More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:16:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dreamcatcher and Cheesecake Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dreamcatcher and Cheesecake Question  (Read 5548 times)
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Dreamcatcher and Cheesecake Question
« on: 2011 June 02, 12:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just added Apartment Life and Fun with Pets, and now the Seasons dreamcatcher no longer appreciates from 50 to over a 1000 simoleans (it went from 50 to 52). And the OFB cheesecake is no longer producing automatic twins. What gives? Did EA "fix" these items, or did some modder *cough* sneak fixes into his mods ('cause I know J.M. doesn't like gobs of money for nothing.)

I ask because searching hasn't turned up an answer and I really miss the cheesecake -  I don't often want twins, but when I do, I prefer the old reliable. And I would miss having the occasional dirty dealer in ill-gotten archeological artifacts, with a bunch of kids all in the Life of Crime career, of course.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Dreamcatcher and Cheesecake Question
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 02, 13:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cake thing should still work. I forget when or where the Dreamcatcher exploit got fixed, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 02, 17:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just added Apartment Life and Fun with Pets, and now the Seasons dreamcatcher no longer appreciates from 50 to over a 1000 simoleans (it went from 50 to 52). And the OFB cheesecake is no longer producing automatic twins. What gives? Did EA "fix" these items, or did some modder *cough* sneak fixes into his mods ('cause I know J.M. doesn't like gobs of money for nothing.)

I ask because searching hasn't turned up an answer and I really miss the cheesecake -  I don't often want twins, but when I do, I prefer the old reliable. And I would miss having the occasional dirty dealer in ill-gotten archeological artifacts, with a bunch of kids all in the Life of Crime career, of course.

I haven't played TS2 for a while, but with everything installed, I never has an issue with the cheesecake, got twins every time.  I think, but might be remembering wrong, it was also a timing issue, something like it had to be eaten after the first bump, or something like that.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 03, 01:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll give the cheesecake another shot and a little more patience.

Sucks about the dreamcatcher, it was a handy story shortcut. I guess my crooks will have to open actually dirty businesses.  Wink

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 03, 03:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, if you want to cheat, just cheat. Don't pretend what you're doing isn't obviously a cheat.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 03, 04:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's was cheaty, but it was more fun than kaching. It was amusing to send my little sim crook into the locked stockroom in the basement to admire (View) her questionable merchandise.

MrsCrumplebottom
Blathering Buffoon

Shadilay!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 16, 04:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as the cheesecake goes, here's what I did once:

I have SimBlender, which tells me how many hours a Sim has been pregnant.  I had a pregnant Knowledge Sim (not Family--with the Super Fertility aspiration benefit you don't know for sure until day 2).  She had been pregnant for four hours with one baby and I had her eat cheesecake. 

When she was done I immediately consulted the SimBlender...and voila!  She was expecting twins!

REEEEEE!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: