More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:58:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780198 times)
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.14.2013)
« Reply #800 on: 2013 March 21, 00:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I let the Launcher download the latest store patch.  Now, I haven't tried everything; but even without decrapping the patch, the conflict between the cauldron and spellbook seems to be fixed.  Maybe you guys can try downloading the patch from the Launcher?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.07.2013)
« Reply #801 on: 2013 March 21, 04:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have various other "blank" icons in CAS that then have missing meshes when put on the sim
I don't know if it has the same cause, but I am having this problem too, as well as duplicate icons where one item works, and the other has a missing mesh. Been messing around with this in a clean mods folder today, and discovered it's caused by the content patch I downloaded here. I don't decrap my stuff, just run it through s3rc and install as packages with Delphy's multi installer and I have all EPs & SPs, patched to 1.50. I've tried installing the content patch in both overrides and the content patch folder and still have the same problem, and the same thing with re-downloading the patch to make sure I had the most recent one. One interesting thing is that running the dashboard tool while the patch is in the packages folder doesn't show a conflict with the store CAS items, even though I opened up both in s3pe and saw that there were CASP files with the same instance number. Is it possible that a decrapped version of the content patch got uploaded on accident? Not sure if that's something that could even cause this, but it's driving me crazy trying to dress sims with this mess in my CAS. I'm really at a loss and am hoping there's not something incredibly obvious that I missed that's causing this.

I appear to be having the same problem as well...I'll mess with things when I get a chance and see if I can figure anything out.

Just how critical is the store content patch, anyway?  I got along without it for some time, but I also don't put my game through its paces to the extent that a lot of y'all do.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 21, 04:32:12 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Melanija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2013 March 21, 05:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The content patch I provide is decrapped.
Ah, so that is it. Do you have any plans to upload a non-decrapped version? Also, you might want to change the description to say something other than "Decrap if necessary", as it's quite misleading.
Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: 2013 March 22, 04:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have various other "blank" icons in CAS that then have missing meshes when put on the sim
I don't know if it has the same cause, but I am having this problem too, as well as duplicate icons where one item works, and the other has a missing mesh. Been messing around with this in a clean mods folder today, and discovered it's caused by the content patch I downloaded here. I don't decrap my stuff, just run it through s3rc and install as packages with Delphy's multi installer and I have all EPs & SPs, patched to 1.50. I've tried installing the content patch in both overrides and the content patch folder and still have the same problem, and the same thing with re-downloading the patch to make sure I had the most recent one. One interesting thing is that running the dashboard tool while the patch is in the packages folder doesn't show a conflict with the store CAS items, even though I opened up both in s3pe and saw that there were CASP files with the same instance number. Is it possible that a decrapped version of the content patch got uploaded on accident? Not sure if that's something that could even cause this, but it's driving me crazy trying to dress sims with this mess in my CAS. I'm really at a loss and am hoping there's not something incredibly obvious that I missed that's causing this.

All you have to do, is disable custom content go into your game, and enable custom content when you open the game again, then the missing meshes and items will show up.

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2013 March 22, 21:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the three Store guitars I have that have been set to be electric instead of acoustic if anyone else wants them. I've tested them in my game now and they all seem to work fine.

* MM_VineMeUp_Electric.package (0.28 KB - downloaded 420 times.)
* MM_SizzlinStrings_Electric.package (0.28 KB - downloaded 430 times.)
* MM_MacSymverGuitar_Electric.package (0.28 KB - downloaded 429 times.)
Zoan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2013 March 30, 14:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appear to be having the same problem as well...I'll mess with things when I get a chance and see if I can figure anything out.

Just how critical is the store content patch, anyway?  I got along without it for some time, but I also don't put my game through its paces to the extent that a lot of y'all do.

Were you able to figure anything out? Im having this problem as well. When I install the Content Patch, I get duplicate non-working copies of tons of objects showing up in my Buy Mode. Like right next to the right item, there will be a copy with the exact same icon, or an icon missing. You can click on it but you cant place it or anything as only 1 copy works. I have tried putting the patch with Awesome folder, overrides folder, mods folder. The same thing happens no matter where. I even tried installing the patch through the launcher and the same thing still happens...

** Update. NVM I was able to get it fixed by just installing patch through the launcher. I previously forgot to take your decrapped one out of overrides like a dumbass after installing through launcher.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 30, 14:35:49 by Zoan » Logged
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2013 April 05, 03:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to confirm what Tia said in another thread - the chicken coop needs a fix. You can't see the chickens come out on the top. Including Charlie.  When KT has time, or someone here with the knowledge, will have to fix this.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2013 April 05, 22:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to confirm what Tia said in another thread - the chicken coop needs a fix. You can't see the chickens come out on the top. Including Charlie.  When KT has time, or someone here with the knowledge, will have to fix this.

Edit: Deleted get the updated KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes in the first post.
« Last Edit: 2013 April 19, 07:36:17 by Havelock » Logged
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2013 April 05, 23:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works now - thanks for the fix.  It was crazy seeing your sim talk to invisible chickens.
snowflakeinhell
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 2013 April 06, 00:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix works great, except the feed bag is missing when you go to feed the chickens.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2013 April 06, 04:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that too.  I wonder if you're suppose to see the feed bag when your sim feeds them?  Edit: Nevermind, your sim is suppose to have a visible bag of feed.  I just saw a picture of the coop at the Store.  The picture showed a boy feeding the chickens and he had a bag of feed in his hands.
« Last Edit: 2013 April 06, 05:00:12 by jaldeer » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2013 April 06, 07:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that too.  I wonder if you're suppose to see the feed bag when your sim feeds them?  Edit: Nevermind, your sim is suppose to have a visible bag of feed.  I just saw a picture of the coop at the Store.  The picture showed a boy feeding the chickens and he had a bag of feed in his hands.

Fixed redownload.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2013 April 06, 08:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works - thanks for fixing it.
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: 2013 April 07, 14:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question but do the buffs need to be fixed? Because they are not working for me.

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2013 April 07, 16:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use notouching's fix for those found here: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #815 on: 2013 April 07, 22:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah that okay that works thanks.

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
coolkips
Asinine Airhead

MATY is the BEST

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2013 April 10, 00:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we need to use both StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package by Havelock and then ccmerged.package by Nona Mena?

Is it right guys?  Grin

Thanks.

_____________ 0,0 Always happy, keep trying & do the rest 0,0 _____________
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2013 April 11, 06:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chicken coop is EVIL. It hates the other PC items.
Everything (moodlets, animations) was working fine before I installed it, but then I realized that Multi-Tab wasn't working properly. After a series of successive tests, I realized that nothing other than the chicken coop was even receiving moodlets. 
Get this: I took out the StoreFix file AND the CCMerged file, and the vile chicken coop still functions! The feed bag should be gone! The chicken talking to you should be gone! What the heck?
But lo, once CCMerged and the StoreFix are put back (and once the chicken coop is terminated), everything else begins to work again!

Has anyone else had similar results? I've got about twelve different saves concerning booming chicken farms, so I am feeling the loss rather keenly.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2013 April 11, 10:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chicken coop is EVIL. It hates the other PC items.
Everything (moodlets, animations) was working fine before I installed it, but then I realized that Multi-Tab wasn't working properly. After a series of successive tests, I realized that nothing other than the chicken coop was even receiving moodlets. 
Get this: I took out the StoreFix file AND the CCMerged file, and the vile chicken coop still functions! The feed bag should be gone! The chicken talking to you should be gone! What the heck?
But lo, once CCMerged and the StoreFix are put back (and once the chicken coop is terminated), everything else begins to work again!

Has anyone else had similar results? I've got about twelve different saves concerning booming chicken farms, so I am feeling the loss rather keenly.

I just checked and all the moodlets are working fine for the rest of my premium content including the chicken coop. Did you remember to delete the cache files after you removed it? I've found that if I don't do that accessories and moodlets will work when technically they shouldn't.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2013 April 12, 01:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sure did! But I found out that the guilty PC content is not the Chicken Coop. The blame belongs to both the Pea Shooter and to the University Party Statue.

Here are the tests that I have been running:

PC Items Used to Obtain Test Results: Voodoo Doll, Tree of Prosperity, Multi-Tablet, and Weird Dancing Sunflower Thing...

Load Up 1: New DBC File consisting of Farm Decor + University Incentive Packs + Pea Shooter + Decades Stuff Pinball Machine +Chicken Coop PC
Result: No Moodlets for Any of the Tested PC

Load Up 2: New DBC File consisting of Farm Decor + University Incentive Packs + Pea Shooter + Decades Stuff Pinball Machine

Load Up 3: New DBC File consisting of Farm Decor + University Incentive Packs + Decades Stuff Pinball Machine

Load Up 4: New DBC File consisting of Farm Decor + University Incentive Packs

Load Up 5: Separated Chicken Coop Files (Feed Bag, Rare Eggs, Chicken Model, Coop, Baby Chick) +Standalone Pea Shooter + Standalone Decades Stuff Pinball Machine

Load Up 6: Separated Chicken Coop Files (Feed Bag, Rare Eggs, Chicken Model, Coop, Baby Chick)
Result: Huzzah! Moodlets for all!

Load Up 7: Separated Chicken Coop Files (Feed Bag, Rare Eggs, Chicken Model, Coop, Baby Chick) +Standalone Pea Shooter

Now, it would seem as though the Pea Shooter were the guilty party. Yet on Load Ups 3 & 4, the Pea Shooter was out and there were still no moodlets for the tested PC.  Undecided

This calls for more testing!

Load Up 8: Separated Chicken Coop Files (Feed Bag, Rare Eggs, Chicken Model, Coop, Baby Chick) +Standalone Decades Stuff Pinball  Machine

Load Up 9: just the Standalone Pea Shooter

Load Up 10: just the Standalone Decades Stuff Pinball Machine

Load Up 11: Standalone Pea Shooter + Standalone Decades Stuff Pinball Machine
Result:  No Moodlets for Any of the Test PC—surprise, surprise. Roll Eyes

New idea:

Load Up 12 New DBC File consisting of Farm Decor + University Incentive Packs + Separated Chicken Coop Files (Feed Bag, Rare Eggs, Chicken Model, Coop, Baby Chick)  + Standalone Decades Stuff Pinball Machine (NO University Party Statue)
Result: Huzzah! Moodlets for All!

Load Up 13: New DBC File consisting of Farm Decor + University Incentive Packs + Separated Chicken Coop Files (Feed Bag, Rare Eggs, Chicken Model, Coop, Baby Chick)  + Standalone Decades Stuff Pinball Machine + University Party Statue
Result: No Moodlets for Any of the Test PC

CONCLUSION: The Chicken Coop is NOT evil. The Pea Shooter and the University Party Statue are!

The only thing that the Pea Shooter and the University Party Statue have in common is that they are both preorder Premium Content. Would that somehow make them exceptional compared to the normal $tore-regulated PC?
Any advice is welcome.
« Last Edit: 2013 April 12, 03:26:42 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2013 April 12, 08:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not have these problems. Are you using a mix of Launcher installed content and package files? If so, put the ccmerged.package in your overrides folder. Also, make sure you are using an updated ccmerged. You can get one here: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/ccmerged/

One more thing, make sure you aren't using any out of date mod that alters store content moodlets, or some out of date premium content fix.
coolkips
Asinine Airhead

MATY is the BEST

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2013 April 12, 10:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not have these problems. Are you using a mix of Launcher installed content and package files? If so, put the ccmerged.package in your overrides folder. Also, make sure you are using an updated ccmerged. You can get one here: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/ccmerged/

One more thing, make sure you aren't using any out of date mod that alters store content moodlets, or some out of date premium content fix.
Is it something happen with Kissing Toast so he still waiting for releasing new fix?

And about Havelock DecrapFix, the size is bigger than usual? Any reason? Thanks

_____________ 0,0 Always happy, keep trying & do the rest 0,0 _____________
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 2013 April 12, 12:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it something happen with Kissing Toast so he still waiting for releasing new fix?

KT is probably busy, which is why he hasn't updated.

I took a look at Havelock's Fix, which I had not yet downloaded because I was lazy. As it turns out, his fix is much larger than KT's because he has many empty STBLs in it. I do not know why those STBLs are there, but they should not be there. If the empty STBLs are actually Store STBLs that might explain the missing moodlets. Moodlets that do not have proper localization do not show up in game.

Edit: I looked a bit closer at Havelock's package because I had some more spare time and saw that the reason the package is so big is because he included a lot of unnecessary resources that KT normally omits.
« Last Edit: 2013 April 12, 13:58:53 by notouching » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2013 April 12, 14:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT is probably busy, which is why he hasn't updated.

I took a look at Havelock's Fix, which I had not yet downloaded because I was lazy. As it turns out, his fix is much larger than KT's because he has many empty STBLs in it. I do not know why those STBLs are there, but they should not be there. If the empty STBLs are actually Store STBLs that might explain the missing moodlets. Moodlets that do not have proper localization do not show up in game.

Edit: I looked a bit closer at Havelock's package because I had some more spare time and saw that the reason the package is so big is because he included a lot of unnecessary resources that KT normally omits.

The STBL are for the new accessorys i added. The chickens and the foodbag, the empty one are from the bag and have nothing to do with moodlets.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2013 April 12, 16:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still here, I'm just busy with school.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: