More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:24:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.36: Now more invasive than you!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.36: Now more invasive than you!  (Read 9248 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Patch 1.36: Now more invasive than you!
« on: 2012 July 10, 22:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the Diesel sp adds a rather invasive store "feature" that can't be turned off. According to my learnings you won't see it if you don't "log in with the launcher" which shouldn't be a problem for most MATYians. It's still pretty douchy of them. I'm glad it's not included witht he patch so it can probably be skipped by simply not installing Diesel.

http://i.imgur.com/lhURO.png

So this does come with patch 1.36 after all. It won't show up for arr'd content according to notouching. I changed the thread title in the hopes someone would like to merge this thread with the other patch 1.36 thread.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 11, 09:16:29 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Diesel: Now more invasive than you!
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 10, 22:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DNW in-game advertising.  Well, DNW ANY advertising, but especially not in my game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 10, 23:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the Diesel sp adds a rather invasive store "feature" that can't be turned off. According to my learnings you won't see it if you don't "log in with the launcher" which shouldn't be a problem for most MATYians. It's still pretty douchy of them. I'm glad it's not included witht he patch so it can probably be skipped by simply not installing Diesel.

http://i.imgur.com/lhURO.png

Actually, that does appear to be added with the new patch.
http://www.simprograms.com/42100/the-sims-3-game-updatepatch-1-36/
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/07/new-feature-featured-sets.html
« Last Edit: 2012 July 10, 23:33:40 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 July 10, 23:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see if I can get banhammered from the EA Forums over this.  :3

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 July 11, 00:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck. I didn't buy it the store crap for a reason, so I don't want to see these ads.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 July 11, 01:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the Diesel Stuff Pack but I have patched my game to 1.36 and can confirm the presence of "featured" store collections. I would almost call it useful if it showed all of the store stuff that I own, however, EA have done a half-arsed job of it and thus it only shows their selection of the sets that I own.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2012 July 11, 02:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Before posting, maybe you guys should look into things for yourselves, instead of spreading someone else's idiotic conspiracies.

The advertising of store items that you do not own has been in game for a while now, and that is turned off via an option. The new feature comes with the 1.36 patch, not the Diesel Stuff Pack. It isn't advertising, it appears to be automatic collections of the stuff you do own, albeit unreliable as usual. However, for most of you, this will probably be an empty and useless feature.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 July 11, 06:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Anach said. Since all of my stuff is decrapped, I don't even see the little box in my game.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 July 11, 09:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sets only show up, if you installed the actual set itself. If you have all single items of a set - that's not a set and neither are Sub or Supersets. As a rule of thumb: If you have the set picture in your launcher, it will also show up as set in the room categories. If not, it won't

So basically you're better off making your own collections after all.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.36: Now more invasive than you!
« Reply #9 on: 2012 July 11, 12:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This feature is not really sinister or evil, far as I know. It's just a thing that happens to group your store sets. Not even sure it involves any online content at all: If it's purely offline, it's definitely not really evil or sinister. Maybe not HELPFUL, but not shady in and of itself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 July 11, 15:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Anach said. Since all of my stuff is decrapped, I don't even see the little box in my game.

There's probably a file somewhere that needs decrapping.

It does have to have some sort of online feature though, you only get collections of store sets you own. They also included CAS sets for some reason.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 11, 19:42:37 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2012 July 12, 05:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's probably a file somewhere that needs decrapping.

It does have to have some sort of online feature though, you only get collections of store sets you own. They also included CAS sets for some reason.

There is probably a file in the downloads folder with manifest of owned sets. If that is the case, it would make editing it for decrapified sets very difficult, as there is no where to get that information. Best to stick to standard collections, much easier.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 July 12, 13:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made collection files for all the store sets so far.  I should probably update my upload of those.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2012 July 14, 11:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made collection files for all the store sets so far.  I should probably update my upload of those.

Definitely!

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 July 14, 17:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Done.  On the first page of the Collections thread.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: