More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:14:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370769 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #550 on: 2014 October 31, 21:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember correctly the child to adult is paedobait - assuming that I've spelt it correctly and it isn't hyphenated.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2014 November 01, 15:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall right, if you gave a teen the paedobait trait, they were more susceptible, and more likely to accept the advances of an adult.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2014 November 02, 19:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The displayed localizations are stored in a STBL, so it is pretty easy to STBL-override them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2014 November 24, 23:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nerfing of automatic pumpkin carving?  Stupid sim, I want to make pie out of those!

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2014 November 25, 04:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Feeble Metalkattian Thing is that?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2014 November 25, 13:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do make adjustments to AM in the future, would it be possible to exclude LTW's from being filled when the "fulfill wants without locking" option is enabled?  I had a teen sim max 3 skills, and when the renaissance sim LTW spun up, the game fulfilled it, and when my teen aged to YA and I selected a different LTW, it showed as being fulfilled even though none of the criteria had been met.

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2014 November 26, 16:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Feeble Metalkattian Thing is that?

Not something I put in, dude.  There's some douchebag code that says if sim has pumpkin in inventory and has been left alone for a nanosecond, s/he will whip that fucker out and start carving it.  So much hate.

Also, now that we have poison apples because magic, I want my damn poison wine.  Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2014 November 28, 00:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do make adjustments to AM in the future, would it be possible to exclude LTW's from being filled when the "fulfill wants without locking" option is enabled?  I had a teen sim max 3 skills, and when the renaissance sim LTW spun up, the game fulfilled it, and when my teen aged to YA and I selected a different LTW, it showed as being fulfilled even though none of the criteria had been met.
That's an interesting interaction. Technically, the grayed out fulfillment plate is keyed to you completing an LTW, not to you completing a specific LTW, but I will update it in the next update so that the sim will not be flagged as LTW-complete if you manage to fill a really easy one as a whim.

Borka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2014 December 02, 07:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really like an option to increase/decrease salaries in Awesomemod. There is a mod which decreases the salaries, and that is XML-tunable, but it is incompatible with Awesome. Is this a feature that would be possible to incorporate?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2014 December 02, 07:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really like an option to increase/decrease salaries in Awesomemod. There is a mod which decreases the salaries, and that is XML-tunable, but it is incompatible with Awesome. Is this a feature that would be possible to incorporate?

Are you sure the mod is incompatible with AM?  Generally XML tuning mods are fine with AM, in which case you could just make your own or modify the one that decreases the salaries into one that increases them.

Borka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2014 December 02, 10:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the mod's author says that the part that decreases salaries is incompatible with Awesome and I had to take their word for it, since I don't have Sims installed at the moment. The mod is Minimum Wage over at MTS if it's of interest. At the moment making my own is beyond my abilities, but I might give it a try in the end. I do like the thought of sims drudging along on minimum wage it would go well with increasing the difficulty to get promoted with Awesome.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2014 December 02, 15:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't cause a fatal reaction if you combine the two, provided you load theirs last, although odd side effects may occur, like ending up with multiple mayors again. The Careers.xml thing isn't critical to AwesomeMod and I am thinking of removing it and placing the data into a different file to improve compatibility.

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2014 December 25, 22:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a sim drinks a bliss elixir, then is put on supreme commander, the macro uses the motive manager to get rid of the positive "blissed" moodlet.  Nerf, please?  Very irritating; I wanted the LTH bonus of a higher bar.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2015 January 24, 19:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you feel so inclined at some point, would it be possible to stop the ask for autograph and have photo taken options from queue stomping and cancelling any and all queued actions?  I could live with the interaction either being inserted as the next queued interaction, while leaving the other queued tasks remaining, or placing it at the end of the current queue.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2015 January 30, 15:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the code, the AskForAutograph action occurs at NonCriticalNPCBehavior level, which is lower than actions you queue, so it should not stomp. What exactly is occurring? Are your sims asking, or being asked?

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2015 January 30, 15:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the code, the AskForAutograph action occurs at NonCriticalNPCBehavior level, which is lower than actions you queue, so it should not stomp. What exactly is occurring? Are your sims asking, or being asked?

My celebrity sims are being asked by random sims, and it queue stomps everytime, placing the "Be asked for autograph, or "have photo taken" action as the only thing in the queue.  I can requeue for after that, but should another random sim approach and ask, the new queue gets stomped and replaced with the actions for the next random star-struck sim.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2015 January 31, 05:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next time you see it happen, do a "What Are You Doing?" as the action starts and show me the results. That will dump the data on the current interaction and tell me where to look for the problem.

Venusian
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2015 March 08, 16:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There definitely appears to be a core block preventing negative spells of any kind from being cast on pregnant Sims, even simple motive curses, because I could find no means to remove the restriction in any of the ITUN files. Can you tweak Awesome to remove it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2015 March 10, 17:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly. The reason some of those blocks exist is because of lack of animations, but others are simply all about MUH FEELS. I have not, however, felt the need to randomly curse other sims because it does not serve any useful purpose.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2015 June 24, 21:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make  'object > enable / disable interactions' permanent through a save?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2015 June 25, 02:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not familiar with this functionality, it is probably a core EA debugging function and not part of AwesomeMod, so tampering with it is not wise. In any event, to make something like that persistent across saves would involve altering the save format of the game and thus be further unwise.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2015 June 25, 11:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a request to make AM compatible with the EA travel system and the Traveler mod by NRaas (twallan). NRaas Traveler allows you to travel to any installed world, either for vacation or permanently. However when one travels to a regular world (EA worlds, Store worlds or user-created), one will run into the "red box" issue. I don't know the details of this, only that the relationship panel will break and display red squares instead of a Sim portrait and will leave the relationship panel broken.
Another NRaas mod, RelationshipPanel, has a fix for this, but this mod is incompatible with Awesome as it uses the ctrl-shift-click command for different functionalities. My request therefore is to have the fix for the "red box" issue as part of AM, so that I won't need the other mod to fix it, especially as I have no use for the additional functions in the RelationshipPanel mod. I'd rather use the AM functions.
Here's a bit of info on this:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/RelationshipPanel+Phase+Ten
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/72303184?replyId=79726670
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2015 June 26, 01:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used the Nrass traveller and travelled to isla paradisio (or whatever) and returned (also travelled to a couple of the EA vacation worlds) without any major issues, the relationships and panels remain intact, no red boxes of anything.  I just stopped using it due to minor annoyances, mainly that it cancels out the no aging potion and causes the sims to age, and it maintains a sims job when they are travelling, sometimes the sims simply are not required to go to work, other times they are required to go, especially in the future.  Also, get the settings wrong and you don't get any future relations when going into the future.  I also do not use, and have never used the relationship panel mod.

My main reason for wanting to use it was the ability to freeze aging in the vacation worlds, and to allow my sims to do the islands and houseboats thing at different times, but too many minor annoyances for my liking, so I stopped using it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2015 June 26, 01:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know of this issue, probably because I have never attempted such an abomination. What exactly does this relationship panel do that fixes it? Removes the broken relationships? Simply hides them?

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2015 June 26, 08:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know of this issue, probably because I have never attempted such an abomination. What exactly does this relationship panel do that fixes it? Removes the broken relationships? Simply hides them?
As I said I don't know very much about the details, but here's what I found.

The red box issue looks like this:

It is basically that one Sim breaks while displaying the relationship panel and turns out as a red box; all relationships that are supposed to turn up after the broken one will then miss from the panel. It is an issue that can also occur without traveling and in homeworlds. I know that I have had this occasionally in my homeworlds, too, when I changed households in quick succession with ctrl-shift clicking.
From what I remember it is mostly caused by the game failing to update career stats in the relationship panel. And that's probably why I run constantly into this when I use Traveler to travel to a regular world, because there are Sims with careers in those destinations. I had it even when traveling to a fresh world and in a fresh game. My Sim knew a few people in his homeworld but none in the destination Bridgeport but when he arrived there the red box showed as the first relationship and the rest was completely empty (it should have shown some 10 Sims from the homeworld as greyed out relationships).

According to NRaas FAQ it is a general bug in the game but only made more apparent when traveling to "non-legit" destinations:

A relationship listing consisting of a totally red portrait is the result of a script error while displaying the contents of the Relationship Panel.
This may be caused by a corrupt relationship link, or simply by an EA error while displaying the sim's portrait

Since the Core game stops adding portraits to the window after a script error, you may find that many of your relationships are no longer listed.

To correct the issue install RelationshipPanel.
That mod replaces the display mechanism on that window with one that catches and reports script errors, allowing the window to continue displaying regardless of the error.

And now that I mention this I remember that I've had it before without the Traveler mod installed when I traveled to the future and one household member bounced the panel with a script error mentioning career data and Awesome. I thought that I had posted this script error here in the bug report but cannot find it anymore.
« Last Edit: 2015 June 26, 08:54:39 by vorpal » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: