More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:14:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  CTD after 10 seconds of playing (Not on Loading screen)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CTD after 10 seconds of playing (Not on Loading screen)  (Read 28122 times)
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: CTD after 10 seconds of playing (Not on Loading screen)
« Reply #25 on: 2012 March 07, 05:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Auto-Updater doesn't "give" you anything. It checks to see which TS3 Awesomeware you ALREADY HAVE INSTALLED and then updates any of those files, if needed.

I think you need to go RTFM.  In fact, I think there are many manuals you might need to fucking read.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 March 07, 17:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Pulls up Manual again* *cough* Okay lets see here

*reads*
"INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in TS3/Mods/Packages. Requires Hack Framework.
Install optional configuration package.
Delete the file MYDOCU~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/scriptcache.package."

Check

*reads*
"COMPATIBILITY:
Base: 1.29 & Corresponding Expansions
Compatible with all Awesomeware.
Do not attempt to install with other core script mods. It will not work.
There can by only one."

Check.

*reads*
"---- WHAT DOES IT DO? ----

This batch file downloads and installs AwesomeMod, RuleOf6, NoGreenHair, StrayGnomeFix, 3booter and FPS Limiter automatically when you run it. After downloading, it will start 3booter.
New files will only be downloaded if there's a new version available. If everything is up to date, nothing will be downloaded and 3booter will be started immediately.
Please note that the updater ONLY updates AwesomeMod, RuleOf6, NoGreenHair and StrayGnomeFix if it finds them on your system."

Check

*reads*
"---- HOW DO I INSTALL IT? ----

1. Unzip wget.exe and unzip.exe to your system's Windows folder (usually "C:\Windows").
   These files are needed to actually download the files, and to unzip the downloaded zip files.

2. Unzip locale.aweupd to your system's Windows folder (usually "C:\Windows").
   This file is needed to use the correct localized name of The Sims 3.

3. Unzip updater.bat wherever you want. Make a shortcut or place it directly on your desktop, whatever.
"

Check

What else must I read again in the manuals?

And the Auto-Updater downloads those files for me, how else do you think I got them? Were they given to me from the Matrix by Neo and Morpheus?
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 March 07, 17:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next time, read the whole manual. From the Q & A at the bottom:

Q: Can I use this as an AwesomeMod, RuleOf6, NoGreenHair or StrayGnomeFix easy installer?
A: No, you can't. It checks if they are installed before updating them.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012 March 07, 17:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry but what are you trying to get at? I'm really confused.

Are you saying that I'm too stupid to know that I have to manually extract the downloaded files from AwesomeMod Auto Updater?

Did my previous posts not already confirm that I got them installed?

Must I say every step I went through in installing AwesomeMod for you to understand my situation? If I must then you should get off these forums. Are you trying to be hip and flame anyone on these forums for no apparent reason just because everyone else does?

Thanks, you just made yourself look stupid.

You may log off the internet =)
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 March 07, 18:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm saying that you're an idiot, and that any information you relay regarding your installation is subject to scrutiny.

In your first post you said:

This morning I got Sims 3 along with all expansions installed, I ran the launcher once to update the game, downloaded a 1 gig patch, once that was finished I came here and downloaded the AwesomeMod Auto Updater, it gave me FPSLimit, 3booter, the test version of 1.31 and framework,...

and then in another previous post you wrote:

I don't have any other mods, just AwesomeMod and whatever else was given to me via the AwesomeMod Auto Updater, NoBuildSparkles, NoGreenHair, NoIntro, RuleOf6, StrayGnomeFix, 3booter, and FPS Limiter.[/i]

not to mention your other posts where you ask Google-able BASIC QUESTIONS, and then answer your own fucking questions with more inane posts. You can also take your squee and DIAF.

So YES, I'm saying that you have demonstrated with your contributions to MATY that you are too stupid to be trusted to have installed any Awesomeware correctly.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 March 08, 02:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll make sure to hold your hand through everything like a child if I ever have any other problems. Sad to see someone lack so much cognitive ability.

Have a nice day! ^_^
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 March 08, 04:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think those two are related. Game becoming choppy and hanging sounds like "a massive number of sims are now stuck in a repeating routing fail loop somewhere", and the fact that it "didn't happen again" was just purely a random occurrence.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012 March 08, 22:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

;_;. I've just been playing on EA Story Progression but I want mah AwesomeMod Story Progression! Can't play with all the lag I get along with the instant crash seconds into the game no matter what I do when AwesomeMod Story is turned on =\.

I've noticed that every time I load my laggy/crashing game with AwesomeMod Story turned on the lag spikes happen at the same exact time then it's followed by a crash seconds later. I'm not sure if that gives you more insight on the issue or not =(.

I'll download a cleanup mod and reload my crashing game and have it try to unstuck and reset NPCs and Vehicles to see if that fixes my problem. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks, J. M. Pescado

EDIT: I used the /fixall command inside AwesomeMod and it fixed my issue!! =D. The Laggy/choppyness went away and my game no longer crashes seconds in. Back to using AwesomeMod Story. Woohoo!

Thanks again, J. M. Pescado =)
« Last Edit: 2012 March 08, 22:48:38 by Arieth » Logged
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 March 09, 04:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started my game up for first time since Sunday. I updated to the newest test version of AM and still got the CTD after a minute of playing. I will reload and see if fixall corrects the issue.

Edit: Using fixall the game still crashed after a few mins of sim time passed.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 09, 05:36:36 by mandababy » Logged
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012 March 09, 05:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using AM March 5 test file but it causes the game to hang on the first loading screen and there it remains until I control, alt, delete.  All my games are legitimate copies and updated to the latest patch. Have ST installed and all caches were deleted, several times.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 March 09, 07:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately the test files are in test for a reason =(. I couldn't be on 1.31 and use the test files as well. I was forced to reinstall Sims 3 and upgrade to 1.29.

But I guess redownload everything and make sure framework is installed correctly. If not then just reinstall and upgrade to 1.29 and wait until J. M. Pescado releases a base/stable version of 1.31.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 March 09, 09:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is stable with the test version. I believe this is the case for others also. What other CC or mods are you using? Have you tried completely vanilla? Then with just AM?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 March 09, 09:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is working now, not sure what changed.
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 March 11, 17:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out what was causing AM to hang at the first loading screen and it was Anach's No Intro that was conflicting with AM. I know AM is in testing and Anach hasn't updated his mods yet, but maybe someone else might find this information useful.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012 March 11, 21:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out what was causing AM to hang at the first loading screen and it was Anach's No Intro that was conflicting with AM. I know AM is in testing and Anach hasn't updated his mods yet, but maybe someone else might find this information useful.

Out of date mods can cause problems.  Who knew?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012 March 12, 00:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So just use the MTS no intro mod, it doesn't need updating with every patch.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012 March 12, 01:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pescado is still paying attention, I'd like to ask him something.

When you first looked into this issue, the game was crashing within seconds in Live Mode. With the newest Test version this is no longer the issue. However, one afternoon, I had played for about 4 hours with no hiccups. I was in the middle of a bachelor party when out of nowhere the mysterious "Sims has stopped working" popped up again. I'm starting to think this has to do with the save file you're playing on, and not the game. I get this from looking back at another exampl of this I experience during 1.29. At the time I had one sim and his little pet kitten. Nothing special. When I loaded the save, the game would work as normal. My Sim would go to work at the hospital, and about midway through his shift, it would crash. I tried not going to work. Crashed again. Whatever is causing these mysterious crashes affects the save file you're playing on in my hypothesis.

If you could put it layman's terms, what exactly was the issue that was causing these crashes when you first looked into it?

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
kuanzc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012 March 14, 12:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having problem with AwesomeMod and will CTD after about 30mins of playing. The time for it to crash is quite random though. One thing I notice is, it always crash when I am playing the live mode. While in other mode, it doesn't crash before.

Then I tried playing without AwesomeMod and I could play like forever...

Btw, I am using v1.32 patch and with the latest AwesomeMod too(I assume v1.32 is the latest one, right?). This has happen since I first install Sims 3 and AwesomeMod which is v1.29.

I put awesomemod in a sub folder though, if that makes a difference...
« Last Edit: 2012 March 14, 12:55:02 by kuanzc » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: