More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 17:52:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1787494 times)
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 01.10.2013)
« Reply #700 on: 2013 January 16, 22:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL - I was thinking you were suppose to attach a fix.  Thanks for the fix.  I'll try that.  Edit: Thanks for the fix, but, it didn't work.  I put it in the overrides like you said, and neither Monte Vista hair showed up.  I even put it in Mods/Packages just to see, and that didn't work either.  I don't know why your fix didn't work, unless I did something wrong (I wouldn't know what that would be though).
« Last Edit: 2013 January 17, 06:03:01 by jaldeer » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2013 January 18, 05:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL - I was thinking you were suppose to attach a fix.  Thanks for the fix.  I'll try that.  Edit: Thanks for the fix, but, it didn't work.  I put it in the overrides like you said, and neither Monte Vista hair showed up.  I even put it in Mods/Packages just to see, and that didn't work either.  I don't know why your fix didn't work, unless I did something wrong (I wouldn't know what that would be though).

That's OK. It was more of a hunch than a fix really. Figured it was worth a shot.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Occasionally
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2013 January 18, 14:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...  Did you delete all the cache files after putting in the fix? Could make a difference maybe?

Even a broken clock gets to be right twice a day.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2013 January 18, 17:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...  Did you delete all the cache files after putting in the fix? Could make a difference maybe?

I'm sure it's good advice to delete the cache files, and I'm not directing this specifically to you Occasionally, but I really don't think it matters. I've hardly ever remembered to delete my cache files while testing/making mods or anything else inbetween takes.

Occasionally
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2013 January 19, 01:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it's good advice to delete the cache files, and I'm not directing this specifically to you Occasionally, but I really don't think it matters. I've hardly ever remembered to delete my cache files while testing/making mods or anything else inbetween takes.
Right, understood... It may not make any difference with hairs that are missing altogether, but I find that clearing the cache files does affect what I see in the in-game catalog; especially when I'm testing new objects as package files.  Just thought it couldn't hurt to give it a try! :-)

Even a broken clock gets to be right twice a day.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2013 January 19, 23:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, I liked your Frank N Furter sim avatar! How are we gonna do the time warp now? Sad
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2013 January 20, 00:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, I liked your Frank N Furter sim avatar! How are we gonna do the time warp now? Sad

You too can have your own Frank N Furter!

http://omegassims3stuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/dr-frank-n-furter.html

(Only while supplies last. Limits and restrictions apply. See full post for more details.)

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2013 January 20, 00:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You too can have your own Frank N Furter!

http://omegassims3stuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/dr-frank-n-furter.html

(Only while supplies last. Limits and restrictions apply. See full post for more details.)
I can haz? Grin Baa
He'll be a feared inventor and shall be avenged for his avatar replacement. Sunset Valley will burn for this outrage!
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2013 January 23, 06:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, don't know if this would work for your fix or not, but, I managed to find a site that converted that La Dolce Vita Updo (the female hair that came with Monte Vista) for download as a package without having to have Monte Vista (I have know idea how she did it since I've never done that).  She had the other hair, the Tuscan Hat, but, didn't post it because of a problem with the hat.  I don't know if it would be possible to use her package of the hair to make the "legal" one show up (would be nice to have the Tuscan Hat back too).   EA is suppose to be working on a fix.  I hope they get it out this week.  If you can't no big deal.  If you can, I can upload that hair or you can go to the site and download it (Simmer Store).  This is just a thought.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2013 January 23, 17:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, don't know if this would work for your fix or not, but, I managed to find a site that converted that La Dolce Vita Updo (the female hair that came with Monte Vista) for download as a package without having to have Monte Vista (I have know idea how she did it since I've never done that).  She had the other hair, the Tuscan Hat, but, didn't post it because of a problem with the hat.  I don't know if it would be possible to use her package of the hair to make the "legal" one show up (would be nice to have the Tuscan Hat back too).   EA is suppose to be working on a fix.  I hope they get it out this week.  If you can't no big deal.  If you can, I can upload that hair or you can go to the site and download it (Simmer Store).  This is just a thought.

I could easily make versions that don't require MV, if that's what you want? They won't be overrides but intirely new objects.

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2013 January 23, 21:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great if you could do that for me.  At this point, it doesn't matter they wouldn't be overrides.  I can easily put those hairs back on the Monte Vista sims in the households.  Edit:  I was on that Simmer Store site, and she says the Tuscan Hat is fine, and she won't be posting it since she thinks it's ugly.  That was a different hat I saw on her site.  I think that's stupid.  She must be a kid.  But, that's ok since you said you could do that for me.
« Last Edit: 2013 January 23, 23:05:18 by jaldeer » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2013 January 24, 06:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the MV hairs as new objects. Shouldn't require MV. I changed some of the categories around, removed random, and included the elder versions with proper thumbnails, there originally was no male elder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3tecda39qoqf12p

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2013 January 24, 08:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much.  You're awesome.  Having them this way is better than not having them at all.  Now all I do is put these hairs back on whoever had them on in Monte Vista.  Someday EA might acutally fix this.  I know others reported other clothes & hair disappearing due to that patch.  For me it was just these 2 hairs.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2013 January 24, 15:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much.  You're awesome.  Having them this way is better than not having them at all.  Now all I do is put these hairs back on whoever had them on in Monte Vista.  Someday EA might acutally fix this.  I know others reported other clothes & hair disappearing due to that patch.  For me it was just these 2 hairs.

No problem, you contribute a lot to the store downloads thread so you deserve it. Gotta contribute myself in anyway I can. I haven't seen anyone here complain about those other hairs and they're still in my game as well, so I'll deal with that one when I have to.

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2013 January 27, 09:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KT, a little info on that missing roof, which if anybody patched to 1.47 and they have the Pets Ep, it'll be missing.  I would have not noticed for a while if I didn't happen to read on it and check for myself.  The missing roof is from Pets, the name is Standing Seam Roof and it does have the same pattern as the Corrugated Metal Roof.  Appaloosa Plains has a total of 8 lots that use that roof plus the Verona County Fire Department and the Equestrian Regional Training Grounds that are in the Library when you install Pets.   I know this because I installed on another computer just the base game (I didn't install Origin), patched to 1.42 using the Super Patch, installed Pets, and went to Appaloosa Plains.  I had not known that you couldn't recolor or upload a roof.  I did all that to look at the color of the roof or seeing if I could upload it.  That's when I found out you can't recolor roofs.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2013 January 29, 01:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Happily Ever Frosted wedding cake that came with Monte Vista does not have any actual cake on the plates, nor does it actually reduce in size as people take pieces of it, not sure if this is a fault on EA or if something happened in the decrap process.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2013 January 29, 16:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Happily Ever Frosted wedding cake that came with Monte Vista does not have any actual cake on the plates, nor does it actually reduce in size as people take pieces of it, not sure if this is a fault on EA or if something happened in the decrap process.

Known issue that appears to be a problem with the actual scripting of the cake. It's not related to decrapping, unfortunately. Otherwise it would be an easy fix.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2013 January 29, 16:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I browse the BBS every so often and I believe this issue hasn't even been acknowledged by EA yet.

Known issue that appears to be a problem with the actual scripting of the cake. It's not related to decrapping, unfortunately. Otherwise it would be an easy fix.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 01.29.2013)
« Reply #718 on: 2013 January 29, 19:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated the OP. Added a new package of optional stuff that may or may not get fixed eventually. One of the newer patches "hid" the two Monte Vista hairs for people with official copies. As well as the same for a roof pattern from the Pets patch, which should be missing for everyone that keeps patched. If these ever gets fixed than just delete them.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2013 January 31, 04:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated the OP. Added a new package of optional stuff that may or may not get fixed eventually. One of the newer patches "hid" the two Monte Vista hairs for people with official copies. As well as the same for a roof pattern from the Pets patch, which should be missing for everyone that keeps patched. If these ever gets fixed than just delete them.

Should the hair be decrapified or are they clones?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2013 January 31, 06:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should the hair be decrapified or are they clones?

Clones, no decrap needed.

TeMochkiN
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2013 February 10, 10:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, what means "unCAStables", "CAStable" and "No acc."?
« Last Edit: 2013 February 10, 11:20:12 by TeMochkiN » Logged

Sorry for my English Smiley
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2013 February 10, 13:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, what means "unCAStables", "CAStable" and "No acc."?

"UnCAStable" means the Create-a-Style tool doesn't work with that particular item.  "No acc." means "no accessory," which means that the little graphic items Sims pull out of buttspace while using an object (like the cauldron stirrer, or the chips and cards with the blackjack table) don't display properly.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2013 February 13, 21:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new store patch, which is supposed to fix the MV wedding cake and hair.  We'll see.

Also:  Have you supported your friendly, neighborhood MATY yet?  THERE'S ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF LEFT.  SUPPORT THE MUNICIPALITY!

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2013 February 13, 22:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new store patch, which is supposed to fix the MV wedding cake and hair.  We'll see.

Also:  Have you supported your friendly, neighborhood MATY yet?  THERE'S ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF LEFT.  SUPPORT THE MUNICIPALITY!

It fixed my wedding cake, I was never missing the hairs.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: