More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:54:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Clean Slate: Wonderful Relationship Fixer or Ruins Pregnancy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clean Slate: Wonderful Relationship Fixer or Ruins Pregnancy?  (Read 16053 times)
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Clean Slate: Wonderful Relationship Fixer or Ruins Pregnancy?
« on: 2012 February 06, 08:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone has tested out something about the Clean Slate lifetime reward. It works(supposedly) by wiping all the recorded days of your Sims relationships, but has anyone by chance tried using it when one or several female Sims involved with your Sim were pregnant?

I was bored and decided to have my Sim woo and impregnate all the women in a family, and at some point I know it's going to bite me in the ass. I want the pregnancies to continue because my town is underpopulated and they're all decently made Sims with desirable traits and they can certainly afford/have the space to support the kids.

So does anyone know if the Clean Slate lifetime reward destroys any pregnancies created by the relationships?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Clean Slate: Wonderful Relationship Fixer or Ruins Pregnancy?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 06, 13:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I have any constructive answer to offer - but why would you think that it might do such a thing?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 06, 13:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No particular reason, I'm just a bit paranoid that since it wipes the relationship memories so cleanly it might wipe the evidence too, like a baby from someone you never remember even kissing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 06, 13:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried, I dunno, testing it?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 06, 14:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I did then hopefully I wouldn't have made a thread asking for the answer to a question that I already knew. So, no.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 06, 15:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I did then hopefully I wouldn't have made a thread asking for the answer to a question that I already knew. So, no.

If you want to be completely safe, maybe you should just start a new game and test it there? I doubt anyone here will do it for you.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 06, 15:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to be completely safe, maybe you should just start a new game and test it there? I doubt anyone here will do it for you.
Didn't really expect someone to do it for me, just figured I would ask in case someone already had and knew the result. I'll probably make a new game and test it out but I figured I would give this thread a day.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 February 06, 15:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnancies don't just "abort" when buying a lifetime wish. Clean Slate destroys past "reputation". If your Sim is marked as one of the game's definitions for being a cheater then this is what the lifetime wish does. Don't hold it against me, however: cheating is banished from my Sim games (unless I feel sadistic).

Save your game first, cheat your way to the lifetime points, grab the reward, test it, and see if it works or not. Yay, so much simpler than you'd imagined.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 February 11, 15:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnancy is not actually a romantic relationship, so is completely unaffected in any event. I'm not even sure that perk even removes the actual romances.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 February 11, 16:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I used it was when two Sims with maxed out relationship kept succeeding at becoming boy/girlfriend but immediately and (for a while) mysteriously dropping that back to romantic interest due to one having a reputation.

Clean Slate killed the reputation so the new relationship state would stick.  This led me to believe reputations in Sims 3 are stupid.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 February 13, 15:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean Slate does remove old romantic interests. If you dropoldloves to remove them, it will affect your reputation. The reputation system is so unbelievably stupid.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 February 13, 19:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reputation system is so unbelievably stupid.

Did you actually expect anything less from EAxis?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 February 19, 06:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean Slate does remove old romantic interests. If you dropoldloves to remove them, it will affect your reputation. The reputation system is so unbelievably stupid.

Agreed there, my sim female got classed as "Naughty" for apparently hugging another male sim that was not her husband.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 February 19, 17:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed there, my sim female got classed as "Naughty" for apparently hugging another male sim that was not her husband.

My sim got labeled for having a friend sim over at her house. They didn't even interact, the friend sim just went and slept inside of a sarcophagus she had on display in her house. The next morning, she has a naughty reputation.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 February 19, 18:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reputation isn't broken, it's just annoyingly true to how gossipy and small-minded people are in real life.  Tongue

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: