More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:13:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Hidden Springs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hidden Springs  (Read 79732 times)
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
Re: Hidden Springs
« Reply #25 on: 2011 August 27, 02:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that should be a directory. Do you have /Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3.app/

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 August 27, 02:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have that, but it is not a directory. it shows up as the icon for the game, so if you click it the launcher opens.

"Some of us are just trying to get through the day without breaking something."
-Pacey Whitter
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 August 27, 03:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm now kind of curious on the outcome of this.
If you go to /Application/The Sims 3/ and right click on the The Sims 3.app and select "Show package content", does a new folder appear?
For example, can you find there /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Art/The Sims 3/Game/Bin?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 August 27, 03:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES I DO HAVE THAT!!!!! Smiley

-Pacey Whitter
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 August 27, 03:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And do you have /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Art/The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds or similar? If yes, is Sunset Valley there?

Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 August 27, 03:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES!!!!!

-Pacey Whitter
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 August 27, 03:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I cannot say this will work ( the only Mac in this house is owned by my kid and she refuses to let me have it right now to test - too busy with some flame war in Facebook) but you have nothing to lose at this point. Drop the world thing there and try again. I'm going to hide waiting for your angry reaction if that does not work.

Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 August 27, 03:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha. i'm not angry. I really appreciate you trying to help me. putting the .world file in that worlds folder causes my game to crash as soon as the loading screen loads. I don't get to the screen where you can select a family or to create a new game.

-Pacey Whitter
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 August 27, 03:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd tested when I wanted to understand why I should have paid $20+ to EA to buy the "new Barnacle Bay" when I already owned the first one and the bounty set. That worked on the Mac but maybe EA changed something.I'll do some testing when I'm able to take the Mac from the brat - she will fall sleep sooner or later - and let you know if I find the right Mac-way.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 27, 03:50:48 by MegAnne » Logged

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 August 27, 05:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having 'name' issues with this? I can get it to work but everything comes up with names like "Gameplay/Excel/DOT03_Wor" and the like.
I've had that problem when I had the world file installed properly but not a .package or .dbc containing that little bit of info on the town that the launcher puts in the .dbc file. This is on Windows, not Mac, and the .world file was placed in the Bins folder, as it wouldn't show up when left only in Installed Worlds.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 August 27, 18:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I downloaded it, the unmodified sim3pack one, and used decrap program then copy to download used the installer and it installed with no problems at all.
Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 August 27, 19:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I downloaded it, the unmodified sim3pack one, and used decrap program then copy to download used the installer and it installed with no problems at all.

are you using a mac?

-Pacey Whitter
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 August 27, 20:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry a PC
Petit_Fromage
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 August 27, 22:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried all the Hidden Spring files uploaded and I have had little success.
I had a poke on the EA forums for a poke around and a few people who have actually purchased the world are having similar problems, have you got the most updated version of the game?

I got the world uploaded, and could enter it but all the lots and sims are called ridiculous names so it's unplayable.

It's not even about playing it now it's about the challenge of getting it working!  Roll Eyes

I'll continue to play around and I'll post any developments.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 August 27, 23:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't understand why this is so hard. Download the world from the DL thread, I personally used the one from jenpez, run it through the decrapper and install via the launcher. It works and the lot names are normal. This isn't rocket science you tardlings. If it doesn't work you ARE doing it wrong. Is your game fully up to date? Are your decrapper files up to date? And for the Mac users, just bite the bullet and install a windows partition, chances are that if you're here your a pirate so just arr it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Petit_Fromage
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 August 27, 23:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had an issue in the past Roll Eyes

I have both the most recent versions of both the decrapper and the game.
The only way I can make it run, is through downloading and placing the .world file into C:\ProgramFiles|\TheSims3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
(but as I previously mentioned, although I can play the game, the lot/sims names look scripted)

Do you have any constructive suggestions?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 August 28, 00:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This post may or may not be of use. It addressed some of the problems people encountered installing the Riverview world, including funny string names. I do not know if the file paths are still the same but it may provide some hints.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707.msg511046.html#msg511046

Here is the Riverview.world file. 62MB Please use this instead of the Riverview.Sims3Pack. This file goes in: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
Problems with Riverview saved games?
To anyone that's having trouble with playing games saved in Riverview,
Put the Riverview.world file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds like Witch instructed.  Next, you must delete the Riverview.world file from your InstalledWorlds folder in your Documents to get it to work correctly.  

To those having trouble with RiverView, try the instructions here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg535029.html#msg535029
After you install Riverview, you will find a new .dbc file in DCCache. You can rename that file to RiverView.dbc. I believe that the lack of this file has been where everyone trouble came from. I am assuming that the people having trouble didn't grab the first torrent, which had that information already in it.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 28, 00:25:31 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Petit_Fromage
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 August 28, 00:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Booyah!  Grin

Thanks for your help Witch! Working! xx
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 August 28, 07:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What on earth made you pick such an annoying avatar?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 August 28, 08:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't realized that I had capitalized Riverview so oddly, multiple times.  Embarrassed

If anyone does the rename thing to the .dbc containing the world, but then still has issues,try putting it with your .package files(with the .cfg set up to read .dbc). My game was rather hit and miss on reading the renamed .dbc still in the DCCache folder. I now rename all of them and stick them with Packages. No CC star, but no issues getting them to load either.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
chowgilly
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 August 28, 21:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im having the same problem. Iv got the .world file in the installedWorlds folder and the other .package files in the WorldCaches folder.

Have decrapified it and still no luck? Games all up to date and iv downloaded things from here and never had any issues before? And this is with 2 different downloads of Hidden Springs.

I know im probably opening myself up to be rediculed for being dim but I fail to see what Iv done wrong?
Dramagirlie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 August 28, 23:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im having the same problem. Iv got the .world file in the installedWorlds folder and the other .package files in the WorldCaches folder.

Have decrapified it and still no luck? Games all up to date and iv downloaded things from here and never had any issues before? And this is with 2 different downloads of Hidden Springs.

I know im probably opening myself up to be rediculed for being dim but I fail to see what Iv done wrong?

I did exactly what you did, and mine didn't work either. I tried messaging the person who had posted the files to ask if I had done something wrong as well, but no reply yet and it's been a couple of days.

-Pacey Whitter
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 August 29, 00:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's no wonder you can't get it to work, you can't even figure out how to properly use the shift and apostrophe keys.

I did exactly what you did, and mine didn't work either. I tried messaging the person who had posted the files to ask if I had done something wrong as well, but no reply yet and it's been a couple of days.

S/he probably hasn't responded because theirs is working and you're doing it wrong.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 August 29, 04:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having some problems installing it myself, even though I have installed countless other store cc.  What worked for me was using the Compressorizer Redux instead of manually decrapping.  I don't know why it worked, but maybe someone else will be helped as well.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 August 30, 01:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having any problems with the waterfall animations on the Fountain of Youth? The "drink" and "wish" animations seem to be working but I got no waterfall effects. I took out my latest 'no mosaic' mod and cleared caches but still no waterfall.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: