More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:11:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)  (Read 77536 times)
Starwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.31
« Reply #75 on: 2012 March 07, 08:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has zero interest in providing things for people without internetz.  They're pushing for online functionality in all their games, and shoehorning in multiplayer wherever possible.

True! Although they should be more interested in those people, as they are the ones that are less likely to have ARR the game.

They are also less likely to buy the overpriced but highly profitable (for EA) store stuff. So again EA doesn't care since they won't make money.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2012 March 07, 11:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsport is just having a random sim come to your town to perform a show, or have your sim go to someone elses town and perform. Totally non-interactive. All I suppose you can do is customize the venue.

Once I have Showtime arr'd I'll see if my registered TS3 base game will be able to simport.

What? Where did you get this info? SimsVIP couldn't Simport because she had the game installed but it would not register. I'm pretty sure the registration is needed since you'll be using EA's server. Your sims can go watch someone else's sim perform and if you're both playing at the same time, every interaction you have with the sim will be reported to its owner. Unless you manage to set up a private server you won't be able to Simport. Furthermore the sims aren't random. You actually need to send a request and have someone accept it in 24 hours or you won't get the stamp.

People have reported issues though like going to see a show but the stage being empty and dark, yet the game reporting it as a success and sims resetting after using Simport.

ETA: In other news, apparently those using simport will end up with said sim in their simbin and cc does get through.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 07, 12:23:48 by virgali » Logged

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2012 March 07, 15:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: In other news, apparently those using simport will end up with said sim in their simbin and cc does get through.

I wonder how long it will take before people start bitching and complaining that some bad CC or a corrupted sim from someone else has ruined their game.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2012 March 07, 15:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this is why you don't let random idiots link to your computer.  You should make people SIGN IN BLOOD that they promise they don't own any Peggy hurs before you let them in.  And wear an internet condom.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2012 March 07, 16:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'll have to pass on this feature.  I don't connect to the internetz when I play period.

meh.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2012 March 07, 18:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? Where did you get this info?

I got my info from a Sims 3 producer video for what you can do I guess for a simport feature. However as you said, EA fucked it up. It'll be like that Doll shit all over again.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2012 March 07, 18:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? Where did you get this info?

I got my info from a Sims 3 producer video for what you can do I guess for a simport feature. However as you said, EA fucked it up. It'll be like that Doll shit all over again.

All LIES and propaganda! They also said that there would not be any actual file transfer happening. Well not only do you get the file but it also installs itself. You can read more about it here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/03/simport-sending-sims-and-custom-content.html

Even if you don't get bad cc, you'll have to manually delete every sim that simported to your world. People also said that every time they sent out a simport request that failed, their sim got uploaded into their launcher.

I was going to try out simport while I wait for a modder to unlock the rewards but I changed my mind.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2012 March 07, 19:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simport works for a game that only has TS3 registered.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012 March 07, 21:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simport works for a game that only has TS3 registered.

Yes! So they lied about that too. Could you elaborate on how you tested this?

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2012 March 07, 21:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent a request to a friend on my Sims list for them to send a sim over for a performance, then I sent a sim over to their hood for them to do a performance. It worked. Mind you I was logged into the game, since I only have TS3 registered.

Of course SimsVIP lied about the SimPort feature. The only things you need to register for are the incentive items. I have them working without registering them regardless.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012 March 07, 21:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent a request to a friend on my Sims list for them to send a sim over for a performance, then I sent a sim over to their hood for them to do a performance. It worked. Mind you I was logged into the game, since I only have TS3 registered.

Of course SimsVIP lied about the SimPort feature. The only things you need to register for are the incentive items. I have them working without registering them regardless.

SimsVIP didn't lie. I'm sure she simply didn't try because I have several SimGurus going on record that you must have Showtime registered to be able to simport. Either way I'm glad you tried it and it worked. So we better spread the word before more people waste their money on a second game while they live in the same house and are already sharing TS3 among themselves.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2012 March 07, 22:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course a SimGuru who is being paid by EA will say you MUST have it registered. It's how they get their paycheque afterall.

Now, mind you I only tested with someone who does have Showtime Registered on my account which is not registered with Showtime, and it was only to one person. I'd want to try to test with someone who just has one game registered that's not showtime and try to do the same thing.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012 March 07, 22:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just in:

SimGuruSNelson: Hi Simmers. I wanted to let you know that we are releasing a Game Update very soon that will provide a solution to prevent any custom, user-created content from being installed in the host's game when using SimPort. Additionally, this Game Update will ensure any files associated with a visiting Sim are not saved to a player's system permanently.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are reading all of your posts and will continue to provide solutions as quickly as possible.

Of course a SimGuru who is being paid by EA will say you MUST have it registered. It's how they get their paycheque afterall.

Now, mind you I only tested with someone who does have Showtime Registered on my account which is not registered with Showtime, and it was only to one person. I'd want to try to test with someone who just has one game registered that's not showtime and try to do the same thing.

It doesn't matter. Graham said you need both registered so I assume that as long as you have the game installed and any game registered to the account Simport will work. I would love to test this with you but I don't have the game yet and it'll probably arrive tomorrow so I see no point in arring it now.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 08, 00:14:21 by virgali » Logged

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2012 March 07, 23:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just in:

SimGuruSNelson: Hi Simmers. I wanted to let you know that we are releasing a Game Update very soon that will provide a solution to prevent any custom, user-created content from being installed in the host's game when using SimPort. Additionally, this Game Update will ensure any files associated with a visiting Sim are not saved to a player's system permanently.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are reading all of your posts and will continue to provide solutions as quickly as possible.

Well that sounds good, the moment I heard about the SimPort importing custom CC I was like "well screw that", now I can safely do it. - Or not...trying to be forced into using Origin. Are you using Origin? If not, how did you bypass it?
« Last Edit: 2012 March 07, 23:53:55 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2012 March 08, 00:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to do further SimPort testing. Stay tuned.

Edit: I'd be easier if I actually had someone else to do focused testing with. Argh.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 08, 01:34:40 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2012 March 08, 02:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to do further SimPort testing. Stay tuned.

Edit: I'd be easier if I actually had someone else to do focused testing with. Argh.

I would but this torrent is jumping from 9 kb/s up to 600 and then down again, so I don't see me with this game anytime soon...

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012 March 08, 02:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have successfully sent a Sim on tour via Simport.

Now I need to see if I can receive someone via SimPort
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2012 March 08, 03:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And with only TS3 registered, I got this. And yes, there was a Sim put in my downloads folder and a saved sim as well. Sim contained custom content so EA needs to fix that shit.

However once they fix the importing and remove the sims being added to your bin and the CC, that'll be good. My test was to prove that I can use SimPort. I did tests with more than 3 people. First time I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or not, since I had a sim appear to perform at a venue, and I wasn't sure if the Sim actually went off the first time. When I replicated it twice with different people, I call that verifying that it works.
If it changes when they release the hotfix, I'll let here know. But as it stands, you do not need to buy two copies of the game for two people in the same house to use SimPort.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 08, 05:23:02 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2012 March 08, 05:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And with only TS3 registered, I got this. And yes, there was a Sim put in my downloads folder and a saved sim as well. Sim contained custom content so EA needs to fix that shit.
*snip*

According to virgali:

So I guess this will be out soonish, I'm not going to touch SimPort until that is done, 20 minutes until I can play this game.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2012 March 08, 15:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have a kinda workaround for the other items being installed. The sims3pack that the game downloads to you will install items to your dcdb0.dbc file. I have it copied over to a different folder so that when I'm done playing for the time, I just copy it back over and delete the download and the savedsims. That way I'll not get the stupid custom content that people seem to enjoy so much. Seriously, someone had belly rings in a sim they sent to me.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2012 March 08, 18:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, someone had belly rings in a sim they sent to me.

THE HORROR!  Were you able to see their sim's NAVEL?  Did you properly avert your eyes from their shame?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2012 March 08, 18:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, someone had belly rings in a sim they sent to me.

THE HORROR!  Were you able to see their sim's NAVEL?  Did you properly avert your eyes from their shame?

Nope, it was covered by a dress. Thank god.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.32
« Reply #97 on: 2012 March 09, 03:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Patch 1.32 out, fixes the SimPort/CC problems.

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=2&selYear=2012#-425390288

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2012 March 09, 07:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have showtime installed along with the test version of AM,the celebrity star thing is no longer there when I hover my mouse pointer over my sim.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2012 March 09, 09:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Waiting for links to patch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: