More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:31:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Lights! Camera! Inaction! SHOWTIME!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Inaction! SHOWTIME!  (Read 30813 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Lights! Camera! Inaction! SHOWTIME!
« on: 2012 March 08, 20:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we need a centralized thread to talk about the latest EP.  Skadi, Sooze, and I are all reporting significant lag in Starshite Shores.  I'm getting pauses every 5 or 10 game minutes, with nighttime taking excruciatingly long to get through.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Lights! Camera! Inaction! SHOWTIME!
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 08, 20:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was good for 3-4 simdays, then I started with the sound lag last night. I've also had an error 12 already. I'm saving once or twice a simday. I have patch 1.31, all EPs and SPs and no CC or mods - bar Awesomemod - whatsoever.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 08, 20:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have AM, a handful of mods all reported to be compatible [Buzzler's stuff]. It is laggy everywhere. Spurts and starts especially when you are in a venue. Previous large households [8+pets] in Sunset Valley 2nd Ed and Lunar Lakes did not have this issue. It's going to be a painfully slow road to stardom.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 08, 22:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they routing errors?  Those seem to inflict ever single EA-made neighborhood.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 08, 22:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have had no routing issues.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 March 08, 22:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not finding any stuck sims, and resetsim *.* didn't help.  Usually that temporarily clears up routing issues.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 March 08, 23:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm definitely going to wait to get this EP if you guys are all having significant problems.  Just from past posts I know you all had functioning games before hand and are experienced users.  Is that the only neighborhood with problems, or does this stretch across your whole game?

meh.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 March 08, 23:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing with no cc except for some store hairs and NRAAS mods. My game is really laggy and jumpy in Starlight Shores compared to playing 1.29 with a metric tonne of cc. I've tried turning down my graphics (yes jezzer, my graphics can get worse) and restting objects, but to no avail. I have not tried any other hood yet.

ETA: oh, and I don't seem to be getting any sound coming from jukeboxes.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2012 March 08, 23:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am about to test another world, to see if it's the new hood, or the new ep/patch.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 March 09, 19:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried a new world, but spent 4-5 hours last night continuing my game in sunset valley, patched to 1.31 and Showtime installed, and did not encounter any problems, definitely no lagging of any kind.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is the new hood that is problematic, just like Bridgeport was buggy as hell when LN came out.  It seems like the original hoods fair better than the new creations whenever EAxis expand the game.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2012 March 09, 20:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played Lunar Lakes for a little while with no issues, so I think it's just the new hood.

Beldara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 March 09, 23:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only issue I've noticed so far is with the sound shutting off randomly.  No lag here.

Running atm with just awesome mod, my cc folder is pulled.

I was having issues with some of NRAAS stuff, with the portaits all being highlighted and not selecting the active sim properly, but it didn't seem to be portrait panel causing it. 
I've pulled it all until I can single out the problem.

KRYTEN: Absolutely sir, with the Kinitawowi *not* skinning you alive the moment they set eyes on you is one of their warmest greetings.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 March 10, 02:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a look in CAW, the routing paint is solid. The routing looks solid. That's unique among EA worlds. There's a road not connected in the middle of town, but I don't imagine that could be the cause. Figure it's probably a lot, but can't locate anything. No trouble in other hoods.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 March 10, 03:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll most probably get sporked for using Simport but the bloody Simfests may show up at the same time and place where a Simport show got booked. This causes the show to stay in some kind of limbo where you can't complete it and thus can't use Simport anymore.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 March 10, 03:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim can no longer use her Swimwear hairstyle in-game; it disappeared and got replaced with some fugly Base Game crap.  I also have her in my SavedSims folder; and when I checked in CAS, the correct hairstyle was still there.  WTF?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 March 10, 04:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a look in CAW, the routing paint is solid. The routing looks solid. That's unique among EA worlds. There's a road not connected in the middle of town, but I don't imagine that could be the cause. Figure it's probably a lot, but can't locate anything. No trouble in other hoods.

The game is so used to shoddy routing that it just doesn't know what to do with itself, now.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 March 10, 15:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've replaced the "Steel Scalloped Roof" texture with something completely different.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 March 10, 23:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping someone more CAW-savvy than me would check.  I've noticed that the venue lots have very shoddy pathing on the stages, with LOTS of people getting in one another's way, angry foot-tapping, etc.  During a Simfest, people not actually involved in the Simfest would get up on the stage like they were going to perform, only to have to cancel and get out of the way of the actual performer.  It reminded me of how you'd use the computer in TS2 and suddenly every sim in the house would zerg rush the room in an effort to turn the computer off.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 March 10, 23:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any/more lag in Starlight Whatever, but I have had several cases of the audio cutting out for a while (lets say five minutes) and then coming back on allofasuddenandrushedlike. It's very strange.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2012 March 11, 00:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added some venues to Lunar Lakes, and had no serious issues. When my sim did her first performance though, ever sim in the audience had a route fail thought bubble.

daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 March 11, 01:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not had lags but any sims that fish at the main beach where the fish are swimming are stuck there until I lead them out or teleport them out to where they need to go. It is fine at the more distant beach.

And I am having the screen go very dark like a few other people have reported.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 March 11, 02:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any/more lag in Starlight Whatever, but I have had several cases of the audio cutting out for a while (lets say five minutes) and then coming back on allofasuddenandrushedlike. It's very strange.

I'm still Showtime free, but I had a similar occurrence in Bridgeport. Have you tried resetting the entire town?

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 March 11, 04:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can second this. The sound in my game has been cutting out while testing a lot I've been building (a watering hole IIRC) in Builder's Island. It appears that the ambient sounds are cutting off the music playing from a jukebox inside the lot.

Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 March 11, 12:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had lag in Starlight Shores that was getting progressively worse. Once I resetsim * the lags became shorter, but they're still there.

Also having the sound cutting out issue.
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 March 11, 15:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having sound issues also, and now my singer cannot do anything such as audition, perform for tips, or whatever. She did simport out and back. My magician who had never been simported out still can get gigs. 

Hosted a singer and had the screen go almost black again so could not see her at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: