More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:32:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Attraction Scores?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Attraction Scores?  (Read 16621 times)
phedge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Attraction Scores?
« on: 2005 December 01, 15:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After taking a look at a disassembled version of the AttractionScores.ObjLua I am left wondering, has Pescado waded through this mess and can he give a clear picture of how attraction scores are calculated?  I see that zodiac signs, aspirations, and personality traits (Nice, Neat, Playful, Outgoing, and Active) are all pulled into the calculation but I am unsure as to how they affect it.  Do zodiac signs use the standard attract/repel guidelines?  What aspirations attract/repel?  How much do personal traits play a role?  If someone can point me in the right direction that would be most appreciated.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Attraction Scores?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 01, 16:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of this info is in the NL Prima Guide, I'll look it up tonight if someone else doesn't have it handy!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 01, 17:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It confuses me a lot.  I have this couple in Uni and they vary between two and three bolts, even though nothing changes between them.  It seems to be that the lose a bolt when they don't communicate for a while, but whether that's the only reason or it's more complex than that, I don't know.  I just wish they'd allow for the attraction of opposites - a lot of my original couples were like that and with Uni they have no bolts at all.  I have always ended-up with my opposite in real-life (bloody Taurus men - grrrrrrrr) and it's definitely the most powerful attraction, but it isn't allowed for in the game at all.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 01, 17:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It confuses me a lot.  I have this couple in Uni and they vary between two and three bolts, even though nothing changes between them.  It seems to be that the lose a bolt when they don't communicate for a while, but whether that's the only reason or it's more complex than that, I don't know.  I just wish they'd allow for the attraction of opposites - a lot of my original couples were like that and with Uni they have no bolts at all.  I have always ended-up with my opposite in real-life (bloody Taurus men - grrrrrrrr) and it's definitely the most powerful attraction, but it isn't allowed for in the game at all.

It could be related to their turns on, for example if one of them is turned on by underwear you will have 3 bolts temporary appearing until the Sim change into other clothes.  I notice that the game will change automatically for the strongest attraction weither or not the 2 Sims feels the same way.  What I mean is that the one that is turn-on by underwear should have the 3 bolts appearing temporary, but how come the one wearing underwear have also 3 bolts appearing? That does not really make sense.  I really must pay more attention to weither or not my controllable Sims will display the same attractions for each other or not.  If so, the system is not working properly, they should not display the same amount of bolts.  Ok let's say I have a couple which are 1 popularity and 1 family Sim.  Popularity Sim is neutral to family but family is bad with popularity so they should not have the same amount of bolts for each other.  Now let's add that one is a gemini and the other one is an aries.  Aries are strongly attracted to gemini but gemini are repelled by aries, how many bolts will they have?  Will they both display the same number of bolts?  Which of them is consider to evaluated the number of bolts showing.  If we make them live together will the number of bolts change (I do think so)?

It is really hard to determine which factor is the most important.  But yes, zodiac signs and aspiration compatibility is a factor and turnons/off.  Let me give you an example that kind of made me wonder how does this whole attraction system works:

I have a couple which is a family Sim and romance Sim (which are 2 aspiration that are not suppose to go well together), they do have on both side strong zodiac compatibility and only 1 of the turn-on is match, well they have 2 bolts for each other which I find weird.  For me so far I would say the number 1 thing it checks is zodiac signs if it match well, then it will check the aspiration and finally the turn-on/turn-off but then again for another couple it could be completely different.  Whatever subject your Sim likes to talk about as no effect on weither a Sim will be attracting or not.

But on the other hand, I think when you scope a room it will mainly look at the turnons/off.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 01, 17:44:33 by MissDoh » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 01, 18:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the odd thing with my YA's - as I said, nothing is changing.  She is attracted to brown hair and fitness (he is fully fit and hasn't gone down a jot), he is attracted to hats & glasses, which she permanently wears.  I noticed that when she met someone else she had 3 bolts for instantly, she lost a bolt with the other one, then got it back when the new guy left and she spoke to the other one.  Perhaps she's just flighty.

Also, whenever she goes to class, he makes a point of flirting with the other YA in the dorm who he has 2 bolts with (they are all Knowledge).  She got a crush on him when he did this, but he didn't get one on her.  When the 3-bolt girl came back, he started flirting with her, but the other one didn't bat an eyelid - normally they react.  So now he has a mutual crush on the 3-bolter and the 2-bolter has a crush on him.  He's going to have to make his mind-up quickly because he's graduated and when he goes back to the neighbourhood he's going to be worth several hundred thousand simoleans with the house he's got waiting and all the money he has gaining oodles of interest in the bank.  He needs to choose his future wife wisely!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 01, 19:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think on the 2 bolt, 3 bolt underwear thing, maybe the sim wearing the underwear already has the three bolts for mr. underwear fetish sim, but it drops back to 2 bolts when they change clothes because it take the max amount they both have in common...I hope that makes sense!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 01, 20:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I want to mate two sims, I do it with the SimPe (less headacke), concentrating on 4 areas:

1) Zodiac fit, as given in the Official Guide.
2) Same interests.
3) Same turn-ons and offs.
4) More or less close enough personality traits (for instance: 5 neat, 8 nice, etc).

Thus I get all the time 3 bolts between the two, and never get it with other sims.

Simple as that...Smiley.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 01, 20:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I want to mate two sims, I do it with the SimPe (less headacke), concentrating on 4 areas:

1) Zodiac fit, as given in the Official Guide.
2) Same interests.
3) Same turn-ons and offs.
4) More or less close enough personality traits (for instance: 5 neat, 8 nice, etc).

Thus I get all the time 3 bolts between the two, and never get it with other sims.

Simple as that...Smiley.

Oh, so according to this, the aspiration would not really have any effect on attraction system?  Huh
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 01, 20:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooops!!! - Sorry, forgot about the aspirations...Smiley.

But the fit is as said in the Official Guide too: pleasure->pleasure, knowledge->knowledge, etc.

This makes 5 areas...Smiley.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 01, 21:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the odd thing with my YA's - as I said, nothing is changing.  She is attracted to brown hair and fitness (he is fully fit and hasn't gone down a jot), he is attracted to hats & glasses, which she permanently wears.  I noticed that when she met someone else she had 3 bolts for instantly, she lost a bolt with the other one, then got it back when the new guy left and she spoke to the other one.  Perhaps she's just flighty.

Don't hats and glasses come off when the sim is in pajamas or swimwear or nude? I thought I had noticed this affecting someone's attraction somewhere in my game (losing a bolt while the partner was showering, because they didn't have their hat on or whatever).

Edit: If you meant she actually keeps them on while sleeping, swimming and showering, then never mind. But I had no idea you could do that with glasses. Can you really? (I have one sim who sorely needs glasses as he was fathered by the llama dude and ended up with a unibrow. Actually I have a couple of those, but the second one isn't the son of a llama.)
« Last Edit: 2005 December 02, 04:13:37 by katemonster » Logged
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 01, 21:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, how did you set your sim to "permanently wear" hats or glasses? I've been wanting to do this forever.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 02, 02:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(bloody Taurus men - grrrrrrrr)

Tongue
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 02, 03:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the fit is as said in the Official Guide too: pleasure->pleasure, knowledge->knowledge, etc.

. Ironically my best fits aspiration  wise are Romance/Popularity  ,Family/Knowledge, Pleasure/fortune. worst fits are Knowledge or Family with Romance  and Knowledge /fortune.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 02, 04:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prima guide says that the bolts thing is the average of attraction between two sims.

Personally, I do prefer it that way, because if I want to get two sims together, I like to know what they are going to be like as a couple and not have to work it out, particularly if one of the sims is a townie, and you can't see in-game what level of attraction they have to another sim - you can only find out what #bolts a playable sim has (unless you do non-standard things, like go to SimPE, or other ways) - so to just look at one sim's number of bolts lets me know what two sims would be like as a couple.

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 02, 04:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. Ironically my best fits aspiration  wise are Romance/Popularity  ,Family/Knowledge, Pleasure/fortune. worst fits are Knowledge or Family with Romance  and Knowledge /fortune.

In my case it is different, I have a 2 bolts couple that are family/romance... I still don't fully understand why lol.

Anyhow, because of that, I don't really put much attention to that whole attraction thing, I still match the Sims I want  Grin  sometimes it takes longer but it still works.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 02, 20:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that the most important thing is that they are really good friends and share similar interests, even one lightning bolt is enough then.  And I've had romance and Family sims who have three for each other,  so I don't think the aspiration is all that important!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 02, 21:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that the most important thing is that they are really good friends and share similar interests, even one lightning bolt is enough then.  And I've had romance and Family sims who have three for each other,  so I don't think the aspiration is all that important!
in my game Ive found it makes a difference. as well as trying to match zodiac compatibility and interests .one bolt in my game rarely ever does well in the long term committments

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 02, 21:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know, I think it depends, just like it does in RL!  But it's interesting, if they only have one, then you get the family pic on loading with the "cheating" V sign, and not just from romance sims!  Yet I have a couple, she's pleasure and he's romance, and he doesn't display that sign (they have either 2 or 3 for each other, can't remember which) whereas good little family sim John Burke (burb) does!  (Plus he's forever on the prowl, and any new arrivals, he's there in the welcoming committee all ready to wiegh up the possibilities!  Creep!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 02, 23:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, how did you set your sim to "permanently wear" hats or glasses? I've been wanting to do this forever.

Er ... well ... er ... let's just say I've worked out now why the 3rd bolt keeps disappearing and returning.  I think the word for it is "Duh" ...

I take it you're one?  Of course, for the situation to be really dire it has to be a left-handed Taurus man, using no artificial smelly stuff of any kind whatsoever, instead relying purely on his pheremones (of which most Taurean men have a plentiful supply, ditto most left-handed men).  Don Lothario is a leftie, you know, I can tell.  I can always pick them out.  And yes, I do have a thing about left-handed men ... they're more virile, doncha know?  Look, there are worse things.  With my best friend at school it was ears and then there's my friend Melanie whose poor husband had to buy a pair of glasses with clear lenses to use as a sex toy ...

POST ABRUPTLY CUT SHORT AS WRITER OF SAME NEEDS COLD SHOWER.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 03, 00:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know, I think it depends, just like it does in RL!  But it's interesting, if they only have one, then you get the family pic on loading with the "cheating" V sign, and not just from romance sims!  Yet I have a couple, she's pleasure and he's romance, and he doesn't display that sign (they have either 2 or 3 for each other, can't remember which) whereas good little family sim John Burke (burb) does!  (Plus he's forever on the prowl, and any new arrivals, he's there in the welcoming committee all ready to wiegh up the possibilities!  Creep!)
Could be worse you could have Pescado in your welcoming commitee constantly like I get

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 03, 01:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't - I didn't download him yet! Roll Eyes

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 03, 01:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't - I didn't download him yet! Roll Eyes
I did and the grouchy old goat shows up at all new sims houses  Roll Eyes

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 03, 01:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, John seems to have stopped coming lately, now its Nylissit and one of my own sims, Samantha Wilde, who keep arriving and staying for a couple of days in the hot tub!  They come out to be fed, then straight back in!  But I just moved brandi, Skip and the two younger sons to a new house, Mortimer came as well, and within five sim minutes he had Brandi in tears and now she's Furious!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 03, 01:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, John seems to have stopped coming lately, now its Nylissit and one of my own sims, Samantha Wilde, who keep arriving and staying for a couple of days in the hot tub!  They come out to be fed, then straight back in!  But I just moved brandi, Skip and the two younger sons to a new house, Mortimer came as well, and within five sim minutes he had Brandi in tears and now she's Furious!!
Brandi In My Game is Married  to a man named Grant Tatterton and pregnant with their first child and she has 3 grandchildren and 2 grown twin sons in my game. Mortimer doesnt live in my neighborhood

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 03, 03:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the "V" sign means they are cheating or want to cheat.  That's just a playful gesture called "rabbit ears."  People do it to each other all the time, for pictures and stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: