasons I have a CTD problem I was hoping the patch would fix. This little PC of mine also plays Skyrim with over 70 mods with the setting on high. Though it can not handle ultra high I admit. So it should be able to handle one little super patch. As far as your questions, yes to everyone of them.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013 February 25, 23:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed this super patch all 1.2gb but now the game is crashing all the time, anyone else suffering from this or do I have other problems?

I installed the super patch just fine, removed some out of date mods, and everything is fine, no CTDs.  Have you removed all of your mods/CC just incase something is out of date.

So it should be able to handle one little super patch.

You haven't said what size file your super patch is.

missladee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013 February 28, 06:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I downloaded the super patch. Vista threw a fit about where it came from. I instructed it to run anyways. However, it will not install. Just happily hangs there with nothing more then a vista spinner at the mouse pointer. I end up having to shut down, because, it doesn't even show up as running in the task manager. I have tried shutting off my anti-virus, as well as telling vista to allow it. Even tried running it as administrator. Anyone have any ideas of why it may not be running?

EA admits to choking on that one. Try installing it again.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013 March 04, 17:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally resolved the issue, I had to tweek a few settings, and also reinstall Origin. It finally installed, and the game seems to be stable at this point.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013 March 04, 21:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With this patch, it seems ghost hauntings have turned into giant queue-stomping massacres.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013 March 04, 23:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody know if they fixed the incremental patch?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013 March 05, 09:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know they said it would take a couple of weeks, but, that was on Feb. 20 that SimGuruWeb said this.  I expect it would be this week or next.  He hasn't said anything more on the official University thread.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013 March 05, 10:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I did a boneheaded thing and downloaded the patch through the launcher. Now every time I start the game it loads until I'm suppose to pick which hood I'm going to play at which point it says there's no disc. I unmounted the game, uninstalled and then reinstalled but that didn't work either. How do I fix this?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013 March 05, 10:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They replaced the incremental patch through the launcher with the super patch.  Not sure when they are going to fix the incremental one. 
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013 March 05, 13:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They replaced the incremental patch through the launcher with the super patch.  Not sure when they are going to fix the incremental one. 

Shit! I guess I'll have to download the SP after all then. Le sigh! Now that I'm not sleep deprived any more I see the error of my ways. Ofc, they're not gonna fix the patch! What was I thinking?! Cheers.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013 March 05, 15:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I did a boneheaded thing and downloaded the patch through the launcher. Now every time I start the game it loads until I'm suppose to pick which hood I'm going to play at which point it says there's no disc. I unmounted the game, uninstalled and then reinstalled but that didn't work either. How do I fix this?

Have you checked what the desktop shortcut is pointing to, may be pointing to something other than the TS3W.exe file.

Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013 March 06, 00:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a dumbass because I never saved my Supernatural and my Seasons downloads. While torrenting new copies to reinstall -- grasping at straws here. When applying this patch (the super one), I ran into a rather strange bug: The launcher will not open and claims that the installation is incomplete. I can open it with the awesomeupdater, but then all custom content is missing, and I cannot actually move anything in the game but the camera controls. Any tips?
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013 March 06, 00:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Goody Goody someone who we can all gang up on.   I love being back at school.
Pretty ironic given the expansion.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013 March 06, 01:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a dumbass because I never saved my Supernatural and my Seasons downloads. While torrenting new copies to reinstall -- grasping at straws here. When applying this patch (the super one), I ran into a rather strange bug: The launcher will not open and claims that the installation is incomplete. I can open it with the awesomeupdater, but then all custom content is missing, and I cannot actually move anything in the game but the camera controls. Any tips?
Make sure your Origin is updated, then try again.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013 March 06, 02:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure your Origin is updated, then try again.

Aye, tried installing the thing to begin with, to see if that was the issue -- at which point everything pretty much exploded. Going to do a clean install of everything now -- don't think I want to poke this pile of corrupt data with a stick.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013 March 06, 04:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked what the desktop shortcut is pointing to, may be pointing to something other than the TS3W.exe file.

You were exactly right and I feel more silly than before. However now I am having insanely long loading times of 30-45 minutes to load a simple single story, 2 bedroom lot inhabited by 2 sims. I am ARRRGGGHHH with frustration.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: