More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:43:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780065 times)
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.31.2013)
« Reply #875 on: 2013 June 01, 12:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played with the fix1 on override (beside all others updated fix) and it work... the eggs are hatching and I have all interactions with the dragon.

I don't know what fix1 is. I consider the one you linked not proper because its nearly 30mb, when it doesn't need to be. It's just a waste when you could use a fix that is much smaller and actually fixes everything, not just the hatching.

I believe that I have not expressed clearly. I have used the latest update on page 1 that it has added blue "dragon", but eggs not have hatched. In addition I put Fix1 who is big, but the eggs are hatched with him and the interactions with the Dragon are normal.
So, with only the KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes does not work. Your advice is to replace the fix1 with DV_BabyDragon_Fixes, if I understand well but in addition to KT.

The words are the soul image
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2013 June 01, 12:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, at this point, you only need DV_BabyDragon_Fixes and KT's fix.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2013 June 01, 12:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally something really clear...  Roll Eyes

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2013 June 01, 12:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally something really clear...  Roll Eyes

Yeah, I think we had lost in translation problems. Just put DV_BabyDragon_Fixes in a folder with higher priority than KT's fix to make sure everything works properly.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2013 June 01, 13:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally something really clear...  Roll Eyes

Yeah, I think we had lost in translation problems. Just put DV_BabyDragon_Fixes in a folder with higher priority than KT's fix to make sure everything works properly.

Ups! Another problem... KT's fix are in the overrides (resource priority 1000). Not a problem to make another folder... but what new value to make on resource file?
for packages I have 500 and for overrides I have 1000... give me other 3 value to change the resource file.

Edit: Dashboard tell me that is a conflict between latest KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes and DV_BabyDragon_Fixes.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 01, 14:23:04 by phoenixc » Logged

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2013 June 01, 14:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ups! Another problem... KT's fix are in the overrides (resource priority 1000). Not a problem to make another folder... but what new value to make on resource file?
for packages I have 500 and for overrides I have 1000... give me other 3 value to change the resource file.

Edit: Dashboard tell me that is a conflict between latest KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes and DV_BabyDragon_Fixes.

Make a temp folder with priority 900 and put KT's fixes in it. Dashboard will detect a conflict because KT's fixes have some files found in DV_BabyDragon_Fixes. It doesn't matter as long as the DV_BabyDragon_Fixes has a higher priority (more info).
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2013 June 01, 15:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make a temp folder with priority 900 and put KT's fixes in it. Dashboard will detect a conflict because KT's fixes have some files found in DV_BabyDragon_Fixes. It doesn't matter as long as the DV_BabyDragon_Fixes has a higher priority (more info).

Beeeee!!!!!
Sorry for my English. I'm not a native English speaker.

Edit: I did it and it works.
« Last Edit: 2013 June 01, 17:09:23 by phoenixc » Logged

charmedjosh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2013 June 01, 18:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Violin Skill working as intended?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2013 June 01, 19:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the updated files for the fixes...Has anyone else noticed that playing the violin does not create the enjoying music moodlet?

I also noticed that the skill bar for violin only appears if you either cancel the action or gain a level. 'points it out' It's probably just me though. Delphy says I have no conflicts...

I too am experiencing this problem. Does the notouching violin fix actually fix these issues? From what I understood all we need are the KT fixes and notouching's baby dragon egg fix. We can disregard every other fix she posted in this thread, correct? All the Dragon Valley and venue stuff work fine for me, btw. I placed the lot without any problems and all the objects showed up as they should. The grill works, the violin and archery objects have their accessories, the dragon eggs are hatching just fine (although I do have an extra egg in buy mode) and I'm getting all the moodlets and benefits from the dragons as I'm supposed to.

It's only the skill bar of the violin is wonky and I don't get the right moodlet for it for some odd reason. On another random note, I have no idea how to get rid of the dragons. If I wasn't such an "F" I would have just experimented with letting them starve to death. You can't sell them nor put them on the floor on a community lot. And to think that I was worried some random sim would steal my winged friend, turns out I can't get rid of them.  Undecided

ETA: disregard the moodlet thing. I obviously can't read.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2013 June 01, 20:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing wrong with the violin skill, aside from missing icons which are part of KT's fix now. The reason the skill bar only shows up briefly is because that's how the violin is coded. It does not calculate the skill gain continuously. When your sim finishes playing the violin (whether you cancel the interaction, or it just finished), it will calculate how long the sim was playing, and based on that, it will determine the number of skill points the sim should gain.

Yes, currently the only fix from me that's needed is the dragon fix.

Edit: virgali, you can use NRaas DebugEnabler/AM to delete the dragons.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2013 June 01, 22:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be better now, thank you all for your feedback and help. I didn't have time to actually test the dragons out yet. Everything else does work though, except for the violin skill bar, you do gain skill even though you don't see it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
coolkips
Asinine Airhead

MATY is the BEST

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2013 June 02, 02:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be better now, thank you all for your feedback and help. I didn't have time to actually test the dragons out yet. Everything else does work though, except for the violin skill bar, you do gain skill even though you don't see it.
So, is all things updated on first post?  Huh
KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes & CCMerged

Roll Eyes

_____________ 0,0 Always happy, keep trying & do the rest 0,0 _____________
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2013 June 02, 05:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is all things updated on first post?  Huh
KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes & CCMerged

Roll Eyes

Yes, tested...

Ange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2013 June 02, 09:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the violin, I'm experiencing a strange glitch : the 6 first compositions arent' available ! (see AznSensei's list)
I tried to remove my CC, start a whole new DV, etc. : NO WAY !

Does anyone here have the same problem ?
Maybe it's related to the french version of the game ... Cry
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2013 June 02, 17:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the violin, I'm experiencing a strange glitch : the 6 first compositions arent' available ! (see AznSensei's list)

Yes.  I have the American version.
Ange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2013 June 02, 17:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  I have the American version.
OK thanks, I hope that KT'll be able to fix that too ^^
*fingers crossed*
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2013 June 03, 10:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Edit: link removed]
« Last Edit: 2013 June 03, 19:52:54 by notouching » Logged
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2013 June 03, 15:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to ask, how do we set the priority level of a folder? I have Windows 7. I have looked and even googled for an answer and so far cannot find any option to set a priority level for folders.

I have the latest cc merged from post 1 and the DV dragon fix and the eggs still are not hatching.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 2013 June 03, 16:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to ask, how do we set the priority level of a folder? I have Windows 7. I have looked and even googled for an answer and so far cannot find any option to set a priority level for folders.

I have the latest cc merged from post 1 and the DV dragon fix and the eggs still are not hatching.

Your framework, from here or MTS, should have come with an overrides folder and a resource.cfg file, that's what sets the priority. The one I have has different priorities for different folders in your mod folder, like a test, probation, or an overrides folder. I just checked mine and it hatched, if you hover over the egg it should have a countdown.

Ange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2013 June 03, 16:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Play Composition fix: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php/topic,1978.0.html

This issue was caused by the way the store team coded the interaction.
I just tried it ... the Sims with a less than 6 points in Violin can't play anymore.
DAMN STORE ITEMS !
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2013 June 03, 19:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's beginning to look like it was EA's intention that the user only has 8 choices. The rest of the "compositions" appear to be more like a learning curve for your sim, rather than actual compositions.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2013 June 03, 19:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your framework, from here or MTS, should have come with an overrides folder and a resource.cfg file, that's what sets the priority. The one I have has different priorities for different folders in your mod folder, like a test, probation, or an overrides folder. I just checked mine and it hatched, if you hover over the egg it should have a countdown.

I get the countdowns and the notice that it is time to hatch, and then the count goes to zero and nothing happens.
I have my Mods folder, with the packages folder and overrides folder and the resource file inside it. I put the DV dragon fix in the overrides. I have tried the cc merged in both the dc backup and in the packages. So far, no hatching.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2013 June 03, 19:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the countdowns and the notice that it is time to hatch, and then the count goes to zero and nothing happens.
I have my Mods folder, with the packages folder and overrides folder and the resource file inside it. I put the DV dragon fix in the overrides. I have tried the cc merged in both the dc backup and in the packages. So far, no hatching.

You no longer need dv dragon fix, it's integrated in the decrap fix now, which you should also need to update as I had stuff in there that wasn't needed.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2013 June 03, 19:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's beginning to look like it was EA's intention that the user only has 8 choices. The rest of the "compositions" appear to be more like a learning curve for your sim, rather than actual compositions.

Confirmation from EA that there are only 5 compositions for the violin: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/682018.page#10879852
Ange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 2013 June 03, 20:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmation from EA that there are only 5 compositions for the violin: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/682018.page#10879852
Yeah I know, I'm the "Angeuh" who post a message after Quadeah.

I bet the Store's Team did something wrong (again) and that they're trying to cover it up with bullshit !
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: