More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:45:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780090 times)
elizabeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.03.2012)
« Reply #125 on: 2012 May 11, 22:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what is wrong that I can't use this fix.. I installed the unAwesome11 fix and put it in the overrides folder.. I didn't test the tablet or the doll... and the only thing that worked for me was the fortune telling table.. I'm puzzled as to why it is working for others and I have tried several times but can't get it to work in my game.. if someone can tell me why and help I would appreciate it.. thanks  here are some pics

pictures deleted
« Last Edit: 2012 May 21, 15:59:46 by elizabeth » Logged
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2012 May 11, 23:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the tabcast in mine. Everything works but the tree and the tabcast. You have to have the extra tree for it to work.

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/SimsDelight/Screenshot-82-2.jpg

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/SimsDelight/Screenshot-81-1.jpg

I would post the tree but I have it working with Skadi's .package tree in my game.

Apparently the fountain of you doesn't work either here is a picture

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/SimsDelight/FountainOfYouth.png

« Last Edit: 2012 May 12, 00:02:03 by Tia » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2012 May 12, 01:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is all I know for sure: my fix works on a pc, with all games, fully patched, and all items installed as decrapped sims3packs. Every single file in the fix is not decrapped and does not need to be, hence the fix, therefore it should work no matter how your items are installed.  That's all I know. It would be different if there were a vast amount of people saying it doesn't work. Thank you bitterquill, couldn't have said it better myself.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2012 May 12, 19:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is all I know for sure: my fix works on a pc, with all games, fully patched, and all items installed as decrapped sims3packs. Every single file in the fix is not decrapped and does not need to be, hence the fix, therefore it should work no matter how your items are installed.  That's all I know. It would be different if there were a vast amount of people saying it doesn't work. Thank you bitterquill, couldn't have said it better myself.
Yes I realize it working in your game but its not in mine and I can't get the fountain of youth to work at all now. I ahve all the games patched and I decrapified everything to but that fix doesn't work. If I made a mistake on something I am sorry but can you suggest something to try to get the fix to work. I am not saying that your fix is bad and that for most of you its working. I just need help to get it to work in my game.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2012 May 15, 00:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now getting resets with the deepfryer when trying to make maple bacon ice cream. The tablet works fine. My store content is legit though.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2012 May 15, 14:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what you get for combining bacon and ice cream.  Angry

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2012 May 17, 05:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP

I've removed the spell book and fountain animations fix since EA has fixed it themselves.

I've also removed the buff conflict fix and the spellbook reset fix. If you look in your DCBackup folder you will find a package named ccmerged. Since I assume you're using arr'd content, decrap this file and place it in your mods folder. This package contains a BUFF, SKIL, and an UNKN file that is updated and shared by most premium store content. This will fix the buffs and the spellbook reset bug, maybe even the fryer reset bug?

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2012 May 17, 10:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP

I've removed the spell book and fountain animations fix since EA has fixed it themselves.

I've also removed the buff conflict fix and the spellbook reset fix. If you look in your DCBackup folder you will find a package named ccmerged. Since I assume you're using arr'd content, decrap this file and place it in your mods folder. This package contains a BUFF, SKIL, and an UNKN file that is updated and shared by most premium store content. This will fix the buffs and the spellbook reset bug, maybe even the fryer reset bug?

If you regularly clear your DCBackup folder and have deleted your ccmerged.package, you will need to re-install your premium content. In my case, I can had to re-name my The Sims 3 folder, install all premium content, and then copy the ccmerged.package to my old The Sims3 folder. Then I could delete the new folder and re-name the old one back to The Sims 3.

Decrapping the ccmerged.package didn't work. but I changed the Group for all 3 resources to 0x01000000 and everything works fine.

ETA: I install only decrapified sims3packs.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 17, 11:29:31 by notouching » Logged
nahcujam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2012 May 17, 16:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe even the fryer reset bug?

Have tried it. I even followed notouching's tip since I have only decrapped store stuffs. My Sims reset when cooking with the deep fryer.

EDIT: I misunderstand notouching's post... I have all working now, even the deep fryer, What I did is, not to decrap ccmerge, just edit the group.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 17, 16:40:16 by nahcujam » Logged
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.17.2012)
« Reply #134 on: 2012 May 17, 19:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got everything to work but I am using a blogs fix since I have no idea if I delete their fix if it will stop working. Undecided

I am not sure what was going on with the tablet but I had to put a separate one to get it to work and in my content it only shows as 1 tablet which is kind of strange since one is the set in the launcher and the other was a .package of the tablet.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2012 May 18, 04:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got everything to work but I am using a blogs fix since I have no idea if I delete their fix if it will stop working. Undecided

Are you talking about that TG blog fix? That's just my fix with someone elses name on it.

I am not sure what was going on with the tablet but I had to put a separate one to get it to work and in my content it only shows as 1 tablet which is kind of strange since one is the set in the launcher and the other was a .package of the tablet.

Then either you only have one installed or someone changed the .package version to not be shown in the catalogue. Which icon shows up, store or packaged CC?

As for the ccmerged file, I must have an old version of my fix floating around my mods folders because it worked last night when I changed the OP. When I used only ccmerge and my fix this morning it didn't work until I manually decrapped ccmerge. So once I make sure I have all the premium stuff installed I will add the contents of ccmerge to my fix.

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2012 May 18, 15:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turn all my Store content into packages and while I have the ccmerged file you mentioned, if I open it in S3pe, it's empty. There's no files in it.

Everything works fine for me with your previous fix, except the tabcasts on the tablet, which I can easily live without.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2012 May 18, 17:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you talking about that TG blog fix? That's just my fix with someone elses name on it.

Then either you only have one installed or someone changed the .package version to not be shown in the catalogue. Which icon shows up, store or packaged CC?

As for the ccmerged file, I must have an old version of my fix floating around my mods folders because it worked last night when I changed the OP. When I used only ccmerge and my fix this morning it didn't work until I manually decrapped ccmerge. So once I make sure I have all the premium stuff installed I will add the contents of ccmerge to my fix.
Its the store version. But I know that the .package one is in there it shows up in the CC when you are choosing what game to play but it doesn't show up as extra in my game. I am not sure what fix it was it says premium items fix. But I don't know that everything will work again if I take it out I had a hard time getting the fountain of youth to work properly again.
Rizin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2012 May 20, 17:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

version 11 unAwesome works just fine for me as far as I can tell. Its just version 12 that's giving me problems. The fryer reset, the tablet tabcast not functioning properly. All this works with version 11. All I use Is decrapified sims3packs. I guess I'll stick with that one for now until I figure out how the heck to Group my resources.
Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2012 May 20, 17:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, Do you have Version 10 anywhere...that one worked. I downloaded 11 and stupidly deleted 10 thinking it would work(instead of testing first), but now the fryer, tabcast, spellbook etc doesn't work anymore. The antique phone never worked for me with any fix...I think it's cause it's borked in the mid century set and not the generation reg set. But I can live with the phone being messed up. If anyone has KT version 10's fix, I'd appreciate it.

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2012 May 20, 17:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the one I use, didn't bother getting the later versions since everything works top notch for me with this one.

* Joey_StoreCC_Fix_V10.zip (48.13 KB - downloaded 337 times.)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.20.2012)
« Reply #141 on: 2012 May 21, 02:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. Hopefully this way makes it easier for some people. If something is still wonky just let me know, just make sure to include how everything is installed.

I need two things: someone that uses packages to let me know if the ccmerged_vanilla works for you and someone to let me know if the deep fryer reset thingy is gone. Thanks.

Also, has anyone had the option to change the oil in the deep fryer yet? There is an included oil bottle object and an xml for it but I haven't seen the option to ever actually change the oil. Maybe it's something like with the fairies for the ToP that Ea gave up on or didn't activate?
« Last Edit: 2012 May 21, 03:15:39 by kissing_toast » Logged

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2012 May 21, 04:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know you could change the oil in the deep fryer.  I'll keep having my sim use it and see if the oil will need changing or not.  Just to note that I've never had a problem with the deep fryer.  I'm guessing you mean you need to know if the sim still resets when using it?
Starwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2012 May 21, 08:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP. Hopefully this way makes it easier for some people. If something is still wonky just let me know, just make sure to include how everything is installed.

I installed both the KT Storefix Awesome and KT StorefixUnawesome, I didn't install either of the others as I install vanilla sims3pack's. The tabcast function is not working (no earphone or buff), had no problems with it in the version 11 fix but everything since doesn't work for that. Have not experienced the deepfryer jump bug at this time.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2012 May 21, 09:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed both the KT Storefix Awesome and KT StorefixUnawesome, I didn't install either of the others as I install vanilla sims3pack's. The tabcast function is not working (no earphone or buff), had no problems with it in the version 11 fix but everything since doesn't work for that. Have not experienced the deepfryer jump bug at this time.

I assume you didn't install both of the fixes at the same time but tried each individually? If you've ever deleted all content in your DCBackup and did not re-install your premium content, your ccmerged.package may not be complete, which will cause problems.

ETA: KT, Unless this is something else fixed by Awesomemod, there is no need for 2 versions of the ccmerged.package. Everyone will need the one with the store group ID, regardless of how one installs the content. When the core loads the store moodlets, it looks for a very specific resource which must have the store group ID.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 21, 10:39:13 by notouching » Logged
Starwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2012 May 21, 11:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume you didn't install both of the fixes at the same time but tried each individually? If you've ever deleted all content in your DCBackup and did not re-install your premium content, your ccmerged.package may not be complete, which will cause problems.

Actually I did install both at the same time as per the instructions KT has with the latest update...

Instructions
*This fix assumes that ALL affected items are installed the same way*
Everyone will need this file here----->KT_StoreFix_Awesome
If you don't use Awesomemod you will also need this file here----->KT_StoreFix_UnAwesome
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2012 May 21, 12:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I did install both at the same time as per the instructions KT has with the latest update...

Instructions
*This fix assumes that ALL affected items are installed the same way*
Everyone will need this file here----->KT_StoreFix_Awesome
If you don't use Awesomemod you will also need this file here----->KT_StoreFix_UnAwesome

Oops, I don't use the UnAwesome fix so I totally glazed over that part. Still, the part about your ccmerged package stands. If it is incomplete -- and you don't have the complete file elsewhere -- you will have problems with the store items.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2012 May 21, 18:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a ccmerged file in your dcbackup folder? You may need to uninstall and reinstall your premium objects to get that back.

ETA: KT, Unless this is something else fixed by Awesomemod, there is no need for 2 versions of the ccmerged.package. Everyone will need the one with the store group ID, regardless of how one installs the content. When the core loads the store moodlets, it looks for a very specific resource which must have the store group ID.

Yea, I knew that. It was the group instance of the ccmerged files that threw me off, I could have sworn I didn't use any decrapped files in my fix. I wonder how that file works for legit owners, Ea does some weird things sometimes.

danielmyst
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2012 May 21, 21:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The deep fryer reset bug is still there with the latest 2 patch files (StoreFixes/UnAwesome Store Fixes)The Sim goes to use the deep fryer and the sim uses it but right before whatever is in the deep fryer is about to finish cooking, the sim cancels the the action of cooking and resets by doing the same action again in an endless loop.

My store content is all installed via the launcher and I have my own ccmerged file in my DCBackup folder.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2012 May 21, 22:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used every combo from the instructions provided and could not get the deep fryer or the tabcast to work so I went on a search to see if anyone else had a fix.  Most other fixes advertised were this fix just hosted by someone else not even bothering to change the name of it.

Finally I found a fix at a site called The Sims 3 Contents.  It fixed all the problems.  I'm not saying the fix that is offered here isn't right but that in my case it did not work and this did.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: