More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 06:49:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 373403 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #250 on: 2012 July 03, 07:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time my sims go abroad, their silenced phones are unset. When they come home again, the phones need to be silenced once more. This happened in France and Egypt, travelling from the new desert world.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2012 July 03, 07:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In relation to this - is there any way to set the default option for mobile phones to silent?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2012 July 09, 15:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having issues with fish in my Sims' inventory disappearing whenever the Sims travel between neighborhoods (e.g. to return from vacation, which means the WA fish are unobtainable legitimately). My searching  around the internets suggest that this may be related to Pets (EAxis introduced bugs that are somehow related to cats hunting for fish, or something.)

Any chance that this could be fixed through AwesomeMod?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2012 July 09, 19:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a similar note to incest, but not quite as illegal. Could I request that the unlocking apply to the vampire interactions that are blocked for related Sims, so we can drink from and offer to turn relatives?

I second this request.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Arithmancer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2012 July 12, 05:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this isn't an awesomemod type mod, I'm sorry for suggesting this. Is it possible to add Illness, Diseases and Injury and an unhealthy trait to awesomemod? This could lead to health care, use of the hospital other than giving birth, and much more.

Seconding this.  I'm not certain that this is something you'd be interested in, but if you are that would be great.  I'm particularly interested in illnesses--they're one of the things from TS2 that I miss the most (except it would be nice if they would last longer and have more obvious symptoms than in TS2).  Someone posted about the possibility of doing this on nraas a while back (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/message/view/Chatterbox/54750322?o=0), but the person was not experienced with modding and nothing came of it (unsurprisingly).

I'd also like to echo the request for something to allow pregnancies without woohoo/using random sperm donations.
dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Disabling Light Cloning
« Reply #255 on: 2012 July 15, 02:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to disable Light Cloning? And if not, could a way be added? I love most of the features of AwesomeMod, and of those I don't care for, this is by far the most annoying, and the only one I cant seem to disable. I don't want to have to stop using the mod just because of something as silly as this, but I've gotten to the point where that is likely to be the case if I cant disable it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2012 July 15, 03:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you elaborate on what exactly the problem is?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2012 July 15, 13:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to change the outfit copy/move command to specify a sim:  "outfit[cp|mv] [sim] <source category>[.#] <destination category>[.#]" and maybe even a different sim as destination: "outfit[cp|mv] [sim]<source category>[.#] [sim] <destination category>[.#]"?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2012 July 15, 14:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you definitely cannot copy an outfit to a different sim. That would be BAD. This is because what a sim looks like, in addition to what it is wearing, is part of its "uniform". Directly copying an outfit like that would be Very Bad and could cause your game to explode.

Added the first suggestion, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2012 July 15, 17:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that I don't always want the properties of a light to be copied to new lights. Sometimes I want to change one light, or one room, then move on to another room, and have the lights I put out have default settings without having to change them myself. If there were a way to disable Light Cloning, I would appreciate it. Through a command preferably, as I do like it sometimes.

There is another lighting issue I've had, though I don't know if it is caused by the Light Cloning or not. Sometimes when I add lights, they wont work. As is, they provide no light at all. No changes to brightness/color/etc, or even turning them off and on again, will fix it. The only way I've found to fix them is turning black light on and off. This may just be an EAxis bug/fault, and totally unrelated, however.

Another suggestion I had, if it isn't too much trouble, is to add hunting to the Supreme Commander for pets. That's pretty much all I do with the pets usually, and it would be nice to be able to automate it.

Also, thanks for all your work. Despite the minor irritations I've come across, your mod really is a game changer for me. It makes the game much more enjoyable.
danielmyst
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2012 July 15, 20:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see some functionality that allows users to delete relationships from the relationship panel like with Twallan's RelationshipPanel mod: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I would use AM and this together, but they both use the ctrl-click keystroke. Since the RelationshipPanel mod overrides AM's ctrl-click functionality in the relationship panel, they are incompatible. Would like to see some way to delete relationships from the relationship panel in AM regardless!

Thanks.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2012 July 15, 21:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes when I add lights, they wont work. As is, they provide no light at all. No changes to brightness/color/etc, or even turning them off and on again, will fix it. The only way I've found to fix them is turning black light on and off. This may just be an EAxis bug/fault, and totally unrelated, however.
I often get this and the fix you have suggested is the only one I've found to work.

Another suggestion I had, if it isn't too much trouble, is to add hunting to the Supreme Commander for pets. That's pretty much all I do with the pets usually, and it would be nice to be able to automate it.
Any cat I've had with the hunting trait has trained itself. Is that what you mean?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2012 July 16, 08:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supreme Commander already exists for horses, as horses have actual meaningful skills to grind. Are there cat/dog related things worth grinding? I wasn't aware those were pets with skills that needed grinding, as opposed to just pets that ran about being pets.

dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2012 July 16, 10:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can train Dogs and Cats to hunt.

Cats can train themselves, actually, by clicking on a toy and choosing practice stalking. Once they learn how to hunt (hunting skill 1), you can click on the ground outside and choose "Stalk for prey" which causes them to sniff around and find insects and critters. these are ones that spawn specifically for the cat, rather than ones that are already spawned. I get all of my minor pets (except big birds like falcons) from my cat. I keep one of each of the rare quality ones. They only find beetle class insects, not butterflies, but it is still a source of income. In my current family, my cat has brought in more money, selling minor pets and beetles, than my Sim... who is a photographer, so I'll let it slide.

Dogs have to be trained by Sims. Once they learn (again, hunting 1), they can dig up space rocks, gems, metals, and unique buildables, like the dive well, sarcophagus, etc. from World Adventures, but different ones(fire hydrant statue, skeleton of a person, dino skeleton, and a dog statue). The clickable for them is called "Sniff out collectable." My dog has earned his weight and then some by finding Tiberium, which i then cut, let grow, and sell for a ginormous wad of cash.

Once they are high enough in Hunting, they can find specific types, but it puts a waypoint on the map that you have to click on with them, so just the standard "Stalk.."/"Sniff out..." functions would be best to automate.

There are also dig spots that spawn around town similar to the excavation points in WA that the dog can dig at, and automating that would be nice as well, but not as important in my opinion.

So if you could work it out to automate that, it would be great... Not expecting miracles. I'm sure if you take the time at all that it will take a while to figure out and script, so no worries.

And, no offense... How did you not know about that?

Thanks again for your hard work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2012 July 16, 12:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because the game is so clunky to load that I don't really play all that much: By the time it finishes loading, I've forgotten what it was I was going to do.

dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2012 July 16, 12:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I have days like that... though usually it's my depression talking. Other days, I cant seem to get away from the game. Must say, pretty awesome work you do for a game you hardly play.

On a side note, if you look at the turtle terrarium (sure I spelled that wrong, but the spell check agrees with it,) there is a shelf under the case (for food and such.) On the shelf is a half eaten piece of pizza. When I first saw it, I was thinking, "Why the hell is there pizza under the turtle case..?" Then I facepalmed, as the obvious, yet humorous, answer occurred to me.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2012 July 16, 13:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're going to go tweaking cat and dog skills I'd request you make sure that hand of god applies to them. The last time I bothered to keep pets in the game I wasn't running hand of god so I don't know if it's already implemented or not, but I do know that hunting pets gather complete shit in their inventories.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2012 July 17, 12:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note, if you look at the turtle terrarium (sure I spelled that wrong, but the spell check agrees with it,) there is a shelf under the case (for food and such.) On the shelf is a half eaten piece of pizza. When I first saw it, I was thinking, "Why the hell is there pizza under the turtle case..?" Then I facepalmed, as the obvious, yet humorous, answer occurred to me.
Okay, you lost me. Why?

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2012 July 17, 13:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, you lost me. Why?
I think it's because of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they seem to be avid pizzs eaters.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2012 July 17, 14:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When was that? Late 70s? Early 80s? By now they'd be the middle-aged mutant ninja turtles, and that pizza can't be good for their cholesterol. Although I hear turtles *ARE* apparently putatively immortal, so perhaps not. Still, didn't they brutally murder their putative foe already?

dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2012 July 17, 18:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When was that? Late 70s? Early 80s? By now they'd be the middle-aged mutant ninja turtles, and that pizza can't be good for their cholesterol. Although I hear turtles *ARE* apparently putatively immortal, so perhaps not. Still, didn't they brutally murder their putative foe already?

More like since the mid 80s. They are still insanely popular, even though there is currently, to my knowledge, no show running. There have been several over the years, however, and then of course movies, which there are rumors of another one upcoming. Ironically, something most fans don't know, the idea originated from a post apocalyptic, much darker and not very kid friendly comic series, aimed more towards a mature audience. There was also a pen and paper RPG, published by Palladium.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2012 July 24, 16:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that we already have a magical push button (buyarandomtoading) to advance story mode happenings, such as moving people around, getting jobs, making babbies, sending sims out on dates, etc. but it gets a bit tiresome to have to type this in over and over to get things to happen. I have informonstoryaction set to true, and, maybe it's not entirely accurate in its reporting, but it seems like unless I use buyarandomtoading, certain things do not happen.

I'll give you an example: In my new hood, there are a LOT of single people, but it seems like they're not dating or getting married nearly fast enough. After a more than a week, most of them only had friends or loose romantic pairings, very few had gone into a "steady" relationship (actually, only one), and that was the furthest any of them got. And that's WITH me typing in buyarandomtoading nightly in the game while my Sims are sleeping.

So, I guess my request (or is it a question?) is: Can we get a super ultra magical push button that will run any and all pending story mode actions at once? It'll execute all the moves, send Sims on all the dates, and make people get all the jobs possible at the same time. Or, alternatively, am I being too impatient, and how long should I expect to wait for Awesome Story Driver to get couples in my town hitched and started on making the next generation so that my playables can do the same?

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2012 July 25, 03:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like your neighborhood just has poor compatibility with each other, which is why their romances aren't advancing very quickly. It is also possible that the story generator doesn't cycle enough actions often enough. I will look into the feasibility of tweaking the progression rates.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2012 July 25, 04:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll second JFade's request because I must have poor compatability too.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2012 August 06, 19:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you add an auto "moviemakercheatsenabled" cheat like you have for "testingcheatsenabled"?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: