More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 03:28:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default Replacement Skins
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default Replacement Skins  (Read 76066 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Default Replacement Skins
« Reply #150 on: 2006 February 12, 21:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Untill I switched to Enayla's I was using Allan Akbar's (available in the adult section over at InSim) and was happy with them. I only switched because after using his since I started playing Sims 2, I needed a change  Roll Eyes 
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 February 12, 21:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if you could do a default skin using textures from different creators.

In a default file, all the textures are different, Male and Female, children toddler teen adult and Elder.  Except children and toddler share the same textures for both sexes. 

The only problem I would see right off the bat, is the head texture is shared for both women and men.  So that might look weird.

However in a standard skin, it's not.  So I theorize it could be possible to create a skin with different textures for the different ages and sex.  Interesting idea.  Maybe I'll experiement one day.

Kate Enayla's skins are really shiny, but I think they look good in the game.  They make for weird looking thumbnails though.  My current Avatar uses her skin.  But it's really all a question of taste.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 February 12, 21:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

angelyne, I've wondered about that myself, always meant to try it out but I keep forgetting  Roll Eyes

right now I'm trying to decide if I want to use Warlokk's new Default Replacement Top & Bottom  (nipples and more for females - even when nude)

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=4382

adult access is required to see the very newest versions.

I may need to switch back to my old default skintones or edit Enaylas, if I do decide to use Warlokks new stuff...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006 February 12, 22:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*frown*

I cant find a set of skins I like, default or not default. Maxis skins (and all the ones that basically take those and add pubes) are too flat and cartoony and uninteresting. Enayla's are WAY too shiny. Helaene's are gorgeous on adult women, but on men and children they are downright creepy as they look like they're wearing very heavy eyeliner and sometimes lipstick.

Any good places to look for skins besides those creators and besides MTS2, which has been "loading" my search for "default skins" for about the last five minutes?

I have a veery good pale custom skin from Alle Meine Sims (called Pergamenthout) which is very realistic for North European types (no naughty bits though!)

I also have a good pale skin and a pale blue elf skin from Starrats at the sims Zone (the UK site).

Also, two lovely mid tones from Devil Kitty Sims.

None of these look over shiny in my game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 February 12, 22:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some of the creators over at InSIM have some nice skintones
http://www.insimenator.net/forums.php
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »