More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:45:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread  (Read 111413 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« Reply #50 on: 2011 October 25, 19:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto on the blocked paths thought bubble. Sim to foal action is especially bad. Sometimes the action is done anyway, sometimes it drops from the queue. They are outside in the back paddock or on the driveway, so plenty of room.

My foal apparently has 49 days left before it ages. The puppy has 14 days. Both seem too long. I'm playing a pre-made family named Marshall.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2011 October 25, 19:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My foal apparently has 49 days left before it ages. The puppy has 14 days. Both seem too long. I'm playing a pre-made family named Marshall.

You can adjust those separately like the Sim life state adjustments in options. Each animal has it's own settings. I tried fucking with them when none of the young animals in the lot seemed to be aging.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011 October 25, 19:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't want to touch the ageing bars. I have removed all mods and cc and I'm testing with just awesomemod and ruleof6. I wanted to see if the ruleof6 did animals too, it was a later version than the one I had. It's timestamped 22/10 so I thought it was worth a go.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2011 October 25, 20:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the aging bars do appear to be working for the pets, at least now that I've aged up the pets on the lot.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
AngerousAlex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011 October 26, 10:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a lot of action-cancelling as well. Horses won't play with the ball toy at all due to false route-failures. :/
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011 October 26, 15:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of borked pathing, and pet pathing seems to override human.  My cat's litter box is in the bathroom and the cat was queued to use the litterbox and the human to use the terlet.  They were both outside the bathroom when the actions were queued.  At no point was the cat in the human's way, but the human stood there and whine-fretted about blocked pathing until the cat was actually in the bathroom and in the box.  Then the human went to the terlet.

Also, the pets' "Sniff" interaction is a queue stomper for the sniffee.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011 October 26, 16:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Horses won't play with the ball toy at all due to false route-failures. :/

I have this same issue, the horse can autonomously play with the ball fine, but when I direct the play there is route fail.

redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2011 October 26, 17:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed an odd graphical glitch. On two separate occasions I've made small dogs using the bulldog breed (a small dog with a really wide head) and noticed that any time the dog turns its head, which is part of most of the small dog animations, its head becomes distorted/elongated. The head skews instead of rotating, like a square becoming a parallelogram instead of turning.

I haven't tested this extensively yet (maybe someone else has noticed it). I don't know if it happens to any small dog, but it appears to happen to any bulldog. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time.

I've also noticed dogs' destruction meters suddenly going from full to empty when the dog is selected, and on one occasion I've had a dog do the horse-entering-subway origami stunt mentioned in this thread, which appears to be the game trying to model the dog in the shape of a human (and looks pretty disturbing). This also happened when switching between a sim and a dog, there was no subway-entry impetus for it.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2011 October 26, 20:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Sim I made pre-Pets now completely refuses to install. The only mod I have is AM. It appears to install as a Sims3Pack but there is no sign of that Sim in Create-A-Sim. Other Sims made at the same time, in Sims3Packs, install fine.
A second Sim which is only a .Sim file, also never appears in game and in fact the game crashes when I put that file in SavedSims.

They're probably taking their own electronic lives rather than go into one of your nightmare houses.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2011 October 26, 20:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stacked stairs glitch, which was magically fixed with Generations, is now reoccurring again.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2011 October 27, 19:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post-pets I can't complete renovations. I call the client, they say they'll be there as soon as they can, and my sim stands around for literally the entire day waiting for them to finish work.

Before pets, they'd simply leave work and come to the house so I could get on with my sims' lives. Apparently they don't do this anymore. They also tend to stand in front of the mailbox when they DO show up, and my sim will continue to wait. I have to reset the client to do anything, and then they'll likely go do something else as you try to tell them the renovation is complete, only stopping their current interaction once they actually start doing it (rather than before even going to do it as they should).

I'm also getting "Budget: $xxx,xxx,xxx" on every single renovation detail screen. The actual budget for the renovation is correct, but in the debriefing, it lists it as a 9 digit number.

Also, it seems EA may have done some Seasons work and accidentally left it in the game. Had a trash pile transform into this:

It was treated as trash and reset once interacted with.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 27, 22:22:38 by Claeric » Logged
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2011 October 28, 02:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LEAVES! Now that looks promising!
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2011 October 28, 03:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For real? That's a BIG leak for EA, right there.  Classic.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2011 October 28, 04:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Granted, pets can find leaves, but they only find one at a time and I really doubt gathering a bunch creates a pile of them or anything. Leaves are also one of only 10 new balloons for pets to use while socializing.

I've tried to recreate the pile, but nothing is working. It appeared after a pile of trash was on the lawn for a day from the dog knocking it over.
catsahoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2011 October 28, 04:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guess all that talk about Seasons being the next expansion wasn't simply a rumor.

Anyways, in my game gourmet pet food is not an option if my pre-existing sim is maxed out. However if I create a new sim or have a sim level up their cooking the option will appear on the fridge.  This seems to be the case for others on the official forums.
Panama_Crew
Asinine Airhead

.package factory co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2011 October 28, 09:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my pet gourmet food don't work(they make it,but don't  interact whit pets, the food gets
frozen in the backpack....)

Serius "Hardcore" Gamer ^^:http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/unregistered/4cf/e18/user_size_329050.jpg
Everything in this world is a dlc(EA Game$)
Evildragonqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2011 October 28, 11:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Route issues-aplenty, also...

house with 3 sims and a dog. When I change from my dog to another sim the picture of them, justa above their wants and lifetime wishes doesn't change to that sim but remains the dog forever! My sim is not a dog! Not a dog at all!!

Also all thier needs and actions seem to be 'shared' like when I change to another sim, the dog picture and wants remain but they keep another sims inventory and wants and actions and...is this making any sense or are pictures needed?

also, I have AIDS
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2011 October 28, 14:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this making any sense or are pictures needed?

No, you're not making sense, but the gist of it seems to be that your UI is messed up.  I am guessing that you have incompatible mods in your game, based on no one else having this problem and the fact that so many people are too stupid to update/remove cc when a new EP comes out.

Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011 October 28, 16:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

house with 3 sims and a dog. When I change from my dog to another sim the picture of them, justa above their wants and lifetime wishes doesn't change to that sim but remains the dog forever! My sim is not a dog! Not a dog at all!!

Also all thier needs and actions seem to be 'shared' like when I change to another sim, the dog picture and wants remain but they keep another sims inventory and wants and actions and...is this making any sense or are pictures needed?

I also have this problem sometimes, most recently when my sims (not the whole household) returned from a vacation. However, a game restart allowed the sims in question to return home without the glitch reoccurring, and I have not been able to reproduce it, so I think it's random. I'm not sure what happens if you save when you have the glitch and reload, because I didn't think to test then, and haven't gotten the glitch since. It has only occurred 2 times that I can remember.
Just to mention, I'm talking about a stuffed household with 14 sims, in a game with awesomemod, a ton of buzzler mods, Nraas careers, overwatch, master controller, second image and portrait panel. It's also worth mentioning that I have neither Pets, nor the dreaded, CC-borking 1.26 patch installed, so the issue is not specific to either of those.
Skidd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2011 October 28, 17:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen, though what was going on is that my self-sim didn't have a visible lifetime wish or any wants at all. Or they were there, since I couldn't add more, but were invisible and when I switched from another sim back to her all of the previous sim's wants filled her slots. For me, restarting didn't fix the issue.

Though when I stripped out my CC it worked fine, so this isn't a Pets problem. At the moment I'm testing some of Anach's tuning mods, all my other CC seems to work alright.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011 October 28, 18:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You DO know that when a thread is dedicated to reporting bugs in a game, it means a VANILLA game with no cc, right?

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011 October 28, 19:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed an odd graphical glitch. On two separate occasions I've made small dogs using the bulldog breed (a small dog with a really wide head) and noticed that any time the dog turns its head, which is part of most of the small dog animations, its head becomes distorted/elongated. The head skews instead of rotating, like a square becoming a parallelogram instead of turning.

I haven't tested this extensively yet (maybe someone else has noticed it). I don't know if it happens to any small dog, but it appears to happen to any bulldog. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time.

I have also noticed some slight distortions on some animations with the two pugs I have put in game - I did use EA's 'pug' as the basis, but tweaked it so they looked much more like actual pugs - very flat faces, removed almost all 'snout' length to create them.  So there is something to that as far as flat faced, broad headed small dogs are concerned. I have not played with any other breeds of dogs, so not sure if it's specific to all small dogs or just the ones we prefer.

redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2011 October 29, 05:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small dog head distortion example:

I made another small dog and, as far as I can tell, this isn't happening, but the problem may simply be that it's so subtle with a normal dog's head that it goes unnoticed, whereas it becomes extremely pronounced when the dog has a very wide head. It could also (perhaps more likely) be due to a particular setting in the Dog CAS system for head size/shape. There is actually a setting which reads something like "bulldog head shape." That may be the culprit.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011 October 29, 07:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You DO know that when a thread is dedicated to reporting bugs in a game, it means a VANILLA game with no cc, right?

I assume you were talking to me, since I've mentioned some mods. My point was not please to fix my my game it's borked, or even look how crappy EA's coding is, but rather, this is not a pets related issue, therefore should not be considered part of the borkage that came with that EP/patch.

I've also encountered the blank LTW, so that's not Pets-exclusive either.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2011 October 29, 13:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or it could be that I wasn't addressing anyone in particular but pointing out that everyone should be testing without cc before reporting something is broken in Pets, because many, many people fail to do so.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: