More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:29:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread  (Read 111425 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« Reply #100 on: 2011 November 08, 16:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by "cannot learn them"? That is very vague. Exactly what happens if you do it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2011 November 08, 18:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - guitar player in the music career. These were sheetmusic for the guitar. Quite an odd error. She could not "learn" the songs from her inventory, after buying them at the bookshop - until she actually DID learn them while she was in a tomb in Egypt. Go figure!

ETA "could not learn" as in no interactions were available, except to give the sheetmusic away as a gift.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2011 November 08, 19:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are learning guitar songs just fine from the purchased sheet music/book.It's not a Pets thing, it's a Sita thing.

What exactly does that have to do with the Store?

A witch moved it, so this no longer makes sense.  Nothing to see, move it along, etc.

Yeah sorry mate, did I miss this one and leave it behind?
« Last Edit: 2011 November 08, 19:24:30 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
pacman
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2011 November 09, 09:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - guitar player in the music career. These were sheetmusic for the guitar. Quite an odd error. She could not "learn" the songs from her inventory, after buying them at the bookshop - until she actually DID learn them while she was in a tomb in Egypt. Go figure!

Could it simply be because her skill level wasn't high enough to learn the sheet music?
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2011 November 09, 11:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. All but one of the songs were below her skill level, and of course I tried them all. She had not learned ANY songs yet and had reached level 8. The songs were level 5 upwards.

Just yet another Sita glitch. I am not at all surprised it hasn't happened to anyone else. <gloom> uninstalling today.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2011 November 09, 15:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just yet another Sita glitch.

That could describe every single post you make.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2011 November 09, 22:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it doesn't. Because that's specifically an AwesomeMod feature I added to make speed4 actually useful. I may also add a thing to make it run to the end of the queue instead of every interaction.

*jumps up and down*  Shiny, shiny, shiny! Fat Gwilly People want end of queue pause!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2011 November 10, 14:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't fish using the "choose bait" option. I can fish, but any time I try to choose bait to fish, the action immediately drops from queue.

Twallan's Overwatch has a "Fish With Bait" fix in it.  It may or may not be for the particular issue you are experiencing.  I think Overwatch is work installing either way.  If it fixes your particular issue, great.  If not, it still fixes or prevents many other issues.

I've got the 'Can't Fish with Bait' issue and I don't even have pets!  I guess it came with the patches.  I did read you can fix it buy clearing caches, but it comes back whenever you put seeds in the inventory. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/447507.page  Is awesomemod going to fix it?  I don't really want to add Overwatch to my game.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2011 November 11, 04:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's really borked? The neighborhood pet adoption event. It will fill your neighborhood with dead pets if you don't take them all. Every time you play without AwesomeMod, EAxis kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

Is that also how the shelter pools work? I've been looking everyday for a horse another family put up for adoption several sim days back.  He's already cycled out and I was thinking he'd cycle back in at some point. Come to think of it, I've haven't seen any pet reappear in the pool after they've cycled out.  Every day, there's a new horse in the pool, every day, another one is gone. So, they only have so many days to be adopted before they're euthanized to make room for newer pets? Ugh.

On to the things I've noticed:
     Hitching posts don't work. Tie a horse up, it's galloping around the lot not even 10 second later.  No, I don't want to see my horse running around outside the gym, blocking doors and then galloping off to the other side of the neighborhood while my sim is inside working out. 
     Form group doesn't work on horseback.  I had two sims out on their horses, tried to get them in a group so they'd ride together. The menu option had a horse head on as if it was possible to do while mounted. When I queued the option, they just sat there, talking and acting as if they were in the process of forming the group, but never completing the action.
     Sometimes, when I'm running the jumping course at the Appaloosa Plains training grounds, horse and rider are teleported to some random place in the neighborhood after a round of jumps. Then, they must gallop all the way back to the lot to start the next lap. This continues for the entire time "run jumping course" is queued.  It doesn't always have this problem when I queue it, but when it does, it persists the entire time "run jumping course" is queued.
     Pet obsession is back.  I got rid of my main family's cats because I got sick of them queuing the same damn  "let so and so sniff your hand" over and over. 

Children can't ride.  I know, I know...it's not a bug.  But it's so fucking stupid it might as well be.  Most riders begin when they're kids.  So what logical explanation does EAxis have other than utter laziness? They didn't want to make child versions of the animations, plain and simple.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2011 November 11, 05:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the quiet trait is broken, for cats at least. They meow just as much as normal and noisy cats. They even meow in their sleep. While one of my real cats snores, she isn't half as annoying as those 'quiet' sim-kitties can be.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2011 November 11, 06:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the 'Can't Fish with Bait' issue and I don't even have pets!  I guess it came with the patches.  I did read you can fix it buy clearing caches, but it comes back whenever you put seeds in the inventory. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/447507.page  Is awesomemod going to fix it?  I don't really want to add Overwatch to my game.
Seeds you say? Will look into this. Never encountered that myself, though. Got a save? Does a Flagrant System Error occur? What does it say?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2011 November 11, 12:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no error logs or messages; the fish with bait action just drops out of the queue when fish with lure is fine.  I'm not sure it's seeds; that was someone else's conclusion and looked completely plausible in my game.  From today's test, it's not that simple.

Yesterday, my sim learned to fish with no bait.  When instructed to fish with bait, the action dropped out of the queue with no message.  He had collected some seeds which were in his inventory. This is a well played 'hood so the seeds could have been any age.  Removing them from inventory (transfer to fridge and selling) didn't fix the problem.  Today, I cleared all caches and went back to the sim.  He harvested his garden and went fishing; he could fish with and without bait.  He then went seed collecting and could no longer fish with bait; fishing with the lure was fine. By that point he was pretty tired.  Looks conclusive, but.........

I started a new hood and set 4 sims fishing. Then two went seed collecting, one bought bait from the shop and another raided a garden for bait.  The sim who collected 2 tomato seeds had no problem fishing with them, with raided lettuce or without bait.  Two sims using shop bait (one with seeds, one not) could fish without bait, but not with bait.  They both had low motives, so I applied maxmotives.  After that they could both fish with bait again.  I tired them out and the problem didn't recur. Now I'm confused. I have a saved file from just before maxmotives, but it's too big.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2011 November 12, 19:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeds you say? Will look into this. Never encountered that myself, though. Got a save? Does a Flagrant System Error occur? What does it say?

Since I posted my error, I've updated AM twice (I'm pretty sure) and can no longer reproduce the error. It was as cwykes says, though--the action (Fish using bait) simply dropped out of the queue. Both of the sims I experienced it with were also gardeners so the seeds could have had something to do with it.

Suddenly it's not a problem for me anymore, and I blame AM for fixing it. -shrug-
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2011 November 12, 22:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hunter training seems to be broken, in that a cat can learn hunting skill from eating, guarding furniture, sleeping, playing with humans, playing with other cats (not just the pounce interaction either), breathing, going to the toilet, etc. All the while through training fatigue. It's taken my sim cat 3 days to get to level 8 hunter. Surely that can't be right?!

ETA: reset sim fixed the sticky hunter training issue. I really hope I'm not going to have to do this for every pet I train. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2011 November 13, 00:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hunter training seems to be broken, in that a cat can learn hunting skill from eating, guarding furniture, sleeping, playing with humans, playing with other cats (not just the pounce interaction either), breathing, going to the toilet, etc. All the while through training fatigue. It's taken my sim cat 3 days to get to level 8 hunter. Surely that can't be right?!

ETA: reset sim fixed the sticky hunter training issue. I really hope I'm not going to have to do this for every pet I train. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

This only appears when Cat A pounces on Cat B, Cat A's skill meter sticks. When the cat in question does anything else regarding "hunting" it should be safe and the skill meter should drop immediately. Unfortunately EA left no tuning regarding the pounce interaction itself, but just a tuning file regarding the "transition to pounce." This means that the interaction can't be disabled at all, I've tried it.  I'm pretty sure there's something in the script that can be fixed, however.

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2011 November 13, 19:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shades of endless TV skilling when interrupted by video gamers.
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2011 November 15, 04:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is this? And how do I fix it?  Undecided

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2011 November 15, 14:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that a horse or a dog?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2011 November 16, 00:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a dog. -_-
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2011 November 18, 09:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why on earth don't pets' hunger bars fill up from eating their prey? I don't expect a bug to have the same level of hunger satisfaction as a bowl of kibble, but you'd think there'd be some hunger satisfaction from nomming on their kills, particularly since drinking out of the toilet appears to fill them up!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2011 November 18, 17:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it rather amusing when a 5kg cat munches down a 100kg shark without getting even slightly filled up.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2011 November 19, 13:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody know what a Zenyatta is and why I now have 10 of them on my lot? I am assuming that they are the Pets version of magic gnomes but they pop up like mushrooms rather than arriving in the mail. I have shoved them all into the family inventory until I think of something amusing to do with them.

More F than you
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2011 November 19, 13:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zenyattas spawn occasionally when horses lick salt licks. There's 3 other gnomes that came with pets as well, but Zenyatta is the most prolific.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2011 November 19, 14:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I REALLY wonder about the game developers.

More F than you
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2011 November 20, 18:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I REALLY wonder about the game developers.

I wonder how they still have jobs.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: