More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:09:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  About bringing that Tricou family back to life
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: About bringing that Tricou family back to life  (Read 22015 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: About bringing that Tricou family back to life
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 05, 13:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The six townie children list Jon as their father, but if you look at Jon's family tree, he is not related to them.  I don't know how that is suppose to work.  I was thinking of making Jon and Jennicor the parents of the townies and thus Nylissit and Jennail would be their sisters.  Has anyone done that?? good idea?? bad idea??

I've left jennicor out of it, and left them as "by-blows" as the victorians used to call them!  I think if you check out any of the Tricous, a lot of their memories are missing, so the fact that Jon has no connexion to them in the Family Tree is just another thing that can be edited in SimPE.

Basically, I moved most of them straight to Uni, which is how I found out some would grow up badly that way, but the one with NL hair (whose name varies) if made have one of the Downtownies as an uncle, moved him into a house then got him to get to know her over the phone, then invite her over and ask her to move in (I used the updated moveinall from MTS2).  That's when I resurrected Fricorith in simpE and teleported him to the lot and resurrected all the Tricous he had wants to resurrect.
I did a lot of editing and such and Jennicor is quite fond of her adopted teens in my game as a result and the teens are getting the grew up well memories by having them spend time with Jon and Jennicor. Sean grew up well and has Married.  his sister Crystal is at Uni with a grew up well memory and all teens are now reflected in the family tree appropriately as a result of the editing and Jennicors subsequent adoption of the six teens. When an event occurs in one of the teens lives like going to college  all family members now show that memory.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 05, 18:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'm the mean one. I pruned them out of my Tricou family tree. 4 of them are grown up and married off.  Since their children need to be able to marry each other, it seemed prudent.  I believe it was just another wacky Maxis error that they ended up related.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 05, 20:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have enough other sims in the area, they don't need to marry their cousins, they'll have plenty of choice.  I mean, 6 - 12 sims is not that many to find unrelated partners for.  (Unless you plan on the original six having enormous families!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 05, 20:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have enough other sims in the area, they don't need to marry their cousins, they'll have plenty of choice.  I mean, 6 - 12 sims is not that many to find unrelated partners for.  (Unless you plan on the original six having enormous families!)
I have other unrelated sims  to them in my hood.I have already gotten one married off and another is close to getting engaged to the nephew of her brother's wife. and the pleasant girls are unattached as is another teen girl in my hood. I have a teen boy that is unattached for the remaining girl as well

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 05, 20:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'm the mean one. I pruned them out of my Tricou family tree. 4 of them are grown up and married off.  Since their children need to be able to marry each other, it seemed prudent.  I believe it was just another wacky Maxis error that they ended up related.

After looking at their family ties, I'm thinking that too - it looks a lot like they made Jon Smith and the six teens in CAS first, only making them related because CAS forces teens to be related to someone.

astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 05, 21:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've married in all the townies I intend to for that hood. I've got 15 or so families with 8 or 9 surnames and except for the Legacy family, no more marrying townies. I think it will be interesting to watch how the features evolve  (or don't). I am up to my third generation, a personal record. Yes, I do have a short attent... Cheesy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 05, 22:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've married in all the townies I intend to for that hood. I've got 15 or so families with 8 or 9 surnames and except for the Legacy family, no more marrying townies. I think it will be interesting to watch how the features evolve  (or don't). I am up to my third generation, a personal record. Yes, I do have a short attent... Cheesy
My Tricous  dont marry townies nor do any of my other sims as I despise the genetics the townies have

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 05, 22:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations to you for getting up to Gen 3!  The only time I've got past the second generation was with my first Legacy family and I got up to the sixth just being born.

My problem is that I find myself getting overwhelmed with everything so just wipe the slate clean and start over.  I'm trying very, very hard not to do that this time--the reasoning behind making my own sim family and starting with them!

In looking at SimPE it seems as though moving those ghosts to the lot bin did break the connections between Jon Smith and his Downtownie children.  However, I can find which ones they are because, although it's unknown, there is a relationship between him and several DT teens.

There are a lot of great-looking Downtownies and some Uni students that aren't all that bad, either!  I figure my current neighborhood can go for sometime on game-generated sims before I'll have to start doing something about it. Wink

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 05, 22:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, never mind on that.  For some bizarre reason, SimPE is showing Jon Smith to be known to just about every female student in my game and a few other females he's not had the pleasure of meeting.  I do believe any connection to teen DTs has been lost.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 05, 23:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked up 2 of Jon Smith's children last night (Kelly Love (teen with NL hair) and Tyler Kim (male teen with makeup)) and sent them to college.  In their family tree they recognise eachother and their other siblings as family, and Jon Smith as their father.

All well and good but SimPE shows no such family relationship between them or Jon Smith.

I'm confused.

<insert witty comment here>
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 05, 23:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I picked up 2 of Jon Smith's children last night (Kelly Love (teen with NL hair) and Tyler Kim (male teen with makeup)) and sent them to college.  In their family tree they recognise eachother and their other siblings as family, and Jon Smith as their father.

All well and good but SimPE shows no such family relationship between them or Jon Smith.

I'm confused.
you have to edit the relation ships in Sim Pe to get them to show in JonSmith's family Tree

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 05, 23:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And please don't tell me the geeks at maxis would have been forced to follow the rules in CAS like we are!  Besides, they no doubt have wither SimPE or a similar programme of their own in which they could have checked that these relationships were edited out. 

I just let the relationship run as it meant that I had six teens from the Downtownie Garth family who actually weren't having to start life with no family ties.  I even gave them other ties with some of the Downtownies in some cases, or with dormies or SS members who happened to have the same last name.  That way, there's always someone in their phonebook they can call up to chat with.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 05, 23:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And please don't tell me the geeks at maxis would have been forced to follow the rules in CAS like we are!  Besides, they no doubt have wither SimPE or a similar programme of their own in which they could have checked that these relationships were edited out. 

I just let the relationship run as it meant that I had six teens from the Downtownie Garth family who actually weren't having to start life with no family ties.  I even gave them other ties with some of the Downtownies in some cases, or with dormies or SS members who happened to have the same last name.  That way, there's always someone in their phonebook they can call up to chat with.
thats exactly why I tied them to their father and Jennicor to give them some one they could call up

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 06, 00:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit I found it inexplicable how they gave all the adult downtonies high skill, and loads of friends or near friends among the dormies!  And yet they didn't even know the other residents in the Garth household!  If you had one of the kids at your lot and they were too late going home, one of the Downtownies would come and collect them - but the STILL didn't know them!  CRAZY or WHAT?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: