More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:28:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a fix or cure for this
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a fix or cure for this  (Read 3432 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Is there a fix or cure for this
« on: 2005 December 05, 17:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

today when I was playing I kept getting a bunch of footprint icons and they said  "go here" not move[ out of the way] like they usually say.  Some of the sims had 8 or 9 at one time.   Angry

I never had the footprintswhen I had the "no route fail"  before it quit working. 

I was  reading the "don't wave at me"  thread but it did not seem to be the cure for this problem.   thanks
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Is there a fix or cure for this
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 06, 01:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds very odd, and I would tend to think that the fix is to find what in your game is causing it to happen, as I've not heard of anyone else with the problem, so I don't think it's a game malfunction (though I could be wrong, of course).

Zephyr Zodiac
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 06, 14:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

duh,  I found the problem. 

In the process of taking out hacks and putting them back in, I had accidentally installed an older version of the phone hack and that was causing the problem.   I should have known that something was wrong when I called a taxi and only picked three sims to go downtown but they all got in the taxi and then I started getting the footprint icons.

that,s what I get for shuffling hacks around.    lol
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 06, 14:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, unfortunately sometimes we tend to keep older versions in case we revert to playing without NL, or without Uni, etc., so it's easy to get confused.  A pity we can't get package files to display in a different colour so we could make all NL hacks, say Purple, all Uni ones, say Green, etc.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 06, 21:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, the moment a new version is out, I always rename the old one.  I rename the .zip or .rar files and add the word "old" to the file name so I don't have to look at the date I donwload it to make sure I am using the right one. 

I don't like to delete older version in case the newest one will have conflict with other hacks I have.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 06, 22:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have problems finding the date I downloaded something these days, I just get modified on such and such when all I did was open the folder it's in!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 07, 03:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have problems finding the date I downloaded something these days, I just get modified on such and such when all I did was open the folder it's in!

when I download a new hack (or a new version) it goes in a new subfolder for that hacker/modder and I now put the versions # or the date I downloaded it as part of the name of the subfolder, found it helped me keep track of them better cause I always keep the older versions "just in case"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 07, 03:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I do do the subfolder bit, but I haven't bothered with dates, perhaps I should.  What I have done, though, is separate out all the NL compatible ones.  But I shall have to get more organised  ---  one of these days!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: