More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:39:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Multiple Graphics/Performance Issues on Mac; Please Help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Multiple Graphics/Performance Issues on Mac; Please Help  (Read 29201 times)
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Multiple Graphics/Performance Issues on Mac; Please Help
« on: 2012 January 13, 06:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've already posted a few things about graphics problems, however they are getting increasingly worse, even after I paid Apple Care $400 to replace my entire graphics system and put in a new graphics card, andshit like this keeps happening, every 10 minutes or so.
 But only when I'm in Plan Outfit and Change Appearance screen. The icons of the objects glitch, then my Sim glitches then I get a
"Exception Raised: Unwritten page fault access on write address ________ x __________. Do you wish to debug it?
" and whether I press yes or no, it shuts my game down.

This happens literally every time I play. I also noticed that my CC decides when it wants to work, and then randomly starts working again, but regardless my game doesn't stay on long enough to enjoy it.

Here's a snippet of what the Error Report from my Mac said, if you need the full, I'll just run the game for you and get a new one.

Process:         cider [4421]
Path:            /Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Pets.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
Identifier:      com.transgaming.thesims3ep05
Version:         1.0 (1.0)
Build Info:      Cedega-5.3~5.3
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  ??? [1]

Date/Time:       2012-01-13 00:58:08.001 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          122383 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           4
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  53661 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   3
Anonymous UUID:                      67E6FE54-73C2-4072-9A81-631EFEC0C5EB

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000ffdc5000
Crashed Thread:  67

Here's some examples of the shit I've been dealing with, which is making me want to rip my hair out.

If you could just give me even an idea, even if it's ass-backwards wrong, just let me know cause I'm getting kind of desperate for help cause no one at Mac has any experience with Sims.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 13, 06:20:37 by ohayitstiffanay » Logged

Fifteen bucks, little man, put that shit, in my hand, nog nog noganoga nognog.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Multiple Graphics/Performance Issues on Mac; Please Help
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 13, 07:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it have problems without CC?

Flowing with the go.
unknownlUser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 13, 07:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it have problems without the user? If someone else is to play or set things up?
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 13, 14:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Unknown|User I'm not sure, this is the only game that I have on here, cause frankly I'm scared to add anything else without this POS exploding.

@Neowulf I'm not completely sure, I will have to try that and get back to you sometime today.

ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 13, 16:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As selfish as this sounds, I'd really rather not NOT play without  custom content, the base game and expansions items are nauseating. Any ideas on maybe how I could fix this problem without removing the content?

I also googled this issue and found a site that suggested doing this:

"Ea support told me this (for MAC users only!):

1. Drag The Sims 3 icon from your desktop to the trash bin.   
2. Go to Users\[username]\Library\Preferences and delete the Sims 3 preferences folder if it appears.   
3. Go to Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts and move the Sims 3 folder to your desktop.   
4. Finally, go to Users\[username]\Applications and delete the Sims 3 folder there.   
5. Control-click on the trash bin and select Secure Deleted, restart your computer, and reinstall The Sims 3. "

But the person tried it and said it was still unsuccessful.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 January 13, 17:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As selfish as this sounds, I'd really rather not NOT play without  custom content, the base game and expansions items are nauseating. Any ideas on maybe how I could fix this problem without removing the content?

Why don't you just do some basic troubleshooting.  As was suggested, remove ALL CC and try running the game.  If it still causes problems, then try reinstalling the game.  If it works, add your CC back slowly until you find the problem.  I suspect it is a problem with bad CC.  No one has said you can't play without CC, just that it might be the problem.  Also, do the testing in a new game, just in case the old one is fucked up.

If you're unwilling to try basic troubleshooting without whining about how you can't/won't play without CC, then FUCK OFF and stop shitting everywhere.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 January 13, 17:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try that, after I just re-installed all of the mods I had in the game, such as a lighting/weather mod and " no intro" and removed things I don't need to survive in the game and I'll see if it worked.

If still a no go, I'll remove all of my 400+ CC items and go slowly.

ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 January 14, 00:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so I deleted what I though could've been the problem, and I didn't get the Exception Raised message, however I did get the Icon glitch, but it didn't crash. It crashed out of the blue with no notice about 30 minutes after that.

And here's a video of the kind of graphics problems I deal with. Has anybody even come close to a problem like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zxSylg5u4

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 January 14, 01:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting ALL your CC?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 January 14, 02:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, hell, just moving the folder and testing the game without it. You don't have to delete it all, if you have to have it.

Flowing with the go.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 January 14, 02:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, hell, just moving the folder and testing the game without it.
Why would one troubleshoot any other way?

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 January 14, 03:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, hell, just moving the folder and testing the game without it.
Why would one troubleshoot any other way?

Apparently tiffanay thinks deleting CC she arbitrarily decides might be a problem is an equally effective method.

Flowing with the go.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 January 14, 03:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was making those decisions based on mods that might conflict each other, items that needs meshes or outdated items. I wasn't just clicking with my eyes closed.

But it's not doing anything too harmful now... If it crashes again, I'll remove the CC and it put it back in piece by piece until I run into a problem, like you all suggested.

ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 January 14, 22:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I took out the CC completely, but then the game was really slow for some reason.

I added some CC in, just about 90 things, mostly clothing, hair and accessories and NO custom furniture and things were fine, but then the game crashes without warning now. There's no glitching or anything before it happens.

I also realized that every other time the game crashes, majority of the CC comes up invisible or broken.

Not sure what to do at this point, one causes insane lagging and slow speed it's un-playable and another makes a crash.
Either way, I can't play.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 January 15, 04:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I took out the CC completely, but then the game was really slow for some reason.

I added some CC in, just about 90 things, mostly clothing, hair and accessories and NO custom furniture and things were fine, but then the game crashes without warning now. There's no glitching or anything before it happens.

I also realized that every other time the game crashes, majority of the CC comes up invisible or broken.

Not sure what to do at this point, one causes insane lagging and slow speed it's un-playable and another makes a crash.
Either way, I can't play.

Thank god for that. Now go away.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 January 15, 21:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I was asking for was some suggestions, I don't see why I'm being shooed, damn.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 January 15, 23:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I was asking for was some suggestions, I don't see why I'm being shooed, damn.
Because you're an idiot?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 January 16, 22:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh right.

You'll have to forgive me, I thought this was a discussion site for Sims 3 problems.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 January 16, 22:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do people keep thinking that?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 January 16, 23:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Listen Stiffy, this is a mutual support group for persons of nominal technical ability combined with a Pescado amusement fight club. The title of the pages is not - 'We will hold the hands of the lazy, ignorant and less-than-intellegent' - it is 'More Awesome Than You.'

Think about it.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 January 18, 14:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because someone is "LOOKING FOR/NEEDING" something doesn't mean we are at all obligated to provide it.  You know who won't get sporked?  The person who demonstrates a modicum of competence and actually exhausts every other avenue before asking for help.  The person who has taken time to LURK MOAR and READ MOAR before posting.  The person who doesn't throw a whiny tantrum the first time he or she gets sporked.  The person who actually LEARNS from that initial sporking and Becomes Less Stupid.  But no, people come galumphing in here like a rhinoceros with an inner ear problem, lurching around and breaking things, asking questions that have been answered so many times that the regulars SCREAM OUT LOUD when we see them again, and just generally jumping up and down and screaming, "LOOK AT ME!  I'M A NOOB, AND I AM HERE TO CAST AN IRKSOME PALL ON YOUR DAY!"  This is frustrating enough without tard enablers swooping in to coddle them and reward their stupidity.

You and your idiot kind can get help at MTS or some other site that wilts away at the thought of being mean.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 January 18, 15:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people on this forum have actually helped me quite a bit.  I think actually reading the stickies about reading before posting were very helpful.  I still get sporked, but not roasted because I try to keep my stupid to myself.  You actually have to google the shit yourselves people, and use your damn head.  I don't think it's right to come to a forum and just demand that people do the work for you, then complain and whine when you get your ass handed back to you for acting like a jerk.  Sorry in advance to Rohina if I have misused or abused and commas in the typing of this post.

meh.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 January 18, 23:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people on this forum have actually helped me quite a bit.  I think actually reading the stickies about reading before posting were very helpful.  I still get sporked, but not roasted because I try to keep my stupid to myself.  You actually have to google the shit yourselves people, and use your damn head.  I don't think it's right to come to a forum and just demand that people do the work for you, then complain and whine when you get your ass handed back to you for acting like a jerk.  Sorry in advance to Rohina if I have misused or abused and commas in the typing of this post.

No, you don't get sporked because no one can be bothered to read your posts.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 January 19, 00:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tiffany needs help with scientific method and understanding how to approach troubleshooting.

Hey derpface, go read this thread.

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 January 19, 02:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you don't get sporked because no one can be bothered to read your posts.

Umm Sooze, you just did.

meh.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: