More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:48:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)  (Read 251884 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)
« Reply #275 on: 2008 January 09, 01:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see you wouldn't want to link it to wants - that wasn't actually what I meant.   I hadn't really understood that "call targets" and "call friends" are fundamentally different in intent even though the names suggest they are the same.  Call targets is a tool to identify sims actually at home whereas call friends is macro to automate routine relationship maintainence.  I find sometimes that I'd like to be able to pick which friends to call off a list filtered down to "friends at home" i.e.an option similar in intent to call targets.  It's not that important, I can do it manually; my time management isn't that bad, honest!  Grin
Call Targets is a macro specifically for choosing sims that are NOT already family-friends, so you can enfriendinate more people for career requirements or Greek houses. Call Friends is the automated friend-maintainer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: 2008 January 09, 15:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I've got it.  There isn't one for targetting potential best friends. If your sim wants 20 best friends you reckon we should do some of the work ourselves.  Grin

While I'm thinking about making friends, but do you know why the "made friends with bigfoot" vacation memory is buggy? Your sim has them as a friend, but the vacation memory isn't there.  I bet they had this bright idea of having bigfoot forget sims and didn't implement it properly...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 2008 June 28, 04:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autoyak still isn't working in my game since installing the Ikea sp. No error is generated but sims just have a continuous loop of picking up and putting down the phone handset. I've got the latest version of Autoyak and I have replaced all the phones, but it is still happening.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2008 June 28, 08:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try downloading again, it was updated already. Also, death to Emma.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2008 June 28, 11:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try downloading again, it was updated already. Also, death to Emma.

I downloaded it this morning-and it still isn't working. Tongue Just downloaded again-it is the same one as I have installed. Cleared cache and everything. The one I've got is dated/timed: 26/06/2008  04:52:54.

All Pescados Suck!

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2008 June 28, 11:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new version has stopped the phone cycle for me - although I cannot 'call friends' from home. I can do it while on community lots, but not from home (and, yes, I have considered the time differences, but it's everybody and all times so I don't think they're impinging).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2008 June 29, 13:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this mod is not compartible with FT bonus of "3way- calling"
I have a jump bug when sims use this bonus.
actually I have no other phone-related mods.  Roll Eyes
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2008 June 29, 13:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, no - not unless something got broken in Pescado's last update. It was definately working for me a couple of weeks ago with FT.

Oh, and further to my previous claims of not being able to phone from home - other things are buggy too. Looks like a case of tight pants.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2008 July 08, 14:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Popping in to note that as of the latest versions available (downloaded this morning 7/8/08) autoyak is still not working. No "call"--"friends/targets" options available.

There also seems to be some strangeness happening with those calls that would normally be some strange sim calling your playables to ask them to go downtown. Playable will answer the phone, chat for approximately 1 sim minute and then hang up. I believe it is the invite downtown call only because of the particular sim making the phone call (that is, she's the one who always seems to make those invite calls in this hood of mine and the 2nd time she called, the sim who chatted with her before hanging up had never met her before).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2008 July 08, 15:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing with the new versions last night, and had no problems with either the call friends or call targets interactions.  You either have tight pants or have an old version of the hack laying around somewhere.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: 2008 July 08, 15:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to jinx it, but everything works fine for me now! Yay!

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2008 July 09, 14:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded, again, and replaced. Then removed every hack/mod I use *except* ACR and the FFS DC. Dumped all caches and even the freaking thumbnails.

Still no auto-yakyak.

Anyone else using the mose recent ACR with this and ok? I know that IKEA borked the booty call and TJ updated on the 5th.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2008 July 09, 17:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have recently updated ACR, and the new autoyak, and it is working. Did you replace the phones?

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2008 July 09, 23:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, tried replacing the phones.
Also, just now, tried with *only* my Pescado hacks in. Still no auto-yak.

Can not figure out what the heck is borked about my game and no one else's regarding this hack. I've checked and double checked the versions. Tried pulling out that hack and putting it back in (which has solved problems with other hacks before), tried pulling out all hacks and putting just FFS DC back in (checked and double checked all versions of all those hacks as well).

No idea.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2008 July 09, 23:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

myskaal, are you sure that your sims have friends at a STR/LTR level that autoyak will detect them as requiring routine maintenance? Because autoyak won't call friends if those friends are in an 'LTR cooking' phase. It'll harass the 98 STR/100 LTR friends, but ignore the 75/35 friends.

Also, only certain situations seem to trigger 'targets': job friends required, greek house not at level 6. I don't know them all, but I know that 'targets' just doesn't always appear. Even meeting someone new won't always trigger it.

(Sorry if you know all this already. These are just common misunderstandings about this mod, from what I've seen.)

Maybe try with *just* autoyak? What about regenerating your The Sims 2 folder and testing in a fresh neighborhood?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2008 July 10, 02:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<- Pants were too tight.

Thanks, Roux. Started a new hood to test it out and, in fact, that was the case with my other hoods. Friends are above the level and no need for target calls.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2008 July 10, 16:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome! Glad it wasn't a more serious problem, like a FUBAR neighborhood...

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2008 July 19, 23:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might need to update your macrotastics as well. Also, you may need to replace the phones.

kool
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 July 22, 06:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have ep's only to seasons no stuff packs, and im trying to get autoyakyak to work in my game. I downloaded the seasons.zip from above. and moved macrotistic's, phonehack and autoyakyak into my game and it don't seem to be working at all. Bought new phone to check that and that didn't work. Is there a way to tell other than relationship meters if its working? I do have other hacks/mods i ran Hack conflict program from Palidins Place and nothing.

Any Help would be great

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: 2008 July 22, 06:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have your sims on Power Idle?

kool
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 July 22, 17:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No i do not. When Ive used this b4 it didn't need to be? I used to be able just pick up phone and call my firends ect.

Thanks for reply

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: 2008 July 22, 22:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AutoYak works when your sim is on Power Idle. You can also click on your sim for the call>friends/family/targets options if you let your sim have free will w/o Power Idle enabled.

kool
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 July 23, 18:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AutoYak works when your sim is on Power Idle. You can also click on your sim for the call>friends/family/targets options if you let your sim have free will w/o Power Idle enabled.

Haha ok it works then.. Just forgot how to use it Sad

Thanks!

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: 2008 July 29, 13:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tweaked the calling order or am I really cracking up? (Ok I know I am..)  Looked to me like it was consistently alternating top and bottom of the target list when Alana was calling around the other day and some BF relationships had gotten lowish.  Alana's my popularity sim from base game. She has 210 sims in her address book now and she's close to 50 BF.  She's rich single and single minded, she pretty much always wants to throw a party, meet someone new & then make friends with them plus make BF with a sim she met ages ago.   I'm indulging her - wouldn't do it without autoyak. Thank you 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008 July 30, 00:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The calling algorithm is now based on STR-LTR gap. It tries to keep relationships from being lost, and LTR cooking. If LTR is presently cooking comfortably, even sub-100 sims will not be called until the gap closes, unless your sim needs the social. Just let it do its thing: It is smarter than a mere Cwykes.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: