More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:55:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Infinite butlers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Infinite butlers  (Read 9826 times)
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Infinite butlers
« on: 2011 October 13, 16:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...in front of the house. And they keep multiplying.
I was actually ready to turn a blind eye on them before they caused some horrible lag issues. Nuking removed 215 objects, which started regenerating on the same spot right after un-pausing the game.
Now, the current sim can't even approach to one of them and try to fire him (sadly, you can't cancel this type of service through the phone), because the majority of them are in fact one inside another, sharing the same spot.

What to do?

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: Infinite butlers
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 13, 16:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got no advice, but just wanted to say these pictures made me LOL.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 13, 16:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan's MasterController has an option to reset a lot. I had a problem with sims "sticking" to a lot (congregating and then just standing there until they died, literally) and resetting the lot worked.

Alternatively, have you tried a "resetsim *" to reset the whole hood?

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
snapzit
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 13, 17:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something like this happen once. My Sim was outside a night club he had just left and all of a sudden townies started appearing all along the street, blocking him from going anywhere. I tried to get him to interact with a number of them, but no luck. Soon they all started puking and peeing all over the place and stressing out. It was hilarious for a while, but it was an endless nonsensical thing that became annoying. I quit without saving and that stopped it. It hasn't happened again, but I suppose AwesomeMod or one of the patches fixed it.

Perfected the golf clap here.

ENTP
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 13, 17:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like an impromptu union meeting.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 October 13, 18:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan's MasterController has an option to reset a lot. I had a problem with sims "sticking" to a lot (congregating and then just standing there until they died, literally) and resetting the lot worked.

Alternatively, have you tried a "resetsim *" to reset the whole hood?
Resetting the sim made no change, and neither did resetting the lot, for they're all spawning outside of it (although i did try). I've actually dropped a meteor on them, but it fell on the furthermost edge of the lot, or, more precisely, it's radius ended just a step away from the butlers.

Soon they all started puking and peeing all over the place and stressing out.
You have no idea how much i laughed at this.
Unfortunately, I refuse to load up a previous save because I have that horrible feeling that there's still hope for this one.

Thanks anyway.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 October 13, 18:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resetting the sim made no change, and neither did resetting the lot, for they're all spawning outside of it (although i did try). I've actually dropped a meteor on them, but it fell on the furthermost edge of the lot, or, more precisely, it's radius ended just a step away from the butlers.

Did you specifically try "ResetSim *"? I'm not suggesting resetting the affected Sim, but all Sims in the hood, which would hopefully include all those butlers. If that is what you did, then I'm stumped.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 October 13, 19:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, I have, Starler, and, as well as yourself, I am very surprised.

Here's an update on this issue; after finally managing to socialize with one of them, requesting a massage, I have nuked him.
This action caused all of the other butlers to disappear from the mentioned spot and start arriving by infinite cars.

I'm just going to start a new game and leave this until somebody finds a solution.
If there is one.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 October 13, 21:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Master Controller has a Total Annihilation option.  Nuking just deletes the objects; Total Annihilation vaporizes the Sim.  Maybe you can cull the herd then fire the last butler standing?

Or you can set them all on fire.  It wouldn't solve the problem but it would be fun.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 October 13, 23:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, PA, for your reply.
Here's the thing, as long as the butler is being called, they will keep arriving.
Now, without deleting the sim that made the call (tried resetting numerous times), i can't really influence this action.
And there's nothing wrong with this sim (if leave out the whole butler apocalypse attached to her), so it would be a shame to delete her.

This also might be informative.
Setting the hoard on fire resulted in fire on the edge of the lot, which caught up on a tree and eventually the house. The fire alarm went off quickly, but, the firemen didn't seem interested. After a certain amount of time, the active sim phoned the fire department and, after the usual notification, a great big bunch of nothing came to the rescue.
In the meantime, butlers kept arriving.
Possible npc issue in general?
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 October 14, 00:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What to do?

Create a video, add the Benny Hill theme, place it on ytmnd/youtube.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 October 14, 01:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First and foremost, sarsbar's idea is BRILLIANT!

Second, I have a follow-up suggestion for resolving the issue. Using Master Controller, check the "Set Service" editor under the NRaas "Advanced" options. The current setting on the Sim I checked that does not have a butler is 002.

EDIT: Actually, upon review, it looks like that setting determines whether the selected Sim is part of that service field. Please disregard my failure to think logically.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 14, 01:33:43 by Starler » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 October 14, 04:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 October 14, 09:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WELL, if i had better connection last night, i would have seen sarsbar 's suggestion, alas, being blessed with a horrible provider and, well, weak nerves, I have deleted the whole neighbourhood instead.
Started a new one though, from zero (obligatory destroyallhumans). There's no npc issues yet (tested on firemen, maids, police, pizza service and adoption service), but I'll think five times before ordering a butler again.
Will update this thread with results.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!
susannahmia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 October 14, 23:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a very similar issue, except it involves all sims (even chosen etc) who happen to be entering or leaving a rabbithole. They all get stuck outside on the path and by the time I notice there could be 20 or so starving to death and pissing themselves.

It has happened to me 3 times now at three seperate rabbitholes. The only way I've been able to fix it is using reset sim for every sim that is stuck. When they are all removed I then have to go into build buy and move the rabbithole slightly, if I don't move the rabbithole more sims end up getting stuck in the same place too.

Any help would be much appreciated!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 October 15, 01:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a very similar issue, except it involves all sims (even chosen etc) who happen to be entering or leaving a rabbithole. They all get stuck outside on the path and by the time I notice there could be 20 or so starving to death and pissing themselves.

It has happened to me 3 times now at three seperate rabbitholes. The only way I've been able to fix it is using reset sim for every sim that is stuck. When they are all removed I then have to go into build buy and move the rabbithole slightly, if I don't move the rabbithole more sims end up getting stuck in the same place too.

So it's just like the problem necromunchy was having, except for the part where it's completely unrelated and different?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 October 15, 08:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rabbithole pileups can usually be fixed by making sure the ground under the rabbithole and near the doors is flat and leaving more space for routing between the rabbithole doors and the world at large.  I've had sims pile up five squares wide and two squares deep at the edge of a lot, apparently in great fear of taking that single step forward into freedom.

The butler issue does seem like a different problem, unless a routing failure is causing the game to keep trying with new butlers.  A routing issue might explain why interacting with one of them cleared out a space.  If the butler convention reconvenes, moving the lot and nearby items in Edit Town so routing is recalculated might do the trick.
necromunchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 October 16, 22:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Started new game in a new world, no issue at all.
Started new game in the same world the issue came up in, issue gone.
Called for butler by the same family, on the same lot (playing with pre-mades finally paid off), butler came solo. He even called a maid shortly after, who arrived and did her doing. Problem seems to be completely gone.

The only thing differing from the time the whole thing started is the colour of the house and two swings in the back yard.
Seems unimportant, but mentioning just in case.

I don't know, perhaps my game is a special snowflake of some sort. Every single problem it had was either left unsolved or magically disappeared.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2011 October 17, 00:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims has a history of sadorandomness.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 October 22, 13:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for fun... resume the game and put it on fast foward?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: