More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:49:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Pets patch 1.29
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Pets patch 1.29  (Read 43646 times)
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: New Pets patch 1.29
« Reply #25 on: 2011 December 14, 23:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am told that the in-game advertising comes up in the catalog if "shop mode" is enabled. Whew!

Some new trees and terrain from the patch.

http://simsvip.com/?p=4132&cpage=1#comment-64306

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 December 14, 23:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm not sure what to do.  Was this supposed to happen since the update incuded updates to EPs I have yet to reinstall?  Will the game work after I reinstall everything?  Or, is this an early sign that something went wrong somewhere...even though I'm not sure what could have gone wrong, with only the base game reinstalled at this point...  Thank you.

The patch only updates what you have, not having an EP shouldn't make this happen. I've never had a problem patching from the launcher, others have. I do still however make sure the launcher got everything with the tool from MTS, which may or may not be updated yet. I would definitely try uninstalling and reinstalling, you're actually doing it the same way I do when it comes time to reinstall everything, base first, patch fully, then the EP/SPs.

Kissing_Toast, what other user-friendly options are available?  And I do thank you for helping me.  I'm sorry for snapping at you, I really am.  I'm normally quite nice.  Its not an excuse, but I've been up for hours with my four month old, and I'm just kind of bitchy today.

I personally use Nraas no CD mod, because you don't have to worry about waiting for a patch update. You can use Awesomemod as well.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 December 14, 23:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We already told you what user-friendly options are available: Twallan's no-cd package and/or awesomemod. We'll leave where to find those as an exercise for the reader.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 December 14, 23:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am told that the in-game advertising comes up in the catalog if "shop mode" is enabled. Whew!

Some new trees and terrain from the patch.

http://simsvip.com/?p=4132&cpage=1#comment-64306

Turning shop mode off made them go away, I usually keep that turned off anyways.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 December 15, 00:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new objects are bizarre. I don't remember getting objects in patches as being the norm. EA being charitable is also kind of raising my inner paranoia. I had to grant permissions for two things to install when I used the launcher (I was feeling brave since I barely play it on my laptop) to install this patch and one was as mentioned that EA proxy which might be added permissions for in-game adverts. If I think about it from a DLC standpoint its convenient but since I know EA never does anything strictly for user convenience it makes me more annoyed since the announcement of Showtime illustrates that yes, they are willing to go there.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 December 15, 00:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't be surprised if the new trees were accidents, I wonder why they're labeled as base game.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 December 15, 00:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am suspicious about the objects also. I know EA polled about naming the new Alien world, also there is a magic cauldron coming. Both would go nicely with the trees for a whimsical lot, but still looks at these objects with distrust.  Undecided

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 December 15, 00:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am suspicious about the objects also. I know EA polled about naming the new Alien world, also there is a magic cauldron coming. Both would go nicely with the trees for a whimsical lot, but still looks at these objects with distrust.  Undecided

I view it about as I would a rabid dog that could bite me and then spontaneously combust. I have difficulty believing these were included intentionally. It just kinda makes me skeptical since they also patched the cauldron we don't yet have. Because it seems more on par with EA to only release those items with another of their overpriced custom worlds.

Edit for retarded typo.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 December 15, 01:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new objects are bizarre. I don't remember getting objects in patches as being the norm.

There's been quite a few added with patches before or at EP release.

Some wall sets have been added and also two other trees (Redwood). I'm not sure when those arrived through.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 December 15, 02:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but these trees and that terrain are just weird. Like Spore weird especially given the recent survey and the fact that no other alien (futureshock aside) anything has popped up. Maybe EA thinks they're titillating us. Either way I haz a suspicious - the store advertising thing is also really curious. Crinrict posted on SimsVIP that even if you have an item installed (that Asian Fusion bed for example) if you attempt to purchase it and place it in a home that it can freeze or crash the game. Can't tell if EA is serious or just very stupid. Or seriously stupid.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 December 15, 02:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like a new window is included too.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/476118.page#7185277   Posted on the official forum, it's up but wacky right now. Anyone have a picture of it?

I am close to updating and play around with my vanilla save. Sigh.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2011 December 15, 03:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new trees look like they're from the Shivering Isles. The new patch also doesn't seem to have fixed the no-fluff problem everyone with a Raedon graphics card seems to have. Not interested.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 December 15, 03:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone is inclined to enable the shop mode for the store in your game, don't leave it that way when you close your game. Several updaters have experienced it and think enabling the shop mode is crashing the game.  If anyone have enabled the shop mode and the game is crashing, you can modify the options.ini file to disable it by setting it back to 0.

enableingamestore = 0
« Last Edit: 2011 December 15, 03:49:31 by brownlustgirl » Logged

NephilimNexus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 December 15, 09:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just updated to 1.29 patch and I have to say, what a dumptruck of fail.

Go to launch game.  Game says my mods may be obsolete.  Try to run anyway.  Game crashes.  Odd, just got the newest "1.29 compatible" versions of my mods, but whatever.  Time to track down the culprit. 

Began by removing a mod.  Same message.  Game crashes.  Removed another.  Same message.  Game crashes.  Wash, rinse and repeat until I have NO MODS LEFT in the game. 

Same message.  Game crashes.

So to recap: I remove every mod from my mods folder, including the folder itself and the game still just says I have obsolete mods and crashes.

Guess I'll be playing something else and hope EA can pull their heads out of their asses for 1.30 patch...
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 December 15, 13:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to launch game.  Game says my mods may be obsolete.  Try to run anyway.  Game crashes.  Odd, just got the newest "1.29 compatible" versions of my mods, but whatever.  Time to track down the culprit. 

Began by removing a mod.  Same message.  Game crashes.  Removed another.  Same message.  Game crashes.  Wash, rinse and repeat until I have NO MODS LEFT in the game. 

So to recap: I remove every mod from my mods folder, including the folder itself and the game still just says I have obsolete mods and crashes.

Guess I'll be playing something else and hope EA can pull their heads out of their asses for 1.30 patch...

Just like with Dark Author, the launcher may be shit and a liar but if the game is spitting warnings at you it's for a reason, you most likely missed one somewhere. Ea has dropped the ball on many things but this sounds like total PEBCAK.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 December 15, 20:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay took my sims on vacation to China - still some lag and minor freezing but nothing game breaking. However, upon arriving home both sims climbed into the fambly vehicle which was black before and now looks like this:

Not sure but it may be worth noting that it registered as an unmanned vehicle via AM before my active sim got in it. Its a very amusing effect.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 December 15, 22:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having random CTD.  I get a notice that Windows has encounter a problem and is closing the program.  Now to start pulling ALL mods.  *sigh*
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 December 15, 23:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having random CTD.  I get a notice that Windows has encounter a problem and is closing the program.  Now to start pulling ALL mods.  *sigh*

Gosh, whoever heard of pulling out your mods when you apply a new patch?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 December 15, 23:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like it's am related...going to correct thread to report.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 December 16, 09:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the new patch installed.

It's nice to see they didn't stray too far from fucking the game up with every new patch. I now don't have any empty lot templates,I can't build or place objects,my wall tool is only half there! Whenever I load a house that I have made it keeps trying to load the lot even though it is there.  I also can't zoom in or out.

Time to throw this game in the bin and stick with TS2.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 December 16, 16:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the new patch installed.

It's nice to see they didn't stray too far from fucking the game up with every new patch. I now don't have any empty lot templates,I can't build or place objects,my wall tool is only half there! Whenever I load a house that I have made it keeps trying to load the lot even though it is there.  I also can't zoom in or out.

Time to throw this game in the bin and stick with TS2.

Seeing as how absolutely no one has reported these issues but you, I'm assuming you did something wrong.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 December 17, 02:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does exactly the same thing for me. I even reinstalled Base Game and Pets before patching and can't find any mods from anywhere that could cause the crashing. Caches are deleted, framework is installed to every EP...Oh well, off to play S2.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 December 17, 06:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete every cache you can think of. That's what fixed it for me. I think it was Twallen's error catcher living in my caches, but it's all good now.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2011 December 17, 20:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else experiencing random "ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030" crashes to desktop since the 1.29 patch? The crash happens at random times - with or without CC - so sometimes I can play for a bit and do many things, but other times it's the exact opposite. My Sim lives in Appaloosa Plains and is only on week 2 of her life, but could it still be a possible save corruption?
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 December 18, 01:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else experiencing random "ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030" crashes to desktop since the 1.29 patch? The crash happens at random times - with or without CC - so sometimes I can play for a bit and do many things, but other times it's the exact opposite. My Sim lives in Appaloosa Plains and is only on week 2 of her life, but could it still be a possible save corruption?

I've been getting those, too, since 1.26.  One was definitely a corrupt save, but my graphics card isn't well suited to games and seems to be part of the problem.  Turning down the settings, getting rid of memories, and using a smaller neighbourhood is helping so far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: