More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:18:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sleepy jump bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sleepy jump bug  (Read 15729 times)
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Sleepy jump bug
« on: 2011 July 04, 10:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the latest patch (or rather, all the patches since november 2010) some of my sims can't sleep. They are attacked by some sort of jump bug that catapults them out of bed and cancels the sleep action. They get about 30-60 sim-minutes of sleep before the sleeping is cancelled.

I have tried with and without AM, with and without CC, and it still happens. Selling the beds didn't help. The only sims affected had double beds, so I replaced them with single beds. Didn't help. Resetting the sims does nothing. Fixall does nothing.

Does anyone have moar smart tips on how to deal with this? Re-install and hope it goes away?

Game says it is version 4.9.5.011031, I have WA, HELS and AMB. No mods except AM. CC = clothes and hair.

ETA: After consulting Pescado with error logs it seems I had impostors in my hood. Nuking them seems to have fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 04, 12:23:56 by Annan » Logged

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sleepy jump bug
« Reply #1 on: 2011 July 05, 14:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something like this happen to some sims after they returned from vacation destinations.  I found no fix and decided that my neighbourhood had gone BFBVFS and went back to a pre-vacation backup.  After it happened the third time I gave up on adventuring for now.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 July 05, 14:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is definitely a travel bug, I am tracking this in my own game and will have a fix shortly. Also, we need moar Fat Gwilly People.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 July 05, 14:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I should add that while the sims could sleep after nuking the impostors, four of six sims in my family lost all tags/filters in map view and buying simbots didn't withdraw any aspiration points, so I assumed the hood was hosed and started a new one.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 July 05, 15:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you still have the hood pre-attempt-at-fixing?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 July 06, 12:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I just recreated the bug.  It crashed before I saw any jumping, but I'll give it another look and upload a copy for you if that's useful.

Edit: Added two screenshots of error messages I captured before it crashed.
Edit 2: Packaging the corrupt neighbourhood I notice that it's almost twice the size of the pre-vacation backup.  Not a good sign, is it?
I also just discovered what might be a copy of the hood from the last time I had this problem.

* Screenshots.rar (313.5 KB - downloaded 321 times.)
« Last Edit: 2011 July 06, 13:31:08 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 July 06, 15:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're aware of what causes the problem already. Unfortunately, you will have to revert to your pre-return-from-vacation save to ensure a clean sweep of the problem. Grab the latest AwesomeMod. Also, NEED MOAR FAT GWILLY PEOPLE. People want Shiny Things, you know.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 July 06, 19:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat gwilly ones are very busy with other things these days, but they lurk.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 July 06, 21:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is why we can't have nice things.   Cry

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 July 08, 20:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I get this bug my sims not only can't sleep but are completely useless and cannot be interacted with. 

Y U NO FIX UR GAEM EA?
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 July 11, 14:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got this jump bug but its not related to travel as my sims have not travelled nor are they trying to sleep. It only happens when I make romantic choices then the sim that I have chosen to follow throw with the action will make out/kiss then jump about 3 sim feet away, this has only happened after I installed Generations I have read this topic and various others on different forums but they all relate to the sleep jump is this related in any way or a totally new bug ?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 July 11, 15:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got this jump bug but its not related to travel as my sims have not travelled nor are they trying to sleep. It only happens when I make romantic choices then the sim that I have chosen to follow throw with the action will make out/kiss then jump about 3 sim feet away, this has only happened after I installed Generations I have read this topic and various others on different forums but they all relate to the sleep jump is this related in any way or a totally new bug ?

Have you tried troubleshooting?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 July 11, 16:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one sounds like either an out dated mod, or a mod conflict.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 July 17, 11:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only mods I have are AM and the Overwatch one and they are the most recent. Troubleshooted as suggested but could'nt find any answers apart from reset sim, might give that a try or just live with the fact that my male sim cannot bear to stand beside his wife !
paula
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 August 21, 19:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all. I see this topic is old but I was directed here about my game issue.
My sim also cannot stay in bed for longer than 20 minutes (sims time). It happens only after I send my sim to travel.  I have a copy of my game (thank God) before the travel, and I keep using it to test what could fix this but nothing works. I deleted all mods and tried batches at a time to find what is causing the glitch, but found nothing. I also played without custom content and nothing.
Did any of you found a solution to this?
Thanks.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2011 August 21, 20:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all. I see this topic is old but I was directed here about my game issue.
My sim also cannot stay in bed for longer than 20 minutes (sims time). It happens only after I send my sim to travel.  I have a copy of my game (thank God) before the travel, and I keep using it to test what could fix this but nothing works. I deleted all mods and tried batches at a time to find what is causing the glitch, but found nothing. I also played without custom content and nothing.
Did any of you found a solution to this?
Thanks.

DID YOU NOT READ THE THREAD WHEN I WAS NICE AND HELPED YOU FIND IT? Stupid noobs.

paula
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 August 21, 20:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annan. Why are you so bitter? I said thanks to your response before.
Anyway if anyone finds a solutions please let me know.
Thanks.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2011 August 21, 20:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annan. Why are you so bitter? I said thanks to your response before.
Anyway if anyone finds a solutions please let me know.
Thanks.

The solution is in this thread, stupid noob. Don't expect to be told it personally when it is findable by SEARCHING MOAR. What do you think you are? Special?

paula
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 August 21, 21:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never claimed to be special. But thanks for it.
After reading this thread, I see the solution was not found. I see a suggestion but not a fix.
On July 6, 2011 this was posted:
"We're aware of what causes the problem already. Unfortunately, you will have to revert to your pre-return-from-vacation save to ensure a clean sweep of the problem. Grab the latest AwesomeMod"
However, after installing the latest AwesomeMod, the problem still exists.

Annan, somehow I'm feeling special after knowing I respect others after they insult me.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2011 August 21, 21:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never claimed to be special. But thanks for it.
After reading this thread, I see the solution was not found. I see a suggestion but not a fix.
On July 6, 2011 this was posted:
"We're aware of what causes the problem already. Unfortunately, you will have to revert to your pre-return-from-vacation save to ensure a clean sweep of the problem. Grab the latest AwesomeMod"
However, after installing the latest AwesomeMod, the problem still exists.

Annan, somehow I'm feeling special after knowing I respect others after they insult me.

It is amazing how you can quote the answer and still not get it. How do you remember how to breathe?

paula
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 August 21, 21:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no fix. The suggestion was to go back to the last saved game before the issue was presented and installing the latest AwesomeMod, which I already did. But this did not fix the issue.
I have a backup of my game before traveling and I still use it to test many differents way to come back from traveling and avoid the sim jumping out of bed but nothing sims to work. I continue to play (keeping always the good backup copy) but I cannot send them to travel because they come back with the same bug.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 August 22, 17:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no fix. The suggestion was to go back to the last saved game before the issue was presented and installing the latest AwesomeMod, which I already did. But this did not fix the issue.
I have a backup of my game before traveling and I still use it to test many differents way to come back from traveling and avoid the sim jumping out of bed but nothing sims to work. I continue to play (keeping always the good backup copy) but I cannot send them to travel because they come back with the same bug.

I'm thinking this tard is one of the defective people that should be nuked from orbit. Of course, since it apparently doesn't even know what that MEANS, it will just continue whining and crying.

Tard, YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO USE AWESOME STUFF. PLEASE TO BE FUCKING OFF NAO KTHXBAI.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 August 22, 20:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I continue to play (keeping always the good backup copy) but I cannot send them to travel because they come back with the same bug.

Use a previous backup.  Your "good backup copy" is likely not as good as you think it is if the problem continues to reproduce.  Continuing to do something that clearly does not work over and over is the defiinition of "idiot".

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: