More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:23:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread  (Read 111429 times)
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« Reply #125 on: 2011 November 20, 19:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't wonder so much about the game developers, since bugs come with the job, but it does worry me that there is absolutely no testing done before they release this crap. For that I blame EA's Sims Division manager or whatever entity is making them shit out games every 6 months. (leaving very little time for any kind of rigorous, meaningful testing.)

For example, my sim resets every time s/he throws food to their dog. A goddamn feature of the stupid game is broken, and they would have caught that had they bothered to test it.

But since removing the celestial salt lick, I no longer have about 20 "Zenyettas" on my lawn, in the house, blocking the gates/doors, toilet, etc. so thanks so much for that information.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2011 November 21, 00:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a xml mod at MTS to lower the rate of the gnomes if it is becoming bothersome and you wish to keep the salt lick. It was one of the first thing's I got because the default value is overwhelming as you have noted.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2011 November 24, 07:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must say, it's nice of the horse to buy its owners a wedding present.  I hope it enjoys the thank you card.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2011 November 24, 11:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still can't get any of the CC that I downloaded from here to work in game.

I have tried the fix that was posted from TSR,I have also tried decrapping everything and installing it through putting it right into the download floder,without the launcher install,though the CC does show up in the launcher as not installed,then when I try and install it through the launcher it tells me that I have to update even though I have it patched up to date.  I have also un installed the sims 3 and the packs that I have also I have downloaded the CC again with the same results as above.

The only CC that works in game is the store stuff I bought.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2011 November 24, 12:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the custom content I've downloaded here works. I haven't tried any objects (only hairs and clothes atm) because I'm not ready to try fixing them, but there's nothing wrong with the actual downloads and their installability. You're doing it wrong.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2011 November 24, 14:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried the fix that was posted from TSR,I have also tried decrapping everything and installing it through putting it right into the download floder,without the launcher install,though the CC does show up in the launcher as not installed,then when I try and install it through the launcher it tells me that I have to update even though I have it patched up to date.  I have also un installed the sims 3 and the packs that I have also I have downloaded the CC again with the same results as above.

Are you patching manually or through the launcher?  The launcher sometimes (read, "often") misses patches when it updates.  I recommend using the MTS patch tool instead.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2011 November 24, 15:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried the fix that was posted from TSR,I have also tried decrapping everything and installing it through putting it right into the download floder,without the launcher install,though the CC does show up in the launcher as not installed,then when I try and install it through the launcher it tells me that I have to update even though I have it patched up to date.  I have also un installed the sims 3 and the packs that I have also I have downloaded the CC again with the same results as above.

Are you patching manually or through the launcher?  The launcher sometimes (read, "often") misses patches when it updates.  I recommend using the MTS patch tool instead.

I patch the game through the launcher,I'll download the patch tool and see if that helps. Thanks.

Edit: Downloaded the patch tool,and have three updates to install.  Why does the launcher sometimes miss patches?
« Last Edit: 2011 November 24, 15:13:19 by freckles » Logged
bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2011 November 24, 20:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bridgeport is lagging, with sims dropping actions or getting stuck frequently since installing Pets. Has anyone else experienced this?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2011 November 25, 03:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Downloaded the patch tool,and have three updates to install.  Why does the launcher sometimes miss patches?

The short answer:  the launcher is a badly-coded piece of crap, and EA should feel bad.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2011 November 25, 07:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The short answer:  the launcher is a badly-coded piece of crap, and EA should feel bad.

I know nothing about the workings of the launcher. Installing the patches the launcher missed didn't help. I might just un install it all and start again.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: 2011 November 26, 10:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unable to select 8th sim in household from premades because 'household is already full'. WTF EA? Are you aresholes insane? What if I want to use a premade? It's not like sitting there for 3 hours with the random button is going to help. Fuck you!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2011 December 18, 18:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... distorted pets are just a graphics card problem? Or there's a solution beyond that?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2011 December 18, 23:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... distorted pets are just a graphics card problem? Or there's a solution beyond that?

Remove your shitty out of date mods.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2011 December 19, 00:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove your shitty out-of-date mods.

Thank you for participating in Grammar Day 2011.

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2011 December 29, 16:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been away from the game for a few months.  I noticed with Pets that sims started routing through bushes and landscaping.  I don't recall this happening before but I could be wrong.  Is this something that was broken in Pets?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2011 December 29, 23:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a custom world this week and placed a pre-made ranch on it. One horse keeps running straight through the house on its exercise loop. I presume the world was updated and intended for Pets because it has the Pet adoption lot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2011 December 31, 15:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry Since I updated to the latest EA patch my Unicorn now looks like a normal horse. The game still considers it a Unicorn, it just doesn't look like one anymore. Anyone else had this issue and know how to resolve it?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2011 December 31, 20:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stick a horn on it.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2011 December 31, 22:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry Since I updated to the latest EA patch my Unicorn now looks like a normal horse. The game still considers it a Unicorn, it just doesn't look like one anymore. Anyone else had this issue and know how to resolve it?

Had the issue. Previously, I had managed to move the sim and unicorn from one instance of Appaloosa plains to another, and the unicorn kept its horn. When I moved sim and 'corn to a custom world, it did not. I don't know if the unicorn kept its other unicornly attributes, after it kept running through the house I decided to leave horses out of the world.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2012 January 06, 17:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stick a horn on it.
I tried that, but horns don't show up in CAH. The option for horn is there, but it's blank.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2012 January 06, 21:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that, but horns don't show up in CAH. The option for horn is there, but it's blank.

Mod the Sims

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2012 January 06, 21:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks jeromy's suggestion was sarcastic.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2012 January 06, 22:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sarcasm or not, given that I have done nothing with Unicorns, what I have read about unicorn horns leads me to believe it is possible.

nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2012 January 08, 04:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not only having the common "zombie pets" problem (i.e. my pets, especially cats, look like Gwill's picture), my game is CTD'ing. I only have AwesomeMod, Twallan's ErrorTrap and Overwatch, and the two mods that came with the framework, as well as hair, clothes, and default eyes and skins. Everything is up-to-date, my graphics card is fine, everything in my game should be running smooth as glass. The only other time I've had a CTD is when I first installed AwesomeMod, and that was a while ago. I'm not even having noticeable lag. I just installed Pets today, so I don't know Cry.
Edit: Aha, my graphics card was apparently not fine. My graphics card, which is clearly substandard, could handle the base game without major problems, but Pets was too much for it apparently. The graphics card is replaced, and my pets are no longer mangled and my game is running much smoother. I tried playing a premade fambly in Riverview to see if my old Sunset Valley hood; which had acquired many lots and Sims over the ages; was causing the problem, but no difference. In fact it was worse; my game was freezing even more frequently, especially when I introduced a mangled horse into the household. I had a CTD about 2 Sim days into playing them, erasing the successful Try for Baby my Sims had completed the previous day (save often, people, best advice I can give you). Now, with a nice graphics card and moar memory, my game is running beautifully, with all my pets appearing the way they should. It appears Pets wasn't a total waste of my money.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 10, 02:12:40 by nikkiforest » Logged

INF/TP
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2012 January 08, 20:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ErrorTrap is a core mod.
Awesomemod is a core mod.
Do you see a problem there?
The Highlander rule doesn't apply if the mods modify different files.  ErrorTrap and Awesomemod should play nice without causing too much trouble.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: