More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 09:32:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  MATY Neighbourhood update?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: MATY Neighbourhood update?  (Read 49375 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: MATY Neighbourhood update?
« Reply #100 on: 2005 December 13, 21:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, where to live.

This Starter

If I become rich and famous, Here

Ha! In my game you live in a house worth 700,000$, with 2 sport cars, a pool, etc...Smiley

[attachment deleted by admin]
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 December 13, 22:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal, I'm so impressed - you've done an amazing job.  Lips sealed 
Hegelian - your fantastic group photo is now my desktop wallpaper too. Thank you. Lips sealed
Regg, I love your houses and Emma's too.  They've sneaked their way into my game already.

Sandilou has two bolts with Phedge and one bolt with Hegelian, who was passing through the neighborhood (go figure). Sadly, when Sandilou tried to flirt with Hegelian, he resisted, the moron.

Just like real life!  Grin

The Matyville neighbourhood is my most desired Xmas present!  I'm really looking forward to downloading it when it eventually gets finished.  From what I can see so far, it really is worth the wait.

happy now :-)
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 December 13, 23:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use my sim me if you like its nothing to brag about. Smiley

Stick me in any kind of house you like, I like just one floor to lazy to walk steps.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 December 14, 00:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sandilou has two bolts with Phedge and one bolt with Hegelian, who was passing through the neighborhood (go figure). Sadly, when Sandilou tried to flirt with Hegelian, he resisted, the moron.

Just like real life!  Grin

You mean the moron part??   Cry

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 December 14, 00:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal, the neighborhood is gorgeous. You've done a great job.

If you have any need for a weird witch, you're of course welcome to Sagana (I'm just not a self-sim kind of person and haven't really been on maty long enough to belong in the neighborhood either.)

Unsouper
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 December 14, 00:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal, the neighborhood looks terrific.

Indeed it does. I particularly like the swim club.   Grin

I've whipped up a one-bedroom New England-style bungalow that would be perfect for recluses like Hegelian or
Bangelnuts
, and that doesn't look like a box on a foundation. Only §15,192 furnished; all Maxis except for Numenor's exterior lamp and a couple recolors of Maxis objects. I will send it along.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 December 14, 00:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the moron part??
  Just teasing!  

On a separate note, I'd like SimSandilou to start off in a trailer, preferably in the poorer area of Matyville.  I wanted to sow the seeds for a number of storylines...
...rags to riches...
...how to woohoo your way to the top...
...5 simple steps to marrying a rich elder whose only got 2 days left to live...

happy now :-)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 December 14, 01:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal, the neighborhood is gorgeous. You've done a great job.

If you have any need for a weird witch, you're of course welcome to Sagana (I'm just not a self-sim kind of person and haven't really been on maty long enough to belong in the neighborhood either.)

Heck, you came around just a couple of weeks after I did and I'm ballsy enough to put myself into the neighborhood. Well, maybe not ballsy.  Undecided Booby. I'm booby enough to put myself in the neighborhood.  Wink
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2005 December 14, 02:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely neighborhood!   Grin  I'm attempting to send a few Sims.  Maybe you could use my custom made Elrics and Severus Snape as townies or something.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2005 December 14, 14:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anything you are missing?  Army or other guys?, mid range homes?  decorative lots?  community lots?

Thank you so much for managing this whole project and doing a lot of the work.  I know it's going to be great!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 December 14, 15:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anything you are missing?  Army or other guys?, mid range homes?  decorative lots?  community lots?

Thank you so much for managing this whole project and doing a lot of the work.  I know it's going to be great!

Well, right now we have a bunch of female adult sims.  Send me men!  And for the neighborhood  Wink , we need more male sims and sims of any age except adult.  I have a bunch of lots right now (contributed by members and -ahem- borrowed from a couple of sites) that will handle low to mid-range housing. Right now, what would be good is any lots that are unusual in some way - decorative or themed - and "luxuary mansion" kind of houses. I'm still trying to fill in the area where the rich sims live.

Of course, if you were going to contribute your sim self and/or a lot that falls into the bargain range or is a female sim, please go ahead and do so. After all, this is the Maty neighborhood and I will incorporate anything that people want to contribute.

Also - using self-sims: last night I was going thru my emails and thru some of the posts looking for people's permission to use their self-sims. There are a lot of sims that have been uploaded here that I do not have the creator's explicit permission to use in the shared hood. Would it be ok for me to assume that if they uploaded their sim here that it's ok for me to incorporate them into the neighborhood or should I seek each creator's permission - what do you think?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 December 14, 15:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also - using self-sims: last night I was going thru my emails and thru some of the posts looking for people's permission to use their self-sims. There are a lot of sims that have been uploaded here that I do not have the creator's explicit permission to use in the shared hood. Would it be ok for me to assume that if they uploaded their sim here that it's ok for me to incorporate them into the neighborhood or should I seek each creator's permission - what do you think?

It's probably fine to use them for the MATY neighbourhood, since that's the reason people submitted them to the website.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 December 14, 15:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, mine was originally submitted at JM's request, as he wanted a toy peeing Brynne to torture, but, yes, you have my explicit permission to use me. Abuse me. Make me write bad checks. Whatever.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2005 December 14, 16:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found my Oralndo Bloom... do you want him? 

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 December 14, 16:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal, do you want townies, or just some random Sims to fill things out a bit? I could do either. Of course, with children and teens, they would need to be related to an adult. That's easily remedied with SimEnhancer and remedied a bit more complicatedly with SimPE.

I've been building so much, making some Sims would be a good buffer activity!
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 December 14, 17:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found my Oralndo Bloom... do you want him? 

Yes - more men!
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 December 14, 17:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmiecal, do you want townies, or just some random Sims to fill things out a bit? I could do either. Of course, with children and teens, they would need to be related to an adult. That's easily remedied with SimEnhancer and remedied a bit more complicatedly with SimPE.

I've been building so much, making some Sims would be a good buffer activity!

I really need townies, but I also plan on putting a lot of single sims into apartments. I think we need some single men for our self-sims to hook up with.  Wink
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 December 14, 17:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tonight I could create an elder male living with a teenage girl and an elder woman living with a teen male.  I will place both families in 2 different houses in a newly created neighborhood so there should not be any files coming with it.  I will upload them to the Sims 2 exhange and moved my downloads folder prior to do this so no custom stuff will come with it. The only problem right now is that I temporarely do not have access to internet right now but should on Saturday the 17th the latest.

Would that be useful Simmiecal?  If so, I could also create another couple of elders which are brothers and sisters and they live with their 2 grandchildren... (kids parents are dead you would need to play with it though if you wish since I have no idea how too create links of dead parents).
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 December 14, 17:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since my HD crash I have no DL so I will reinstall and just do some men and children.  Nothing to worry about tagging along because, now I have nothing.

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 December 14, 17:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really need townies, but I also plan on putting a lot of single sims into apartments. I think we need some single men for our self-sims to hook up with.  Wink

I have all the sims I've created sitting in Sims2Packs; I could send you some. Men, women, teens, & one male child. Lots of custom content,though; although with the Clean Installer you can uncheck anything you don't want and save the Sims2Pack with a different name (Helpful Hint #17—double-click the file but choose Save As... instead of Install).

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 December 14, 18:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tonight I could create an elder male living with a teenage girl and an elder woman living with a teen male.  I will place both families in 2 different houses in a newly created neighborhood so there should not be any files coming with it.  I will upload them to the Sims 2 exhange and moved my downloads folder prior to do this so no custom stuff will come with it. The only problem right now is that I temporarely do not have access to internet right now but should on Saturday the 17th the latest.

Would that be useful Simmiecal?  If so, I could also create another couple of elders which are brothers and sisters and they live with their 2 grandchildren... (kids parents are dead you would need to play with it though if you wish since I have no idea how too create links of dead parents).

No problem. I expect the housing to be completed later this week or early next week. I will probably take sims up until the end. The closer to the end, the less I'll have time to develop stories for them and they'll probably become townies.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 December 14, 18:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I could come up with a story for them if you wish, you could work around it but it would be a start.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2005 December 14, 20:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I'll be adding Orlando to my site in a few minutes. Actually he's up now.  You can get him at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dewshine_recolors_for_sims2/

Here's a preview pic:
The real Orlando Bloom:

And the sim Orlando Bloom:

Granted he needs that custom curled hair for men from MTS2...

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2005 December 14, 20:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*drools* Orlando looks yum dewshine Grin

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2005 December 14, 20:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin
Yeah, he turned out okay, huh?
I've tried my hand at a few other fellows, but then got stuck with Vin Diesel... took me a bloody year off and on to get him right. 
I might go back now to making a few other movie stars now. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: