More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:47:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Hack Descriptions
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack Descriptions  (Read 256523 times)
dawn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Hack Descriptions
« Reply #50 on: 2008 November 23, 05:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've searched and read quite a bit, but I'm still not sure:

What is the status of noteleportpuddle?

Is it still required for yellowpee or bathroomusesyou? It's not in the AL DC, so delete?

Also, bvchildanimfix & romanceurnstonefix? Still necessary?

I have all EP's & SP's including Mansion & Garden.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 November 23, 06:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's not there, it's deleted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Re: Hack Directory - All Hacks
« Reply #52 on: 2008 December 26, 04:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does hydrogardenbadge do?

----
Merry Christmas!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 December 26, 06:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a Gwilly-requested shiny that makes the hydroponic garden train the gardening badge.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 December 26, 14:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it still give Creativity points?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 December 26, 19:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 January 08, 22:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the new Mansion and Garden Stuff Pack but not AL--should I download this too? I seen in My latest EP is FT.

Marvin the Martian-"Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator." Vivi Ornitier- "No more. I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!"
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 January 08, 23:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M&G actually acts like an EP, and it uses the AL engine, so you should get AL versions of your hacks and mods.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 January 08, 23:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M&G actually acts like an EP, and it uses the AL engine, so you should get AL versions of your hacks and mods.

Wow are you serious!!!111oneone Is there like a thread that states this because this is news to me. Do I have to get the official AL patch too?

Do other stuff packs work like this; say you have only NL and FFS and/or GLS; do you have to get the OFB patch and hack/mods?

Uuuungh...

Marvin the Martian-"Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator." Vivi Ornitier- "No more. I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!"
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 January 08, 23:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can tell by what disk you need to start the program.  FFS and GLS were based on the OFB engine, so if you only had NL, you had to start from the SP disk, and thus needed the OFB versions of the hacks/mods. However, if you had a later game (say Pets or Seasons), you'd start from that disk, and thus need the appropriate hacks for that EP.

M&G is unique in that it came out as an SP after AL (which is in theory the last EP), but doesn't use AL to start -- you have to run from the M&G disk.  And its based on the AL engine.  And yes, there were numerous threads on this issue in the Podium and RetardoLand after M&G came out.  You would have found them after a quick site search.

As for patches, no -- they're specific to the EP or SP.  If you don't have AL, you don't install the AL patch (it won't install anyway if you try). If and when an M&G patch comes out, you'd install that.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 January 09, 01:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can tell by what disk you need to start the program.  FFS and GLS were based on the OFB engine, so if you only had NL, you had to start from the SP disk, and thus needed the OFB versions of the hacks/mods. However, if you had a later game (say Pets or Seasons), you'd start from that disk, and thus need the appropriate hacks for that EP.

M&G is unique in that it came out as an SP after AL (which is in theory the last EP), but doesn't use AL to start -- you have to run from the M&G disk.  And its based on the AL engine.  And yes, there were numerous threads on this issue in the Podium and RetardoLand after M&G came out.  You would have found them after a quick site search.

As for patches, no -- they're specific to the EP or SP.  If you don't have AL, you don't install the AL patch (it won't install anyway if you try). If and when an M&G patch comes out, you'd install that.

Yeah btw I did try and read them; only stating that I just never came across any that said that...

spacewolfcub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Are these considered undiscovered shinies?
« Reply #61 on: 2009 February 04, 11:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded moreawesomethanyou-al.zip
I then crawled uphill, on elbows and belly, accross the lava-flooded seemingly interminable plain of endless sulforous pain that is finding zip descriptions...  Roll Eyes

After (I kid you not) 12 hours and 33 minutes (give or take bathroom breaks and one food break) I have come to the conclusion that no one has defined or even discussed the function of the following zips:
lessgamerage.package
lesssuckskating.package
signsarenotfunny.package
snapdragonpets.package

Now, as near as I can guess:
snapdragonpets == craftable snap dragon flowers affect pets (presumably just dogs and cats, not birds or hamsters)
lesssucksckating == faster gain in skating skill (if there is such a thing)

What in the name of Fat and Non-Fat and Half-Fat No-Whip Double-Shot Gwilly People are: lessgamerage and signsarenofunny? Huh

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

INTJ:I44-N38-T12-J1
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: Are these considered undiscovered shinies?
« Reply #62 on: 2009 February 04, 11:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

•   lessgamerage.package

Reduces senseless relations-destroying game-rage much like Puddle Rage. Since it makes no sense to hate your friends over an outcome that you don't actually have any control over anyway.

Signsarenotfunny: Probably does just what it says.

More F than you
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2009 February 04, 12:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

signsarenotfunny is available as a separate download, complete with its own RTFM explaining what it does.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2009 February 04, 13:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

signs are not funny = you know how sims will look at wall hangings and then laugh? this stops that. because it's stupid.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 February 04, 15:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lesssuckskating fixes the EAxis borkinating of the skating skill, that prevents sims from getting better at skating (I think; it was discussed in the middle of a thread/#grah at some point).

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 February 04, 15:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

signs are not funny = you know how sims will look at wall hangings and then laugh? this stops that. because it's stupid.

I believe sims will still laugh hysterically at things like serious statues of weeping angels and paintings of grilled cheese sandwiches, but will stop short of laughing at the OFB "open/close" sign (just by way of example).  Art is funny, but signs are not.

I understand this, because I am not one to laugh at the local stop sign.

Also, I am considering changing my username to "spacejolrei".  The OP has made me realize that "space" is a super cool prefix for a username.

Tribulatio proxima est
spacewolfcub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 February 04, 21:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thank you nekonoai, that is a much more useful answer than "it does what it says" which doesn't identify which signs it is referring to. I didn't assume that's what it meant because I rarely see sims doing that.  Grin

signsarenotfunny is available as a separate download, complete with its own RTFM explaining what it does.

I did a search for "signsarenotfunny" and came up with ZERO posts. I went to the Advanced Search and typed in "signsarenotfunny" and searched All boards. Nothing. So if the separate download is somewhere in the folders at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ I guess in future I'll do a google search on that site in particular. Thanks.  Undecided

lesssuckskating fixes the EAxis borkinating of the skating skill, that prevents sims from getting better at skating (I think; it was discussed in the middle of a thread/#grah at some point).

Oh, wow! And it is not an obsolete fix yet? OUCH!!  Shocked Thanks for letting me know, I did the same search as I described above and found nothing. NOTHING! *tear* Heh...

Do you think anyone would mind if I started making threads in this forum posting the zip URL in http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ along with the description in its RTFM?

I know PS didn't want to do it himself... but I don't think he'd care if someone else did either? Am I wrong?

spacewolfcub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 February 04, 22:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand this, because I am not one to laugh at the local stop sign.

Some of the Japanese or Welsh transliterations of various serious signs are pretty hilarious though!!

Also, I am considering changing my username to "spacejolrei".  The OP has made me realize that "space" is a super cool prefix for a username.
Be careful of others' assumptions though! The space comes with being an ADD space cadet. Although the more uncharitable might think that it has to do with the contents of my cranial cavity. *LOL*  Grin  I like the implied sparkliness of space though. And the bounciness of the cub. And the independence and ferocity of the wolf. :-)  What does Jolrei mean?

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 February 05, 03:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the first moon landing, which caused me to go space-insane and crave space-chewie sticks and space-drinks like Tang, I'd have to agree. "Space" is a super cool prefix for ANYTHING.

Except usernames.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 February 05, 14:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't be surprised if there are hacks that don't have search hits on the site. Occassionally, the hacks only get discussed in #grah and it stays that way until someone asks about them.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2009 February 05, 17:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think anyone would mind if I started making threads in this forum posting the zip URL in http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ along with the description in its RTFM?

I know PS didn't want to do it himself... but I don't think he'd care if someone else did either? Am I wrong?

Yes, we will mind if you make a bunch of new threads when you can easily add any needed information to THIS thread.  And don't double post.

spacewolfcub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 February 05, 23:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, we will mind if you make a bunch of new threads when you can easily add any needed information to THIS thread.  And don't double post.

I can easily add any needed information to this thread... here's the flaw in that:
People have to wade through unrelated posts when looking for any questions and answers about a specific zip.
I don't ask to do this without reason to fill the forum with useless information, I just want to make it easier for users.

About double-posting:
I did it in case moderators thought the information in the second topic was waaaaay too out of topic, to make it easier to delete. I notice you're a Senator and I guess you know what you're about, so if you generally would rather I just don't double post then I'm good with just not doing it.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 February 06, 00:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Senators actually have no powers whatsoever.  Grin

BastDawn is our one and only moderator. She Who Must Be Obeyed.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 February 06, 01:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't be surprised if there are hacks that don't have search hits on the site. Occassionally, the hacks only get discussed in #grah and it stays that way until someone asks about them.
Speaking of which, Lala hasn't showed up for game in awhile. Sometimes we're only one person short, too.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: