More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:57:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Any more info about the Exception Raised error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any more info about the Exception Raised error?  (Read 13199 times)
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Any more info about the Exception Raised error?
« on: 2012 December 13, 20:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the exception raised: unhanded page fault on write access at address (random numbers) x (random numbers) Do you want to debug? error and as usual, if i hit yes or no, it shuts down my game. it happens at random times, usually in CAS but in general game play as well. Sometimes weird graphical things happen before the error starts (like red and yellow flashing ground and streets, red faces, or no textures will load right), even when I have all the settings as low as they get, or the game slows down first, then i get the error but I just can't pinpoint what makes it happen. I've tried taking all my CC out and the game ran smoother, but I still got the error. I was just curious if anyone had any new advice or info on what causes these or how to fix them?
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Any more info about the Exception Raised error?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 December 13, 21:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad CC, according to a fuckton of people here who were having the same problem. They are also using Macs.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 December 14, 03:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been explained over and over to her, fuck-twit just can't fucking control the need to make a new thread about it every few months.  Tell mommy and daddy to get you a real computer for Christmas, m'kay?  Now STFU and go AWAY!

meh.
missnotits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 December 14, 16:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you bitterquill, I read the entire forum and it's still unresolved at modthesims because even if we don't have CC it still happens, I guess it's just Macs not agreeing with Sims.
 and sorry redrebel, mommy and daddy are too busy paying for my chemo to pay for a new computer, but thanks, I will go away now.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 December 14, 18:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pay for your own chemo you bottom feeder. Noonecurr.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 December 14, 21:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not exactly unresolved, though. There are two possible problems: bad CC and/or Macs being inherently more likely to choke on the game. There are two possible solutions: take out the offending CC and/or don't play the game on a Mac. Just because you don't like the solutions or don't have the resources to enact them, doesn't mean the solutions don't exist.

Before you take that as some sort of prejudice against Mac-users, it's well-known that Macs simply don't handle the game as well. There are people who will moan all day because their graphics card or memory or whatever are not optimal for the game. No amount of bitching (and ignoring advice to upgrade the hardware) will make their machines more capable. It's the same concept.

Cancer sucks but it is no excuse to be a dumbass.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 December 15, 00:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you bitterquill, I read the entire forum and it's still unresolved at modthesims because even if we don't have CC it still happens, I guess it's just Macs not agreeing with Sims.
 and sorry redrebel, mommy and daddy are too busy paying for my chemo to pay for a new computer, but thanks, I will go away now.

They should be paying for a tutor, to show you how to fucking capitalize.  People who actually have cancer don't go around bragging about it.  Macs do not like gaming.  News at fucking 11.

meh.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2012 December 15, 23:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit, I have never walked past an Apple store and thought to myself. Ya know, I really do have too much money, I should waste some by paying twice as much for a computer than I need to, besides, I want to make playing games far more difficult and inconvenient than it has to be, I'd also like to limit my hardware upgrade options, and annoy people on PC forums by posting about all the issues I have, all while looking at my really pretty computer that will make me super cool in the eyes of my hipster friends. Of course, as my grandad used to say back in 1985, Apple Macs will become the primary hardware for everyone in the next few years, so this will give me a head start on those naive and pesky PC users!

blackgryffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 December 18, 19:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not exactly unresolved, though. There are two possible problems: bad CC and/or Macs being inherently more likely to choke on the game. There are two possible solutions: take out the offending CC and/or don't play the game on a Mac. Just because you don't like the solutions or don't have the resources to enact them, doesn't mean the solutions don't exist.

Before you take that as some sort of prejudice against Mac-users, it's well-known that Macs simply don't handle the game as well. There are people who will moan all day because their graphics card or memory or whatever are not optimal for the game. No amount of bitching (and ignoring advice to upgrade the hardware) will make their machines more capable. It's the same concept.

Cancer sucks but it is no excuse to be a dumbass.

Beyond the prejudices of the PC tards around, the problems related to Exception Raised errors encountered by Mac users around and more since the 1.42 patch and Seasons are in fact a typical Windows error.

You are wrong about your 2 so-called possible errors ... CC is not to blame. Neither Mac. The real thing is the ciderization of the game by EA.

So, to play, you have 2 options : Install a Windows partition via Bootcamp and play the Sims 3 on it or wait the next super patcher and avoid the 1.42 one which is obviously too buggy on Mac. That's it, that's all. And remember : a Mac is not a typical gaming platform.

I won't enter a stupid war of platforms. This is only for tards who will always prefer to play with their settings than enjoying their computer and even life itself.

zen ...
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 December 18, 19:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boy, you sure showed us with that little diatribe! You sound like a typical Apple fanboy, "changing settings is like, omg, so hard and stuff!" who has to justify spending twice as money on a computer that is half as useful as a PC.

I'm convinced now that bashing Macs and Apple is just so wrong, because the real problem is that gaming on a Mac is stupid and non-standard, and because of that EA didn't bother to actually rewrite their code to run on a Mac natively. 

PCs are better for gaming. PCs have always been better for gaming (where always is defined as starting when the only contenders were PCs and Macs). PCs will probably always be better for gaming. If you play games on a non-standard platform you will likely have problems. Find a bridge and get over yourself.

blackgryffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 December 18, 20:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need to call me an apple fanboy to explain your point ? Interesting ... make me laugh. Good ! I laugh too when I see a PC fanboy doing some graphic design on PC. Or any tard who's still doing his texts on Microsoft Office ...

But yes, as I already wrote, a Mac is not a typical gaming platform. And you are right : EA doesn't care about mac players and never did. Nothing new.

The point here is not the platform but the numbers of errors and problems inside ONE patch. And the lack of solutions. For now.

Anyway, I don't really care since playing the Sims 3 is not the center of my universe.

zen ...
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 December 18, 20:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need to call me an apple fanboy to explain your point ? Interesting ... make me laugh. Good ! I laugh too when I see a PC fanboy doing some graphic design on PC. Or any tard who's still doing his texts on Microsoft Office ...
Obviously she did, this statement just further proves her point.

The point here is not the platform but the numbers of errors and problems inside ONE patch. And the lack of solutions. For now.
No, the point is the platform. Mac problems with the Sims has been an issue from the beginning not just since 1.42.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
blackgryffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 December 18, 20:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the point is the platform. Mac problems with the Sims has been an issue from the beginning not just since 1.42.

Do you write about this just for the pleasure to admire your own words ? I suppose.

I play ( sometimes ) with the Sims from ..... gosh, many years and rarely had problems with it. As far I know, the numbers of tards on both platforms are incredibly high. Not my point anyway. Exception Raised errors are Windows errors belonging to a bad ciderization by EA on Mac.

Do you feel better to say stupid things about Mac because you prefer another platform ? Or because EA doesn't do the job ?

zen ...
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 December 18, 21:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you write about this just for the pleasure to admire your own words ? I suppose.

I play ( sometimes ) with the Sims from ..... gosh, many years and rarely had problems with it. As far I know, the numbers of tards on both platforms are incredibly high. Not my point anyway. Exception Raised errors are Windows errors belonging to a bad ciderization by EA on Mac.

Do you feel better to say stupid things about Mac because you prefer another platform ? Or because EA doesn't do the job ?

Butt hurt is growing in this one. Lurk moar, you'll find lots of problems with the game from the begining that only pertains to Mac users. Even if this particular issue is windows based, it still only shows up on Macs, hence the point.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 December 18, 22:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CC is not to blame. Neither Mac.

Except in the cases of the Mac-users (in the thread I linked to) who solved the issue by removing CC, and the hundreds of  thousands of PC users who don't have the issue at all, you mean?

Regardless of whether the fault lies with EA or with Apple, the simple fact is that Macs tend not to run TS3 as well, all other factors being approximately equal. Likewise, I never intended to imply that the things I mentioned were the *only* possible causes and solutions, only that according to other users who have experienced the same problem, they are *valid* causes and solutions. If that wasn't clear, my apologies to anyone who was confused.

Sure there are ways to make the game run *acceptably* on a Mac (although it tends to still be inherently less stable than on a PC), but the OP has a history of Mac-specific issues, both on this account and on her old one before she forgot her password. Honestly, the easiest solution would be to accept that her computer is not equipped for the game and save up for a PC. Since her tech knowledge is somewhat lacking, it would simply be to her benefit to run the game on the standard platform. That's not an insult to her *or* to Mac users.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 19, 01:15:21 by bitterquill » Logged
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 December 19, 00:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are pretty much the definition of the term "fanboy". I have an iPhone. I LOVE my iPhone. It is the best phone I've ever owned and it would take something pretty damn revolutionary to get me to switch away from the iPhone.

But, it's not for everyone. My husband wants to write software for his phone, without jailbreaking the phone or buying a several thousand dollar computer to do so. Android is the clear winner here.

Gaming: Buy a PC or STFU.
Non-gamer that doesn't do much on a computer, doesn't have the training to deal with MS bullshit, and has a ton of disposable income to waste: Mac

What's wrong with Office? It's functional, the industry standard, and fucks up less than google docs or Open Office does.

Anyway, I don't really care since playing the Sims 3 is not the center of my universe.

Of course, that's why you took the time to put forth a vehement defense of your overly beloved computer.

gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 December 19, 02:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macs are a big scam!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 December 19, 14:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember the Mac commercials of the early 90s, where Apple itself implied that its customers were complete morons?  "I bought a PC and brought it home, but there were all these WIRES and DISKS and MANUALS, and it BROKE MY BRANE!  But then I bought a MAC, and it was ready to go out of the box!"

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 December 20, 02:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't resist, I hated these commercials!

meh.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: