More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 09:34:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1788518 times)
Mockingbird
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 08.22.2012)
« Reply #375 on: 2012 August 24, 14:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're decrapping them? That's what should* be breaking them. Try decrapping my fix then see if that works for you.

I tried decrapping your file KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package; decrapping shrank it by 33 kb and none of the 7 items I  mentioned worked - they appeared to be less functional than before.  For example the ChocoFountain, I could fill it but drinking animation broke (unlike before they would drink with invisible straw.)

So I put back in your un-decrapped fix and my accessory packages (decrapped) and now every animation works, no invisible accessories, and buffs seem correct.  The only item I haven't fixed yet is the spellbook.  I'll probably install Sunlit Tides later and see how the sauna and massage table work.

I'm not sure if my posting is helpful to you/others or just annoying.  I'm posting the rest of this like experimental results that may help someone else - and not because I expect anyone to bend over backwards trying to fix this for me.

The reason I decrapped the accessory packages was on my first attempt to fix things, I put in all the little accessory packages as well as the package for the big item (the black jack table), all files were un-decrapped - this caused me to get a catalogue duplicate (folder icon and store icon) the folder one (package file) worked but the store-installed-decrapped one was still broken.  I decrapped my package files and put those in and that removed the duplicate from the catalogue and the store icon blackjack table now worked fine.  Then I just experimented taking out the actual table package and keeping only the accessories and again all worked fine.  Un-decrapped accessories did not fix the store icon table but decrapped ones did.

I've fixed 6 of the items this way.  Only one left to tinker with is the Spellbook - found the file but decrapped or undecrapped - neither package fixes the reset position bug.  Tried several "fixes" posted elsewhere online and not yet found one that works.

This is all so odd, since prior to this release, your fixes worked perfectly for me.  Just for extra weirdness - rolling back to your old fixes no longer works.  
« Last Edit: 2012 August 24, 15:39:10 by Mockingbird » Logged
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2012 August 24, 15:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're decrapping them? That's what should* be breaking them. Try decrapping my fix then see if that works for you.

I tried decrapping your file KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package; decrapping shrank it by 33 kb and none of the 7 items I  mentioned worked - they appeared to be less functional than before.  For example the ChocoFountain, I could fill it but drinking animation broke (unlike before they would drink with invisible straw.)

So I put back in your un-decrapped fix and my accessory packages (decrapped) and now every animation works, no invisible accessories, and buffs seem correct.  The only item I haven't fixed yet is the spellbook.  I'll probably install Sunlit Tides later and see how the sauna and massage table work.

I'm not sure if my posting is helpful to you/others or just annoying.  I'm posting the rest of this like experimental results that may help someone else - and not because I expect anyone to bend over backwards trying to fix this for me.

The reason I decrapped the accessory packages was on my first attempt to fix things, I put in all the little accessory packages as well as the package for the big item (the black jack table), all files were un-decrapped - this caused me to get a catalogue duplicate (folder icon and store icon) the folder one (package file) worked but the store-installed-decrapped one was still broken.  I decrapped my package files and put those in and that removed the duplicate from the catalogue and the store icon blackjack table now worked fine.  Then I just experimented taking out the actual table package and keeping only the accessories and again all worked fine.  Un-decrapped accessories did not fix the store icon table but decrapped ones did.

I've fixed 6 of the items this way.  Only one left to tinker with is the Spellbook - found the file but decrapped or undecrapped - neither package fixes the reset position bug.  Tried several "fixes" posted elsewhere online and not yet found one that works.

This is all so odd, since prior to this release, your fixes worked perfectly for me.  Just for extra weirdness - rolling back to your old fixes no longer works.  

You need a complete ccmerged.packaged to fix the spell book.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2012 August 24, 15:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Mockingbird - No problems, I'm glad to help when it seems that someone is actually trying and not being all tardly. If your sims are resetting with the spell book that's a ccmerge thing like notouching said. Get the ccmerge_decrapped zip and put that file either in your overrides folder/dcbackup folder/old framework mods folder. If your other items are fully working and your satisfied then just leave it the way you have it. IF you feel adventurous you might want to just remove all instances of any of my fixes in your mod folders and try again.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2012 August 24, 17:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue with the Sauna having no interactions is almost certainly a ccmerged fail.
What is that suppose to mean I even started over and added the fixes in and its not working? Its not the copy of Sunlit Tides that came from this site it came from the store. Besides if that was a ccmerge fail wouldn't all the items its suppose to be fixing fail to and those all work but the sauna?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2012 August 24, 17:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm terribly sorry KT. I looked up clips of the voodoo doll on youtube and the animations do appear on the floor. I even went back to an old EA folder of mine that don't have the new stuff installed and the animations appear on the floor there too. I'm not sure why I remember them appearing on the sim, tbh.

In the mean time I fixed the excessive steam glitch as well.

Before:

After:

I sincerely apologize for my Kermit flailing once again. This time I promised myself to more more careful and test everything thoroughly and somehow I always manage to end up running back here like a headless chicken. (Dutch expression)

Edited to add thumbnail.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 24, 18:38:54 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2012 August 24, 17:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok sorry I didn't realize there was a different ccmerge  decrapified file and I was still using the old one. So everything works now including the sauna. Smiley
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2012 August 24, 17:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@virgali - No worries, I jump to conclusions ALL the time. We're[most of us Wink] here to help each other out. On that note YOU CAN WOOHOO IN THE STEAM!?!? Sweet.

@Tia - Glad you figured it out.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2012 August 24, 18:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@virgali - No worries, I jump to conclusions ALL the time. We're[most of us Wink] here to help each other out. On that note YOU CAN WOOHOO IN THE STEAM!?!? Sweet.

@Tia - Glad you figured it out.

Yes, it gets very steamy and the sims get pixelated. If I remember correctly there are rose petals too. There's also a special interaction that allows you to try for a baby boy or baby girl. It gives you a 100% chance of getting the gender of choice, if the sim gets pregnant that is. The romantic massage (from the massage table) gives the sim a fertility boost for triplets.

ETA: Am I the only one annoyed that the massage table doesn't spawn an NPC masseur?
« Last Edit: 2012 August 24, 18:33:05 by virgali » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2012 August 24, 20:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The package in the ccmerged_decrapped.zip file is "ccmerged.package," not "ccmerged_decrapped."  Is it just a misnamed file, or did the wrong file get zipped?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2012 August 24, 20:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The package in the ccmerged_decrapped.zip file is "ccmerged.package," not "ccmerged_decrapped."  Is it just a misnamed file, or did the wrong file get zipped?

That one is fine, I just didn't rename it.

ladybugg
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2012 August 24, 21:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten everything to work except for the sauna. I've tried everything i can think of to fix it, but nothing works. It won't let me place it. I have a house that came with one, but I can't click on it. Everything else seems to work fine. Can someone please help?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2012 August 24, 21:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously?  The answer to that is on the previous page.  Whatever happened to SEARCH MOAR?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2012 August 25, 16:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did search moar.  I asked my AIDE, and he told me the answer.  Search complete.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2012 August 25, 17:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously?  The answer to that is on the previous page.  Whatever happened to SEARCH MOAR?
Him search when has he ever searched for things?
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2012 August 25, 18:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooh feeling extra bitchy today girls? 

meh.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2012 August 25, 18:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They just jealous because they don't have awesome aides.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2012 August 25, 19:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People get ugly when they have to peel their own grapes.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2012 August 26, 16:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Am I the only one annoyed that the massage table doesn't spawn an NPC masseur?
BBS sheeplings reported that if it's placed on a comm lot it will assign a townie just like the tattoo chair. Didn't try it though. Will you be sharing your steam fix for the sauna? I first thought it was going to explode when I saw that. Too bad it didn't.

Okay I spent an hour testing the last fix, trying out all the premiums I could think of (I just realized I forgot to test the tree of posterity, crap.).The only KIA I have is the fountain of youth cascade animation thing missing. However it works perfectly, moodlets and sim anims. So who cares. Tongue
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2012 August 26, 20:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BBS sheeplings reported that if it's placed on a comm lot it will assign a townie just like the tattoo chair. Didn't try it though. Will you be sharing your steam fix for the sauna? I first thought it was going to explode when I saw that. Too bad it didn't.

Okay I spent an hour testing the last fix, trying out all the premiums I could think of (I just realized I forgot to test the tree of posterity, crap.).The only KIA I have is the fountain of youth cascade animation thing missing. However it works perfectly, moodlets and sim anims. So who cares. Tongue

Poppycock. All my PC items are tested on a special community lot I threw together. No masseur appeared. The lot is a hangout.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2012 August 26, 20:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you fast-forward 2 days? It's supposedly like the barman, it can take a while to find a victim. Frankly I too thought that this was too good to be true though. Crap, here goes my plans for an open comm SPA.
Naria
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2012 August 27, 00:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find the answer in the thread, so I was wondering if I keep the original ccmerged.package in the DCBackup folder when I put the decrapped one in the Overrides folder or not?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2012 August 27, 00:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can, I personally just alter the one my game generates. It's as simple as changing a 0 to a 1.

Kasarcher
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: 2012 August 27, 01:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can`t use the sauna at all nor I can place it on a lot I have the fixes but they are not working for me

kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2012 August 27, 04:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have looked unless I am missing something.......on installation, but in the KT_StoreFix, do both files go in the override file that was created?  I have updated the files and prior to this have saved my game just in case need to reinstall everything again.  I put all the mod files in the overdrive file created, so far everything is working............trying the prosperity tree........to see if that gives fruit.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 27, 11:13:57 by kece » Logged
Asmodeuseswife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2012 August 27, 12:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the buffs and interactions for the Sauna except none of my sims will woohoo in it, or even try for one sprog let alone multiple ones. Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: