More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:44:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780103 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.15.2012)
« Reply #550 on: 2012 November 20, 18:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. In the original release of Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set the teen dress was missing stencils, in the fixed release they broke the chair. The update ensures that no matter which release you have installed both items work.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2012 November 20, 18:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. In the original release of Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set the teen dress was missing stencils, in the fixed release they broke the chair. The update ensures that no matter which release you have installed both items work.

Mucho baaa to you KT. You forgot to update the date of your post though, it still says the 15th.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
beansontoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2012 November 20, 19:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I finally managed to get a right-shaped cutout for the greenhouse roofs themselves so you don't have to mess about with the invisible rugs (available now at my site).  Would be interested to know where the snow piles up using those instead.

Snow does not seem to pile on them and they get frosted over.  The plants inside go dormant, which could be due to the missing wall sections.
gehenna
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2012 November 20, 19:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi guys!

Your fixes are always awesome, ofc!
This is the first time that one of your fixes didn't work 100%.. more like 98%

My problem is with the Sunflower in the Greenhouse DL. I installed them as .package files, and applied your fixes as usual.

Whenever the flower lets out sunligt fertilizer I get the stupid white blocks with the "missing object resource instance..." errorcode.

I tried to install the sim3pack instead and moved the fixes around as in your manual but still the same shit.

Everything that I have in my .package files is up to date and I really don't know what else to do.

Anybody? Huh

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.20.2012)
« Reply #554 on: 2012 November 21, 02:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. Added new store patch.

zsusensei
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2012 November 21, 04:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hy hello!
I love your work! Fantastyc!! BUt !
The spell book (Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o 'Spells) wont work. If you can  fix the problem please do it as soon as possible!
Thanks  Smiley
coolkips
Asinine Airhead

MATY is the BEST

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2012 November 21, 04:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you gimme more detail explanation about "If you use this patch instead of the one the game generates I would suggest putting this in an overrides folder or in the program files mod folder with Awesomemod. Decrap if necessary."

Sorry about noob question...

Where is the overrides folder location? Where I could get Awesomemod? Which one is recommended? Using this ContentPatch or use directly Store Update v2 from Launcher?

Thanks

_____________ 0,0 Always happy, keep trying & do the rest 0,0 _____________
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2012 November 21, 05:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you gimme more detail explanation about "If you use this patch instead of the one the game generates I would suggest putting this in an overrides folder or in the program files mod folder with Awesomemod. Decrap if necessary."

Sorry about noob question...

Where is the overrides folder location? Where I could get Awesomemod? Which one is recommended? Using this ContentPatch or use directly Store Update v2 from Launcher?

Thanks

Why are you even considering using a mod if you don't know what/where your overides folder is?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
coolkips
Asinine Airhead

MATY is the BEST

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2012 November 21, 06:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you even considering using a mod if you don't know what/where your overides folder is?
Because I starting to use it, from the first time. Start to play the Sims...

So, nee some help with details... Thanks in advanced. CMIIW

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2012 November 21, 07:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do not understand the basics of adding custom content and mods to your game, I suggest that you consider not using awesome mod.

No RLY.

If you simply must, go check out the MTS page they have on how to work CC and packages for how to get the folders going. If you don't know what to do now or how to get to the mod the sims page that explains this, don't mod your game.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
coolkips
Asinine Airhead

MATY is the BEST

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2012 November 21, 07:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do not understand the basics of adding custom content and mods to your game, I suggest that you consider not using awesome mod.

No RLY.

If you simply must, go check out the MTS page they have on how to work CC and packages for how to get the folders going. If you don't know what to do now or how to get to the mod the sims page that explains this, don't mod your game.

FYI I already used some MOD (the simple one), and I know about "How to use CC and packages".
But seem this vocab is new for me... overrides folder and awesomemod.

I posting here to get fixes of store contents... and already used this KT Store Fixes before... BUT... again, today I notice that annoucement that I post above.... mention about Store Patch v2.0...

Then I asked to KT...  which one is recommended... using the Launcher update or using KT Store Patch.... then I wanna know more about overrides folder...

Please... just answering my question... Don't ask why I asking that...

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2012 November 21, 17:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hy hello!
I love your work! Fantastyc!! BUt !
The spell book (Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o 'Spells) wont work. If you can  fix the problem please do it as soon as possible!
Thanks  Smiley

The book worked fine the last time I tried it. Either it's a problem stemming from the most recent store patch, or you're doing something wrong.

MATY isn't a place for beginners. If you're not familiar with how to use the Overrides folder or what Awesomemod is, take Grimma's advice and check out MTS. Google is your friend.

I sing along with elevator music.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2012 November 22, 09:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI I already used some MOD (the simple one), and I know about "How to use CC and packages".
But seem this vocab is new for me... overrides folder and awesomemod.

I posting here to get fixes of store contents... and already used this KT Store Fixes before... BUT... again, today I notice that annoucement that I post above.... mention about Store Patch v2.0...

Then I asked to KT...  which one is recommended... using the Launcher update or using KT Store Patch.... then I wanna know more about overrides folder...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sims+3+overrides+folder
You're welcome.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2012 November 22, 18:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I use .packages MOST of my store content is seen by the game as unofficial CC (with a "*" icon rather than a store content icon) as it's not installed via the launcher, and not in Sims3Pack form. So do you know if installing the patch through the launcher will be effective or should I use your contentpatch.package instead?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2012 November 22, 19:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I use .packages MOST of my store content is seen by the game as unofficial CC (with a "*" icon rather than a store content icon) as it's not installed via the launcher, and not in Sims3Pack form. So do you know if installing the patch through the launcher will be effective or should I use your contentpatch.package instead?

The one I have posted is only because some people had issues with the launcher asking every time for the patch. It's the same as the one the launcher gives. It's really only a matter of decrapped or not rather than how it's installed. You get the cc icon because they're in your mods folder, but they're the same as vanilla sims3packs.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: 2012 November 23, 01:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just put the store patch (decrapped) in my Overrides folder, and it seems to be causing empty spaces in my Buy catalog which can be clicked and have a price listed, but there's no object or description.  I assume these are store items I don't have.  Is this an expected behavior or a cause for concern?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2012 November 23, 06:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just put the store patch (decrapped) in my Overrides folder, and it seems to be causing empty spaces in my Buy catalog which can be clicked and have a price listed, but there's no object or description.  I assume these are store items I don't have.  Is this an expected behavior or a cause for concern?

Did you need the store patch? It's only for those people who's store patches won't "stick" which requires us to update it every time or for those people that keep getting prompted to download the patch over and over when it's already been installed. The store patch doesn't need to be decrappified. It doesn't go in your Overrides folder either. It should go into the "content patch" folder in The Sims 3 folder.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2012 November 23, 08:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would guess those are just items you don't have installed. The new patch changes a lot of fences and windows. They won't cause any harm, it's essentially just the main part of the object with none of the filling. 

coolkips
Asinine Airhead

MATY is the BEST

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2012 November 23, 16:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one is recommended... using the Launcher to update Store Patch 2.0 or using KT Store Patch?

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: 2012 November 23, 17:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you need the store patch? It's only for those people who's store patches won't "stick" which requires us to update it every time or for those people that keep getting prompted to download the patch over and over when it's already been installed. The store patch doesn't need to be decrappified. It doesn't go in your Overrides folder either. It should go into the "content patch" folder in The Sims 3 folder.

I would assume I need it, since I don't allow my Launcher to access the internet and don't even have a tab for the store patch in there.  And KT's own instructions above say 'If you use this patch instead of the one the game generates I would suggest putting this in an overrides folder or in the program files mod folder with Awesomemod. Decrap if necessary.'  So I put it in Overrides and decrapped it, as I decrap everything else.

I would guess those are just items you don't have installed. The new patch changes a lot of fences and windows. They won't cause any harm, it's essentially just the main part of the object with none of the filling.

Okay, just wanted to make sure.  Thanks!

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2012 November 23, 18:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one is recommended... using the Launcher to update Store Patch 2.0 or using KT Store Patch?

They're the same exact thing, you decide.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2012 November 23, 21:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But decisions are hard and stuff!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: 2012 November 24, 12:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember that to use my greenhouse roof fix you need to delete and re "buy" the pieces after installing the mod, and you need to lay a floor under them first.  It's the floor that makes the greenhouse weatherproof.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ViridianaCordero
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2012 November 28, 01:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ccmerged is not working for meee help plz!! Cry
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2012 November 28, 03:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ccmerged is not working for meee help plz!! Cry

Go to the front of this thread and read the instructions again.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: