More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:30:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Random jingle
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random jingle  (Read 9776 times)
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Random jingle
« on: 2011 June 01, 03:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear this jingle infrequently, but within the first few minutes of playing one of the Twinbrook pre-made families, I heard it 3 times. Not been able to figure out what it means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADI5PaM7xA

Is it something cringingly obvious?

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Random jingle
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 01, 03:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generic positive jingle, ever since Late Night it happens for positive and negative events and it plays for things experienced by inactive families sometimes.

I haven't encountered it after installing generations though.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 01, 03:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC it's the sound that's played when someone joins a profession (versus a normal job.)

I suppose since you started playing Twinbrook, the game probably assigned the other premades professions like stylist or something, and so it notified you even when you're not playing that family. It shouldn't happen with story progression off (if you have Awesomemod at least, which fixes the crappy EA Story progression.) 

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 01, 04:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I said I *haven't* encountered it *since* installing Generations. It came with Late Night. Generations seems to have fixed it.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 01, 09:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Generations, it now seems to play for certain other events, like being rewarded for field trips/afterschool activities and such. Can't remember what exactly it plays for now, but definitely something to do with them.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 01, 11:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I said I *haven't* encountered it *since* installing Generations. It came with Late Night. Generations seems to have fixed it.

Would you stop treat guesses as facts? I stopped playing at Ambitions and was bugged by this also. It is not a LN jingle.

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 01, 13:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. This jingle has been covered many times already.
Somewhat like immortelleMuse said, it's caused by AwesomeMod assigning professions to a Sim. This doesn't happen in an unAwesome game, because it's just not possible.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2011 June 01, 14:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't say it was a late night jingle, dipshit, I said the bug started with late night. The late night patch fucked something up. Just like in the other topic- if you fucking senators would get your heads out of your asses and actually read the things you respond to instead of being so hell bent on trying desperately to enlarge your internet penises maybe you'd understand something the first time for once. "Ever since late night it happens" does not mean "This noise came with late night".
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2011 June 01, 17:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't say it was a late night jingle, dipshit, I said the bug started with late night. The late night patch fucked something up. Just like in the other topic- if you fucking senators would get your heads out of your asses and actually read the things you respond to instead of being so hell bent on trying desperately to enlarge your internet penises maybe you'd understand something the first time for once. "Ever since late night it happens" does not mean "This noise came with late night".

Perhaps, if it bothers you to be picked on for being incorrect and unclear about what is facts, guesses and just stupid wordings, you should make sure that you phrase your posts so that no miscommunication is possible.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 June 01, 17:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't say it was a late night jingle, dipshit, I said the bug started with late night.

That's not what you said earlier.

It came with Late Night. Generations seems to have fixed it.

Right here you said it came with LN, not with the patch.  If you don't want to be misinterpreted, then you should write clearer, even proof read what you write BEFORE posting to make sure it says what you mean it to say.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 01, 19:04:13 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 June 01, 18:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somewhat like immortelleMuse said, it's caused by AwesomeMod assigning professions to a Sim. This doesn't happen in an unAwesome game, because it's just not possible.

I don't play with AwesomeMod.  I get the jingle.  I think it's not impossible that it's possible.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 June 01, 18:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto, before installing Generations I had the AwesomeMod installed but not used for the story progression and I got the jingle from time to time. I assumed it was Twallan's SP or the career mod that does that when an inactive sim gets to the 10th level of his profession.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 June 02, 00:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. Searching for 'jingle' and 'music' was perhaps not good enough. I confess, I didn't try, 'do-do-do do do-do'.

And since you have been contradicted, any links to these previous discussions please?

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 June 02, 00:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. Searching for 'jingle' and 'music' was perhaps not good enough. I confess, I didn't try, 'do-do-do do do-do'.

And since you have been contradicted, any links to these previous discussions please?

This is the first time I've ever heard about this jingle, and I lurk, a lot.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 June 02, 04:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No patch did anything. It's the result of the professions being progressed in inactive households by Awesomemod or Twallan SP.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 June 02, 04:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search for "chimes".
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 June 02, 17:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search for "chimes".

Chimes, smines. Jingle, jongle. Let's call the whole thing off. Ba-dum-tish.

Playing without awesomemod, I still hear these 'noises', however, they didn't play when restarting the Twinbrook household again.
I heard them in an established household in a different hood. It was at night while the household was sleeping, so I'm still unsure what triggered it.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 June 03, 19:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The noise is triggered anytime a sim advances in a career, even if it's not the active household. This is apparently an EAxian quirk, in that it plays the jingle for everyone, and it's just not worth the hassle of another core patch point just to kill it. Just get used to the idea that the jingle indicates your neighborhood is alive, rather than an inert, static thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: