More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:14:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Hidden Springs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hidden Springs  (Read 79390 times)
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Hidden Springs
« Reply #75 on: 2011 September 08, 11:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't looked at the Fountain of Youth object yet, but I am generally unimpressed with the neighborhood.  You kind of have to admire EA's big brass ones for charging $20 for something that pales in comparison to what cc creators generally give away for free.

I have to agree with you there. I downloaded it and had a look, it looks like a bland and thrown together neighbourhood. The only thing I liked about it was one of the lots on the mountain that gave a really good view of the town, but apart from that, I am greatly unimpressed. I also can't understand why the lots which came with Ambitions suffer the same problems that a new Sunset Valley and Bridgeport are just thrown down and don't even face the street.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2011 September 08, 21:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because the game only adds the AMB lots if you have that EP.  For people without AMB, those would be empty lots.  The game doesn't make any attempt to make the lots line up neatly; it just slaps them down in whatever slots are available and moves on.  It used to generate a game-crashing bug in Bridgeport because it would add the AMB lots to spaces that were too small for them, but I believe that has since been fixed.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011 September 08, 22:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would have thought that EA would have had the sense to put lots down that they could actually fit on. I've got no problem if they aren't at the road properly, I can delete and rotate them, it's when the only lot sizes are far too large and they are swimming in a sea of grass. I prefer my lots to fit snuggly with the boarder. And 9 times out of 10, the lot placement doesn't allign with the road or you can't place them anywhere.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011 September 08, 22:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA lots are generally too big anyway.  That assy movie lot is the worst offender.  The rabbit hole object itself won't fit on anything less than the second largest lot size.  Do yourself a favor and get Jinx's rabbit hole doors from MTS.  I made my own 25x25 movie lot using them.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2011 September 09, 21:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So which file in the spell book and fountain would the conflict be in? Would that be in the DLL or an XML thing? I've been playing around with them and if I have the spell book package in my test/overrides folder it works 100% how it should, effects, moodlets and all. On the other hand, my FOY loses the effects, moodlets and the age effects. If I put the FOY in the overrides folder it's the same, works 100% how it should, effects, moodlets, all that jazz. While the book loses everything. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone figures this out.

*Goddamn it! I've been fucking up a lot lately.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 09, 22:56:07 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Simon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2011 September 09, 22:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spellbook and FountainOfYouth - Working package

http://www.4shared.com/file/l7rrkaa3/FountainOfYouth__Spellbook.html
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011 September 09, 22:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So which file in the spell book and fountain would the conflict be in? Would that be in the DLL or an XML thing? I've been playing around with them and if I have the spell book package in my test/overrides folder it works 100% how it should, effects, moodlets and all. On the other hand, my FOY loses the effects, moodlets and the age effects. If I put the FOY in the overrides folder it's the same, works 100% how it should, effects, moodlets, all that jazz. While the book loses everything. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone figures this out.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2011 September 09, 23:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, so what is the conflict? Is there anyway to make this a default fix like the spell book one so you don't end up with new items? The only thing I'm confused about now is, can the fountain actually make you an age state younger? I've gotten the wish granted moodlet that lasts for two days, but it didn't actually do anything.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2011 September 10, 04:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I'm confused about now is, can the fountain actually make you an age state younger? I've gotten the wish granted moodlet that lasts for two days, but it didn't actually do anything.

If you get the message that actually says "Wish Granted", then your sim should be back at the start of it's age state. My YA sim with 15 days on it's age meter had those taken off by the fountain. I'm not sure about this uploaded file by Simon, but the original one that I have "working" with the spell book+fix does take off the days.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2011 September 10, 04:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, it says in the wish description 'so-and-so is now back in the prime of young adulthood', when they get the wish granted thing, even if they're elders or adults, and they don't actually seem to roll back.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011 September 10, 04:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, it says in the wish description 'so-and-so is now back in the prime of young adulthood', when they get the wish granted thing, even if they're elders or adults, and they don't actually seem to roll back.
If you get the message that actually says "Wish Granted", then your sim should be back at the start of it's age state. My YA sim with 15 days on it's age meter had those taken off by the fountain. I'm not sure about this uploaded file by Simon, but the original one that I have "working" with the spell book+fix does take off the days.

OK so they never actually go from elder to adult for example? The wish interaction just brings you back to day 1 of whatever age state you're in? That's lame.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2011 September 10, 05:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, yes. It works exactly like ambrosia.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011 September 10, 21:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just used the FOY on adults and expected that they would roll back to being at the beginning of the young adult stage. However, they just roll back to the beginning of the adult stage. The wish does say, "Young adult stage", so I've been wondering if the fountain is indeed conflicting w/the spellbook in my game as well.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011 September 13, 13:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would I have to remove the sims3.pack files before instaling these ones?

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011 September 13, 14:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would I have to remove the sims3.pack files before instaling these ones?

No, but you will end up with two of each item.

hayleyhail
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011 September 13, 18:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have been trying to get this world loaded for quite some time now. My object .package file is in my mod folder and my .world file is in my Sims 3 , non package file under programs. But yet I still keep getting this message every time I load.

Tried putting .world file in installed world file along with other two locations, that did nothing to fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Print screen would not work for whatever reason, sorry for the crappy still image from my camera. But you get the idea
simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011 September 21, 03:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game doesn't make any attempt to make the lots line up neatly; it just slaps them down in whatever slots are available and moves on.
That's not true. The game places the lots in specific positions and rotations. These can be altered by editing the "AutoVenuePlacement.xml," which looks something like this:

Code:
<HiddenSprings>
  <Venu_Name>kEP2_ConsignmentStore</Venu_Name>
  <Lot_Id>1614540730735267984</Lot_Id>
  <Lot_Rotation>270</Lot_Rotation>
 </HiddenSprings>
<HiddenSprings>
  <Venu_Name>kEP2_FireStation</Venu_Name>
  <Lot_Id>1614540730735267968</Lot_Id>
  <Lot_Rotation>90</Lot_Rotation>
 </HiddenSprings>
<!-- etc. -->
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011 September 21, 06:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's not the point derpy, they still look like they don't belong anywhere near where they are placed.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2011 September 21, 06:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game developers diddoesn't make any attempt to make the lots line up neatly; theyit just slapsped them down in whatever slots weare available and movesd on, preserving their idiotic placement in a .xml file.

I corrected my original statement.  Is that nit picked to your satisfaction, simsmx?

creativegal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011 October 18, 16:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i also am not able to make it work.... i extracted, opened it with s3rc, installed it via launcher.... it is there in installed contents, but does not show up in game and then when i quit to recheck if it is there in installed contents, it's not....

what the heck am i doing wrong....

thanks
creativegal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011 October 19, 09:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i also am not able to make it work.... i extracted, opened it with s3rc, installed it via launcher.... it is there in installed contents, but does not show up in game and then when i quit to recheck if it is there in installed contents, it's not....

what the heck am i doing wrong....

thanks

anyone.....
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011 October 19, 14:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, double posting and adding to your already abundant collection of ellipsises really won't help your cause.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 20, 12:18:54 by soozelwoozel » Logged

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
creativegal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011 October 19, 16:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, double posting and adding to your already abundant collection of ellipsis's really won't help your cause.

instead of you also adding to the abundance, u could have answered my post and helped me
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011 October 19, 17:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, double posting and adding to your already abundant collection of ellipsis's really won't help your cause.

instead of you also adding to the abundance, u could have answered my post and helped me

I take it from this, you have no idea what an elipsis is? Because yeah, there aren't any in my post.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
creativegal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011 October 19, 18:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it from this, you have no idea what an elipsis is? Because yeah, there aren't any in my post.

hey, instead of quoting each other and telling me what i know and what i don't can you just help me out as to what should i do to make hidden springs run in my game.... i have already told what i have done so far....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: