More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:16:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  EAxis gardening bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis gardening bug  (Read 19249 times)
Faythe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
EAxis gardening bug
« on: 2012 September 30, 02:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, with the new 1.38 update EA screwed more stuff up. This time it's the interactions "Tend Garden" "Harvest" and "Weed plant" They used to have your sim do all of the plants on the lot, but now they only do 1-5, and they seem to snap into a different animation when they're done, as well as the occasional teleportation. Would you mind fixing this?

I did a search in the last 90 days since supernatural has come out and this was the only post that relates and it seemed to have gotten bypassed.  Basically in my game I have tried many many things, including uninstalling and reinstalling everything. 

The Bug I am having is that my character will start to tend garden then stop, reset position, and I would have to tend garden again.  When this happened my plants were then stuck on harvest even with no fruit left on them, until I disposed and started again.  Then my character would behave fine until she tried to harvest again.

My original character would get the garden bug right when I first started on her, on every plany.  So I thought okay maybe this is a bug with previous characters in Supernatural. 

My second attempt was to make an all new character, and play her. Was going along fine until I traveled to France to get my grapes and she was bugged in France.  However when I got back to the main game she worked fine.  At least until I found Money Tree Seeds.  Those trees seems to be borked in every game I have tried them on.

Getting frustated with the game and myself I nuked the entire game, reinstalled from scratch, patched, installed Awesomemod, started a new character again and played.  This character was going fine, though once again the money trees were broken.  This time she would harvest them fine until they got to outstanding quality then they would lock on harvest and all I could do it get was rid of them.  Even with the money trees being buggy, the rest of her garden worked fine though the money trees would stomp her full queue and I'd have to trigger it again.

My last attempt I played without any extra mods other than awesomemod, including any store content.  Also when I reinstalled the game I only installed the Game and each expansion pack, no stuff packs at all.  Now the odd thing is... My fiancee cannot seem to replicate this bug.  he did take my advice to start a new character instead of continuing with his old one.  I have shown him repeatedly what would happen with my characters and though he tried to replicate it, he hasn't had any trouble with the money tree seeds.

I am posting here because it seems someone else would have this same problem happening hence the original quote.  I have tried all I can come up with if anyone could advise me on this or if Pescado can replicate the bug it would be greatly appreciated.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: EAxis gardening bug
« Reply #1 on: 2012 September 30, 07:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, with the new 1.38 update EA screwed more stuff up. This time it's the interactions "Tend Garden" "Harvest" and "Weed plant" They used to have your sim do all of the plants on the lot, but now they only do 1-5, and they seem to snap into a different animation when they're done, as well as the occasional teleportation. Would you mind fixing this?

I did a search in the last 90 days since supernatural has come out and this was the only post that relates and it seemed to have gotten bypassed

It wasn't bypassed. It was ignored. This is not an awesome bug.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Faythe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 September 30, 07:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search in the last 90 days since supernatural has come out and this was the only post that relates and it seemed to have gotten bypassed

It wasn't bypassed. It was ignored. This is not an awesome bug.

Ah but it was my understanding that Pescado has crafted awesomemod to fix the things that EA has broken, of which he has done an amazing job of it.  My fiancee has now been able to replicate the bug, but only in China.  When he got back though he was still able to farm his forest of money trees without a problem.  My new witch I started, also had the bug in china when I went to get her MA book, equipment, and plants from there.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 September 30, 13:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your understanding is wrong.  If this gardening "bug" was something EA had broken, it would be happening to everyone, not just to you.  This is the AWESOMEMOD BUG REPORT thread.  Where you report specific AWESOMEMOD BUGS, not mewl about every little thing that's gone wrong in your game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
moar boobs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 September 30, 22:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search in the last 90 days since supernatural has come out and this was the only post that relates and it seemed to have gotten bypassed.  Basically in my game I have tried many many things, including uninstalling and reinstalling everything. 

The Bug I am having is that my character will start to tend garden then stop, reset position, and I would have to tend garden again.  When this happened my plants were then stuck on harvest even with no fruit left on them, until I disposed and started again.  Then my character would behave fine until she tried to harvest again.

My original character would get the garden bug right when I first started on her, on every plany.  So I thought okay maybe this is a bug with previous characters in Supernatural. 

My second attempt was to make an all new character, and play her. Was going along fine until I traveled to France to get my grapes and she was bugged in France.  However when I got back to the main game she worked fine.  At least until I found Money Tree Seeds.  Those trees seems to be borked in every game I have tried them on.

Getting frustated with the game and myself I nuked the entire game, reinstalled from scratch, patched, installed Awesomemod, started a new character again and played.  This character was going fine, though once again the money trees were broken.  This time she would harvest them fine until they got to outstanding quality then they would lock on harvest and all I could do it get was rid of them.  Even with the money trees being buggy, the rest of her garden worked fine though the money trees would stomp her full queue and I'd have to trigger it again.

My last attempt I played without any extra mods other than awesomemod, including any store content.  Also when I reinstalled the game I only installed the Game and each expansion pack, no stuff packs at all.  Now the odd thing is... My fiancee cannot seem to replicate this bug.  he did take my advice to start a new character instead of continuing with his old one.  I have shown him repeatedly what would happen with my characters and though he tried to replicate it, he hasn't had any trouble with the money tree seeds.

I am posting here because it seems someone else would have this same problem happening hence the original quote.  I have tried all I can come up with if anyone could advise me on this or if Pescado can replicate the bug it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you by chance have the Gardener NPC from MTS?  I have the gardener and my sims won't harvest plants one after the other anymore, I have to tell them to get each plant individually. Worth it to me, since the only time I garden is when I'm in another country. I let my gardeners do the work in my home world.
LordNecrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 October 04, 16:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not the only one!  I have given up on a generations old Money tree grove.
One by on the all broke just as you discribe. I tried many fixes and remedies to no avail Sad

Just becaue it has not happened to you does not mean you need be an ass about it.
(you know who you is!)

Discussion is widespread across the net about this bug. ya net wide.

Perhaps the obstreperous jerk can give us a fix.

and NO dumb ass I am sure it's not awesome related
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 October 04, 17:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to go on the record and also say I'm not experiencing this with Awesomemod being used. Is this the bug that EA said only effects old plants not new ones?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 October 04, 22:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only save I have encountered with this bug was an old Lunar Lakes game I hadn't played in months.  I just tossed it and started a new game.

meh.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 October 04, 23:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what the deal is with the so called gardening bug.  I applied 1.38 and installed SN and was able to garden just fine, both old and new plants.  I haven't tried with 1.39 as of yet, as I am redoing the valley with my own lots.  The only gardening mod I have and use is the gardening gnome, and had no problems with the older version by dolphin, but a number of people claim it caused problems and wasn't working right.

It seems if it was an EAxis bug, then everyone would be seeing it, if it was AM specific as some people implied, everyone using AM would be seeing it.  I am leaning to tightpants being the issue, but as people like to continually claim they are not using other mods, it is really hard to diagnose the problem.  I tend to apply the House principle to most people who claim not to be using other mods, that is everyone lies.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 October 07, 12:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not the only one!  I have given up on a generations old Money tree grove.
One by on the all broke just as you discribe. I tried many fixes and remedies to no avail Sad

Just becaue it has not happened to you does not mean you need be an ass about it.
(you know who you is!)

Jesus wept.  Really?  "YOU IS"??

Discussion is widespread across the net about this bug. ya net wide.

Perhaps the obstreperous jerk can give us a fix.

and NO dumb ass I am sure it's not awesome related

THEN WHY IN THE HOLY GREEN FUCK ARE YOU YAMMERING ABOUT IT IN THE AWESOMEMOD BUG REPORT THREAD IF YOU KNOW IT ISN'T AN AWESOMEMOD BUG?  THREADS HAVE TITLES FOR A REASON!  So far, that's one entire page in the BUG REPORT THREAD devoted to an off-topic "bug" that has nothing to do with Awesomemod, and everything to do with PEBKAC.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 07, 13:11:22 by jezzer » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #10 on: 2012 October 10, 23:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardening - and Overwatch...

I have never used Overwatch, only barely heard of it.   But it is recommended as a fix for my gardening problem.

My sims planted on a public lot, but as far as I can tell from ea posts from other people it's a problem on home lots as well.

The garden has grown to harvest.  I tell my sim either to Harvest or Tend Garden - either way, they do one plant, get a jump bug.  So it doesn't matter if I tell them to do the next plant, they drop the queue.

Also, it seems like plants are not harvesting again.  Nine days into a trip to China, the garden was planted on day 1 - and the apple, grape, tomato, lettuce only harvested once.  Now they always say they are in harvest mode but no fruit/veggies.

So, is there an awesome fix for this?   Can I run Overwatch with Awesomemod?   Should I just pester EA, which means I have to run cheat free which really blows.   This mod really IS AWESOME.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #11 on: 2012 October 11, 02:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you thoroughly checked your mods? Jump bug can be caused by conflicts. Nrass mods can be used with AM, some of them are very useful.
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 October 22, 00:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an EA coding error that initiates when you have the Gatherer trait and money trees.

Chicken0895MoneyTree Bug Fix.package will fix it...join TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum to download it.

Viewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 October 23, 02:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also just install the Harvesting Robot and fire-and-forget.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=480691
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 October 31, 18:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an EA coding error that initiates when you have the Gatherer trait and money trees.

What is the Gatherer trait? I don't think I have it in my game. Is it another name for the Green Thumb trait? Is it CC?

INTP.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 October 31, 19:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a trait from Supernatural.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 November 01, 20:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps my bug is different, then. I don't have Supernatural. I'm patched to 1.39. The only CC I have is EA store stuff (which I'm told can still cause tight pants, in which case, I'm screwed because I have quite a lot of it). In my game, the current fambly's garden is borked in that when gardening, all is fine until the sim tries to harvest. This results in a total queue stomp and minor popping out, not so far as to be out of the garden, but the sim is just suddenly standing by the plant. Produce usually does not appear in their inventory although a few times it still has. I'm hoping this is something that El Presidente can fix in his ever Awesome Mod, however, since I seem to be the only one having this bug appear with my particular set up, I suspect that gardening is just going to be broken in my game.

INTP.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 November 02, 22:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps my bug is different, then. I don't have Supernatural. I'm patched to 1.39. The only CC I have is EA store stuff (which I'm told can still cause tight pants, in which case, I'm screwed because I have quite a lot of it). In my game, the current fambly's garden is borked in that when gardening, all is fine until the sim tries to harvest. This results in a total queue stomp and minor popping out, not so far as to be out of the garden, but the sim is just suddenly standing by the plant. Produce usually does not appear in their inventory although a few times it still has. I'm hoping this is something that El Presidente can fix in his ever Awesome Mod, however, since I seem to be the only one having this bug appear with my particular set up, I suspect that gardening is just going to be broken in my game.

Have you tried a fresh game or is this with an old save?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 November 02, 23:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're patched, you might still have the trait and coding in your game.  Some patches add EP-specific functionality to the game even when you don't have the EP in question.  Past patches have added things like traits, building tools, etc.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 November 03, 04:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are actually several gardening bugs, only one of them with regard to the Gatherer trait. Currently I have the one phnxflyng is having, too, and it was triggered by moving an existing household into a fresh game. The Sim with the gardening skill (and no Gatherer trait) could garden perfectly fine in the first game, but as soon as they were moved to another game harvesting caused a queue drop in each instance and the plant was then forever stuck at harvest stage without producing any further produce. The same can happen when Sims travel to WA destinations and return home. I think it has got something to do with improperly transitioning the skill journal on export/import. It's tied to the Sim and not the plants as the same happens on community lots. Yet while plants there recover plants on the active Sim's lot remain unharvestable forever.
If I recall correctly this bug first appeared in existing saves that were then patched to 1.38, so the conclusion was that it only affected saves or Sims respectively that were made before that. But my current Sim was created with 1.42 installed and the second save obviously, too, and the bug is still there. Twallan's Overwatch has a fix for it and it's the only one that I know of.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 November 03, 18:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and it was triggered by moving an existing household into a fresh game.

Yup. That's it.

INTP.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 December 28, 02:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is bad, yeah, yeah, but this bitch of a bug is annoying since it's my Sim's main source of income.

Patched up to 1.42, Seasons installed. Winter came around, the plants all went dormant, and now that it's Spring all of the plants have sprung back to life, though stuck in a forever harvest state (but not harvestable).  I attempted to have my Fairy Sim create a new plant and bloom it to maturity.  Then it too went to harvest and sat there unharvestable.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 December 28, 05:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just fixed the issue today with Twallan's Overwatch.  Yes, some features are redundant with Awesome and are redundant, however, it works like a charm and seems to be playing nice with Awesome.
Spotty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2012 December 28, 19:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some features are redundant with Awesome and are redundant

You just made my day, thank you.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator