More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:12:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780169 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 03.25.2012)
« Reply #75 on: 2012 March 26, 14:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That trick would be awesome if it worked for me. What I do is open my DBC files one at a time with s3pe and set it to only filter the thumbnails, then just go through those until I find the object I'm looking for. When you know which file it's in you remove the DBC0 file and rename whatever file it is in to 0, start up your launcher, find it, uninstall, then undo the renaming stuff. I didn't use the file that was linked I used a fresh one downloaded from the store, worked for me.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2012 March 26, 14:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That trick would be awesome if it worked for me. What I do is open my DBC files one at a time with s3pe and set it to only filter the thumbnails, then just go through those until I find the object I'm looking for. When you know which file it's in you remove the DBC0 file and rename whatever file it is in to 0, start up your launcher, find it, uninstall, then undo the renaming stuff. I didn't use the file that was linked I used a fresh one downloaded from the store, worked for me.

I should probably try that then. Sounds like a whole lot of trouble just for a stupid arch though. Why don't they simply update the downloads with the fixed file in the first place? My file is also fresh from the store. I tried them all so I think I have the same problem as you, that the arch isn't uninstalling.

ETA: It worked! I used s3pe as you suggested and followed instructions and finally got it fixed.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 26, 20:07:52 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2012 April 24, 18:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I've been away for a long while, and have regressed back to a complete noob, so this problem could totally be on my end, but I thought I'd give it shot and see if it's not just me.

I downloaded all of the Store items and converted them to .package files. With the Romanza Bridal Party fix intalled several Store outfits make the sim's torso and thighs invisible. Without the fix, everything is working fine. I'm pretty sure I have everything set up correctly; I merged all Store clothing into one huge file and stuck it in Mods/Packages and I have the fix in Mods/Overrides. ATM, the only CC I have is awesomemod, the Store fixes, and the Store clothing, so, I don't think it could be a conflict or anything. I did not decrap the Store files before converting/merging, I just ran them through s3rc. I've read that it's necessary to decrap fixes if you decrapped the Store stuff, but does that matter if I did not decrap?

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2012 April 27, 18:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*UPDATED OP*

Sorry, I've been away for a long while, and have regressed back to a complete noob, so this problem could totally be on my end, but I thought I'd give it shot and see if it's not just me.

I downloaded all of the Store items and converted them to .package files. With the Romanza Bridal Party fix intalled several Store outfits make the sim's torso and thighs invisible. Without the fix, everything is working fine. I'm pretty sure I have everything set up correctly; I merged all Store clothing into one huge file and stuck it in Mods/Packages and I have the fix in Mods/Overrides. ATM, the only CC I have is awesomemod, the Store fixes, and the Store clothing, so, I don't think it could be a conflict or anything. I did not decrap the Store files before converting/merging, I just ran them through s3rc. I've read that it's necessary to decrap fixes if you decrapped the Store stuff, but does that matter if I did not decrap?

Don't know what would do this, try decrapping the fix maybe?

Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 04.27.2012)
« Reply #79 on: 2012 April 27, 19:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, decrapping the fix made it work perfectly. I guess, even with .package installation you still have to decrap first.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2012 April 27, 20:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little confused as in the first post one is labeled Joey_StoreCC_Fix_Vx and the other Joey_StoreCC_Fix_Vx_unAwesome but in the download links one is labeled v9 and the other v10. 

I know that v10 and vx equate but I see the fryer is listed in Joey_StoreCC_Fix_Vx yet the download states it is for the unawesome version.

I hope that is clear.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2012 April 27, 21:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "x" represents whatever version number I'm on. Only use unAwesome if you don't use Awesomemod.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2012 April 27, 21:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "x" represents whatever version number I'm on. Only use unAwesome if you don't use Awesomemod.

Does the unAwesome version contain all the fixes that are listed in the Awesome one?

Edit:  Just tested your unAwesome version and it doesn't fix the fryer so I am assuming there isn't a fix for it for people not using Awesome Mod.

Edit:  I looked at it in S3PE and the fix is in the unAwesome version and I checked to see if anything was conflicting and there isn't.  They start the frying and then halfway through they just walk away but some invisible being continues shaking it up and down but it never finishes.  The same thing for the ice cream machine.

Edit:  I just tried the uncrapified version and I got a serious error on load up so I'm assuming that won't work either.  So in my game I can't get the fix in the corrects the frying and I'm assuming the other items in this fix.

Last Edit:  I got it working.  I used the decrapped sims3pack and the not decrapped fix in the regular file and everything worked.

« Last Edit: 2012 April 28, 01:09:59 by imyourboy » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012 April 27, 21:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried your No Randoms fix, but I have a slight problem.  I have an unholy hybrid of items:  Barnacle Bay and Romanza I arr'ed, Riverview I didn't.  So with the fix, two versions of the Riverview clothes appear in the CAS catalog, one normal and one blank.  When I test further and try a blank one on a Sim, everything between the Sim's head and feet disappear.  This was with a decrapped version of the fix. 

I understand if you don't want to tweak the fix any more, but I just thought I'd mention it.

And thank you for all your fixes.  (I'm glad I waited to install the decrapped Deep Fat Fryer and Ice Cream Maker.  Stupid EA. Angry)

« Last Edit: 2012 April 27, 21:58:00 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2012 April 28, 02:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried your No Randoms fix, but I have a slight problem.  I have an unholy hybrid of items:  Barnacle Bay and Romanza I arr'ed, Riverview I didn't.  So with the fix, two versions of the Riverview clothes appear in the CAS catalog, one normal and one blank.  When I test further and try a blank one on a Sim, everything between the Sim's head and feet disappear.  This was with a decrapped version of the fix. 

I understand if you don't want to tweak the fix any more, but I just thought I'd mention it.

And thank you for all your fixes.  (I'm glad I waited to install the decrapped Deep Fat Fryer and Ice Cream Maker.  Stupid EA. Angry)

That's happening because you've mixed how you have them installed. My/that mod assumes everything is installed the same way, either vanilla or decrapped.

@imyourboy: Nowhere in the instructions does it say to decrap the store fixes, kinda defeats the whole purpose doesn't?

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012 April 28, 13:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*UPDATED OP*

@kissing_toast ^^  Maybe not in the instructions but I lurk all the time and I just followed your advice above.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2012 April 28, 18:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*UPDATED OP*

@kissing_toast ^^  Maybe not in the instructions but I lurk all the time and I just followed your advice above.

But that is for the casp mod which says to decrap in the instructions.

elizabeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012 April 29, 01:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to use your fix for the deep fryer and ice cream machine but they conflict with the magic items fix and tree of prosperity.. If I take those two fixes out then those items no longer work.. do you know why? I believe it said that your fix was suppose to work for all of those items.   Huh
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2012 April 29, 01:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to use your fix for the deep fryer and ice cream machine but they conflict with the magic items fix and tree of prosperity.. If I take those two fixes out then those items no longer work.. do you know why? I believe it said that your fix was suppose to work for all of those items.   Huh

Where are you getting two fixes from? The one does everything. 

elizabeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2012 April 29, 01:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the other fixes from when those items came out.. I took them out and installed yours but the magic items and the tree of prosperity doesn't work.. with your fix     Undecided

Ok I see I didn't explain very well... the two fixes I was talking about was magic items fix v3_spell book fix and the tree of prosperity fix.. if I take these two out and only have yours in then the only items that works are the deep fryer and the ice cream machine.. if I leave them all in then according to dashboard they are conflicting. So I'm unable to use it as it is..   Sad    thank you for coming up with a fix for it so fast I hope it works for someone else though   Smiley
« Last Edit: 2012 April 29, 04:31:09 by elizabeth » Logged
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2012 April 29, 09:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the other fixes from when those items came out.. I took them out and installed yours but the magic items and the tree of prosperity doesn't work.. with your fix     Undecided
*snip*

You only need this fix from this thread to fix all premium content problems, including the magic items and the tree of prosperity. If you put this fix in your game alongside those two older fixes, you will have a conflict because this fix contains those older fixes. Remove the older fixes, put only this fix in, and then delete your scriptcache.package for good measure.

If you actually lurked "all the time" you would know Joey_StoreCC_Fix_Vx_unAwesome contains everything from Joey_StoreCC_Fix_Vx, plus the extra stuff listed. You don't even need to lurk to know it, because you could also just read the thread which is only 4 pages long right now.
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012 April 29, 12:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've downloaded the fix, run my files through dashboard, removed the conflicts, but its not working for the ice cream machine and deep fryer! I have Showtime if that helps at all. Also, where do I put the fix and how to I install it? I've decrapified it too because my content was downloaded from the site. Help!
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2012 April 29, 13:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you actually lurked "all the time" you would know Joey_StoreCC_Fix_Vx_unAwesome contains everything from Joey_StoreCC_Fix_Vx, plus the extra stuff listed. You don't even need to lurk to know it, because you could also just read the thread which is only 4 pages long right now.

Obviously you didn't read my thread so stfu and learn to lurk moar yourself.  I explained that I looked and found that it did.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2012 April 29, 13:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've downloaded the fix, run my files through dashboard, removed the conflicts, but its not working for the ice cream machine and deep fryer! I have Showtime if that helps at all. Also, where do I put the fix and how to I install it? I've decrapified it too because my content was downloaded from the site. Help!

I did the same thing because I was unsure of the instructions.  If you have decrapped sims3packs from here do not decrap the fix and just place it in the mods folder and everything will work fine.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2012 April 29, 14:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you tardlings that don't know how to follow instructions GTFO now! There are no conflicts and YOU DO NOT NEED TO DECRAP THE STROE FIX, this defeats the whole fucking purpose of the fix. If you don't know how to install package files that is not my problem. Now, when I get the chance just for shits and giggles I am going to double check my mods. If there are any problems on my side I will gladly put my foot in my mouth. Until then try re-reading the instructions.

elizabeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2012 April 29, 15:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed   my apologies to kissing_toast.  in all fairness to him I tried the unawesome  fix in the list as I don't  use awesome mod.. it does work.  I did however find a fix for just the new fiesta set and could use 2 or 3 different fixes for all but since this one works for everything I prefer to have this one.. so again kissing_toast I'm sorry for not at least trying the other fix before saying it doesn't work..  thank you for fixing the problem so quickly and for sharing you work! 
Elizabeth    Cheesy
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2012 April 29, 21:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am disappoint that my AIDE isn't stabbing people right now.  Stabbing is a nice, unambiguous response to stupidity.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2012 April 30, 01:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've double checked them, they're working as intended. LET THE STABBING BEGIN!!!!

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2012 April 30, 14:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!  STABBING!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
lilith
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2012 May 03, 21:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears that the cow plant is not functioning properly, it not opens its mouth showing a slice of cake.
Can anything be done to integrate this into the fix?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: