More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:24:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  CTD after 10 seconds of playing (Not on Loading screen)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CTD after 10 seconds of playing (Not on Loading screen)  (Read 28396 times)
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
CTD after 10 seconds of playing (Not on Loading screen)
« on: 2012 March 04, 19:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gone through quite a few pages and can't seem to find anyone with this problem.

This morning I got Sims 3 along with all expansions installed, I ran the launcher once to update the game, downloaded a 1 gig patch, once that was finished I came here and downloaded the AwesomeMod Auto Updater, it gave me FPSLimit, 3booter, the test version of 1.31 and framework, it installed, I ran the game, everything is looking smooth, I created my Sim, created my pet, picked the House I always pick in Sunset Valley, and everything is still looking smooth, pet my dog, go inside, and in exactly the same amount of time (roughly, give or take a few seconds) the game crashes to desktop, I can't get past this certain spot. I tried remaking my sim completely, making a new game completely but with my Pet, without a Pet, same issue happens.

I tried reinstalling AwesomeMod, I tried installing it the old way by putting the Mods folder in each directory of Sims 3 expansions. I even tried downloading a No cd crack to see if it works but that just crashes my game instantly so I deleted that garbage off my computer.

I couldn't find anything on a certain expansion not working with AwesomeMod except for something with Pets but that was last year but figured that issue will be fixed by now.

Any insight on this issue? Is it in fact an expansion I have installed that is causing this issue?
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: CTD after 10 seconds of playing (Not on Loading screen)
« Reply #1 on: 2012 March 04, 20:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually. The game just freezes and not CTDs but I'm forced to CTRL ALT DEL but once my task manger comes up then the game gets a message "Game is not responding" then it closes.

Should I just reinstall Sims 3 and update to patch 1.29 instead of 1.31? Is this the issue?

And for anyone wondering  my computer is pretty beefy. (I know my Processor is crap, I want to get a 2600k >.>)

Phenom 1090T 6 cores 4.0 ghz Water cooled
8 gigs of 1600 ram
EVGA Geforce 560 TI Overclocked to 950/1900/2149
Mushkin SSD 120 gig along with 4 other harddrives coming out to a total of 3 TB of space
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 04, 21:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the exact same issue. I can spend all the time in the world in CAS, Build, Buy, even in Edit Town. But if I want to go into Live Mode and.. you know, play the game I paid for? We can't have that now can we? We're gonna have to crash your game and dump you back to the desktop.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 04, 22:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I tried searching for "1.31" nothing came up but then I just searched for "patch 1.31" and something actually came up, it was exciting!

Apparently there are issues with 1.31 in general so I'm just gonna uninstall and reinstall everything.

Quick question, Is there a faster way of updating Sims 3 without manually downloading every minor patch increment until you reach what you want?

Or will I have to suffer ;_;
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 March 04, 22:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ignore my previous "Quick Question" apparently there are "Cumulative" patches. They didn't have these when I last played Sims 3, or if they did they were very well hidden because I tried searching for these before =(.

Anyways thanks for the no help! =P

I'll keep you guys updated on my situation after I reinstall everything.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 March 05, 00:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything, updated to 1.29, installed AwesomeMod. Been playing for a little bit without any crashes! Woohoo!

Thanks brain! You're welcome, Arieth! =P
Tamalain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 March 05, 00:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wife has same issues.  She said screw it and moved out of Sunset valley and almost all the CTD issues went away.  It is the map that is at issue.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 March 05, 01:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wife has same issues.  She said screw it and moved out of Sunset valley and almost all the CTD issues went away.  It is the map that is at issue.

Not quite friend. I only play in Twinbrook and it still crashes for me.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 March 05, 02:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having this issue all weekend, different neighborhoods, different people. I just decided to give it up and wait for the actual ep to come out and hope everything is all updated and fixed by then.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 March 05, 03:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arieth, have you tried taking a bath with a plugged-in toaster?  That might help with that nervous tic you have that keeps making you double-post.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 March 05, 03:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeromycraig, with how dead these forums seem to be nowadays I didn't think it mattered =P.

Might as well keep making new posts so people that viewed my thread before can see that it's updated instead of me editing the same post and they not know =).

Anyways, how I fixed this issue is I reinstalled my game and updated to 1.29.

Hope you guys can fix your problem!
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 March 05, 03:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I re-installed twice, but it still crashes with the newest patch. I've seen others post about it as well, guess it is an issue with the 1.31 patch itself from what I've read.
Demise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 March 05, 04:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I might ask, are the people who are having issues with the game freezing/crashing using legitimate or arrrr'd versions of the game?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 March 05, 04:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeromycraig, with how dead these forums seem to be nowadays I didn't think it mattered =P.

Might as well keep making new posts so people that viewed my thread before can see that it's updated instead of me editing the same post and they not know =).

Anyways, how I fixed this issue is I reinstalled my game and updated to 1.29.

Hope you guys can fix your problem!

No, precious, you don't fucking double post, period, even if it is to make sure that everyone sees the all-too-important new information of "I'M FINE NOW, TEE HEE!"  There is a FAQ about posting.  Read it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 March 05, 04:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shrug* Anyway, It does seem to be an issue with 1.31 because my friend is also experiencing the same problem.

If you need a link to the 1.29 patch here it is for anyone that was looking for it. Just don't  update via the launcher after you reinstall or update in general via the launcher =P

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/sims3/patch.html
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 March 05, 05:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shrug* Anyway, It does seem to be an issue with 1.31 because my friend is also experiencing the same problem.

If you need a link to the 1.29 patch here it is for anyone that was looking for it. Just don't  update via the launcher after you reinstall or update in general via the launcher =P

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/sims3/patch.html

Isn't this the same tardly advice someone gave not too long ago about the last patch? :/
« Last Edit: 2012 March 05, 14:24:35 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 March 05, 06:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sort of.  Not too long ago, ItchyNTardly was telling people not to patch with 1.29.  Sparklypoo here is having problems with 1.31, from what I've gathered from how she has painstakingly kept us informed of every step of the process.  Since I just upgraded to 1.31 and played for a few hours without a hitch -- and I have a ton of cc, but I made sure it was patch-compatible -- I'm guessing the problem is tight pants.

Aquifel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 March 05, 06:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have same issue, about 10-20 seconds, if awesomemod is installed, game crashes, if awesomemod is removed, it keeps going as usual for hours and hours.  1.29 had no issue, it only started when i upgraded to 1.31 and updated awesomemod to test version.  I can sit in build/buy mode as long as i want without issue, it usually crashes right after a few new wishes show up upon starting a new household, no clue why on already established households.

Also, problem existed, in my version, in twinbrook, barnacle bay, lunar lakes, and hidden springs, have not tested others.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 March 05, 13:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is why the 1.31 version is in the TEST folder and not released. I will examine what it is that crashes. Do you know what you were doing at the time that may have crashed?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 March 05, 13:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is why the 1.31 version is in the TEST folder and not released. I will examine what it is that crashes. Do you know what you were doing at the time that may have crashed?

I haven't actually tested in other neighborhoods, but basically as long as you aren't in Live Mode, the game will go on for as long as you'd like. Once you're in Live Mode, it only takes seconds. My household was just one YA Sim and his dog, and they didn't do anything unusual. I can go back into the game and see if this rings true for other households/neighborhoods.

Also noting I'm playing a legitimate copy of the game, but all my store content is Arrr'd.

UPDATE: Tried using a pre-made family in Twinbrook. Took longer before it crashed, but same result. Switched over to Sunset Valley (wretch) and tried the Alvis. Crashed again. It seems like it affects every family and household in the game.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 05, 19:36:02 by Turd Ferguson » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 March 05, 15:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a vague idea what may be causing the problem and will release an update as soon as I kill this OTHER annoying bug where it is now UNPAUSING my game when I start.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 March 05, 18:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new sim, and I'd just let time go by hitting 2 or 3 and my sim would automate to reading a book, or sometimes I had him petting the dog and the game would crash, but it'll always be in the same amount of time, a max of maybe 10 seconds would pass by, didn't really matter what my sim was doing, it would always crash.

EDIT: Yes, as a previous poster said. Being in Build mode or creating a sim or just waiting around at a menu the game wouldn't crash. It'll start crashing as soon as you let a few seconds go by in Live Mode. I'm still getting some crashes on 1.29 but that's after a while of playing but i've always had to deal with those kind of crashes so it's no biggy, I just save on a regular basis and restart my game when it starts to seem like it's slowing down or stuttering when the time is fast forwarding.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 March 06, 07:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Verify that this continues to occur in the latest test update.

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 March 06, 17:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, so good. It didn't immediately crash. This game always has little gremlins hiding somewhere though. I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: After nearly a full afternoon of play I haven't run into any major game breaking bugs. Hats off to Pescado.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 06, 22:45:38 by Turd Ferguson » Logged

Arieth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 March 07, 02:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so the problem returned. In Sunset Valley, my game started to get really REALLY choppy when increasing speeds with 2-3 keys and it became unbearable and it would also crash a lot more often than usual. So I remade my sim on the town appaloosa plains to see if the problem was with Sunset Valley. Game started off normal, no issues. After an hour of play my game crashed and would keep crashing at the same spot just like the problem I was having with 1.31.

So I ended up turning off the AwesomeMod Story Progression with the AwesomeMod Config file generator on this website, replacing my old config and when I remade my Sim again on Appaloosa plains my game was running smoother and better than ever before. I played for about 5-7 hours straight without a single stutter, lag spike or crash.

Is there something I'm doing wrong when activating the AwesomeMod Story Progression? I left everything else default, I just turned off the story progression via the config file. Should I be turning off the Story Progression in-game in the options for the AwesomeMod Story Progression to work fine? I've seen nothing like that on these forums.

I don't have any other mods, just AwesomeMod and whatever else was given to me via the AwesomeMod Auto Updater, NoBuildSparkles, NoGreenHair, NoIntro, RuleOf6, StrayGnomeFix, 3booter, and FPS Limiter.

Should I remove everything except for AweConf and Awesome.package and try again?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: