More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 05:25:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Installed awesomemod...now sims3 won't load
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installed awesomemod...now sims3 won't load  (Read 29431 times)
prettyevil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Installed awesomemod...now sims3 won't load
« Reply #25 on: 2012 April 25, 04:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, which framework method are you using?

I installed a slider hack core mod and it functioned just fine.

Framework fail is not the problem.

And no, I did not have the slider hack mod before; I installed it so I could still make sims while Awesome isn't working for me.

Continuing to beat the same drum and insist it is not framework fail is one sure way to fail to solve the problem.  Also, if the slider hack is a core mod, did you remove it before trying to run with AM?

Your reading skills suck, don't they? Because that post you quote clearly says 'I did not have the slider hack mod before' meaning Awesome was run by itself - obviously since I also said I had it running for over a year.

Framework.zip opened and installed into the Sims 3 folder. Game folder put into Sims 3 folder. Resource.cfg put into Mods folder. Only have one directory so no need to install in Expansion directories.

And again, the Framework has been working for over a year without fail and is working fine with a different core mod, so it's not framework fail. Beating the same drum and insisting it is what it's not is a sure way to fail to solve the problem.

And I redownloaded it multiple times - 6 at least. So they're all corrupted or it's not corrupted.

I've moved on though. I've deleted all my Awesome worlds and cobbled together some Twallan mods to do the things I had Awesome doing before. I'm missing Awesome Story, but whatever.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 April 25, 19:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, which framework method are you using?

I installed a slider hack core mod and it functioned just fine.

Framework fail is not the problem.

And no, I did not have the slider hack mod before; I installed it so I could still make sims while Awesome isn't working for me.

Continuing to beat the same drum and insist it is not framework fail is one sure way to fail to solve the problem.  Also, if the slider hack is a core mod, did you remove it before trying to run with AM?

Your reading skills suck, don't they? Because that post you quote clearly says 'I did not have the slider hack mod before' meaning Awesome was run by itself - obviously since I also said I had it running for over a year.

Framework.zip opened and installed into the Sims 3 folder. Game folder put into Sims 3 folder. Resource.cfg put into Mods folder. Only have one directory so no need to install in Expansion directories.

And again, the Framework has been working for over a year without fail and is working fine with a different core mod, so it's not framework fail. Beating the same drum and insisting it is what it's not is a sure way to fail to solve the problem.

And I redownloaded it multiple times - 6 at least. So they're all corrupted or it's not corrupted.

I've moved on though. I've deleted all my Awesome worlds and cobbled together some Twallan mods to do the things I had Awesome doing before. I'm missing Awesome Story, but whatever.

Given that most people don't have any issues at all, it is obviously something you're doing wrong.  If you installed the framework.zip into the actual sims 3 game folders, then based on what you have said, you have framework fail. The resource.cfg only goes into the mods folder if you have installed the mods into the documents/electronic arts/sims 3 folder, but it could also be that the resource.cfg is wrong for your setup. especially if you recently downloaded i again. 

Given you said the problem only started with showtime, and if you are using the old method, I bet you forgot to expand the framework into the new EP folders, which would be FRAMEWORK FAIL.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 April 26, 01:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, the old method doesn't need any changing, though. I haven't changed my setup since the original base game, and everything works, so if you changed anything at all, you must be doing it wrong.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012 April 26, 19:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the old method still require the d3dx9_31.dll file to be placed in every EP/SP installed, or did that requirement cease at some point?  Early in the piece, many people had framework problems due to not adding the d3dx9_31.dll file into the new folders.  I have done that for all, including showtime when it was installed, it doesn't appear to be causing a problem, but is it still necessary?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 April 26, 19:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found it to be necessary. If I get a new EP and don't drop in the dll, my game won't play.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012 April 26, 20:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found it to be necessary. If I get a new EP and don't drop in the dll, my game won't play.

I've found the same to be true. Hell, I can't even run AM in the new location without putting the framework in the old way with the .dll. Damned if I know why.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: