More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:06:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 208489 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #350 on: 2011 June 20, 22:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else noticing that when they buy large items on vacation those items don't go into the family inventory as before? I'm missing nectar makers, treasure chests, etc.
Has been mentioned before with a few people seeing the problem.
I had that problem before I updated Twallan's Overwatch to version 29.  Now vacation objects in family inventory are still there when I return home.

That would be useful for me if I used that mod, I don't use any Twallan mods.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #351 on: 2011 June 20, 22:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard Merlin - so bite the bullet and do so. Pescado has already stated that he doesn't rebuild non-core mods into his core.

- - - - - - -

If we're discussing 3rd party body hair, pubes have been made available for men at Sexy Sims by CMAR http://nene.sexysims2.com/member.php?u=1099166 (this is out of my memory, never a good thing for names, I will double check when I get home from work tonight). He is planning to follow this with a similar one for women.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 21, 08:33:10 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2011 June 21, 01:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of items missing from inventories, I'm noticing toys from the toy box constantly going missing. I'm going to assume it has something to do with this new Generations daycare profession, and will assume children are "Pocketing" small toys before heading home.

My daycare Sim was married to an inventor Sim, so I had been trying to keep some of those wind up and robot toys in the toy box for the daycare children to play with. Every day I'd have to have him make more, and would replace the ones missing from the toy box just to see them gone again. Eventually I just gave up and kept the default pink bunny and car in there, and even those would go missing.

This daycare thing is going to really suck if I have to replace missing toys every day. Though I don't know why I bother, seeing as how every toddler and child in my neighborhood started out with an imaginary friend doll to keep them occupied. But still, I'd like to be able to keep that extra stuff around.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2011 June 21, 02:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of things going missing, what about poor Gretchen?

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2011 June 21, 04:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard Merlin - so bit the bullet and do so. Pescado has already stated that he doesn't rebuild non-core mods into his core.

If Overwatch fixes the problem, I will use it to do so.  The inference I drew from Jeromy was that it was being caused (at least in his game) by an older/outdated version of Overwatch and updating the mod fixed it.  As I haven't been using it, the cause must be something else, which the new version of Overwatch manages to fix.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2011 June 21, 13:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This daycare thing is going to really suck if I have to replace missing toys every day.

I would say this injects the right amount of verisimilitude into the game. Remember, 1 day (depending on your settings) represents anywhere from 1 year to 1 month in RL. Although I don't remember the slider limit for toddlers on epic, if it goes to 260 weeks then I suppose you'd have a 1:1 ratio.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
halfunempty
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2011 June 21, 21:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of items missing from inventories, I'm noticing toys from the toy box constantly going missing. I'm going to assume it has something to do with this new Generations daycare profession, and will assume children are "Pocketing" small toys before heading home.

I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with daycare. Selfmade toys have been disappearing from my toy boxes since at least Late Night.   
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2011 June 21, 22:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TummyZa has added new custom body hair to take care of the dead cats that EA provided:  http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446139&c=1
Although I'm not sure: do game-generated sims ever get body hair applied?

The answer to that is no. Just like muscle tones, freckles, tattoos and breast size, the game completely ignores these things when generating random sims. Instead, we get 90-odd sims (using AM's spawnmoreoverlords on a newly-cleansed 'hood) with exactly the same faces, hideous eyebrows and a wardrobe malfunction that would make the most dedicated fashionista drink him/herself to an early grave.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Koriandr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2011 June 22, 02:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also getting the boarding school bug. I sent a teen to boarding school and she came back a few days before. She didn't attend a graduation, and she was unable to get a job.
I then sent a child to boarding school, but brought them back when the pop-up appeared asking if I wanted to leave them there. This sim was able to get a job.
I've now once again sent (or attempted to send) a child to boarding school. The notification appeared saying that the car would arrive the next day at 9am. However, no car appeared, and this sim has been sitting around at home doing nothing except annoying me. Aging up did not fix this, and he is unable to get a job, even though he has rolled the "get a part-time job" wish a couple of times.

Weirdly, this same child keeps rolling the "learn to drive" wish even though he already can drive...
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2011 June 22, 17:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that some of the things that are being attributed to the Generations EP actually came with the latest patches, e.g., age selection & memories. I only have to LN and I get those now. This sounds a tad more like a stuff pack then an ep.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2011 June 22, 19:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that some of the things that are being attributed to the Generations EP actually came with the latest patches, e.g., age selection & memories. I only have to LN and I get those now. This sounds a tad more like a stuff pack then an ep.

Most prior EPs have had features that were also shared in the accompanying patches, such as the basement tool from WA.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Carioca Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2011 June 23, 00:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weirdly, this same child keeps rolling the "learn to drive" wish even though he already can drive...
I see that a lot on my game. Every Generations Interactions, such as "learn to drive" always come back after the wish is granted.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2011 June 23, 04:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see that a lot on my game. Every Generations Interactions, such as "learn to drive" always come back after the wish is granted.

They forget that they have already moved in with their spouses and roll wishes to do it again.  Not surprised they'd want to learn to drive all over again.  I haven't run into any idiotic wishes that are impossible to fulfill with just the patch this time around, thankfully.  Before I installed LN, they frequently wished for hot tubs.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2011 June 24, 02:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you with camera problems, install the WA patch manually (2.17). Then delete all your caches, including the ones in WorldCache folder if you play in a custom world. Photography should work now.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2011 June 24, 12:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read on another site that you can fix teens that suddenly come back from boarding school by deleting them using the 'moveobjects on' cheat. But since this has never happened to me, I cannot guarantee its succes, so I recommend saving your game before doing this.

What annoys me is that, supposedly, graduating from boarding school guarantees sims a headstart in certain careers (depending on the school). One of my teens has just graduated from military school, which should have given her a headstart in the law enforcement and military career, however she started as a snitch, like everybody else. Nevermind the fact that she didn't get any skills from the school, she only received the handy trait.

Another thing that is that I can't order omni seeds, write thank you notes or read bed time stories. Sad
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2011 June 24, 14:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found to read bedtime stories you had to have the bookcase IN the room, or a book in your pocket, and be IN the room with the child.  It doesn't seem to draw the parent sim over the way helping with homework works.  But I got it to work after a few queue stomps.

I had to stick a desk and chair right next to the mail box to write thank you notes.  This of course looks stupid, but it was the only way.  My Sims are not currently high enough in gardening to see about buying seeds.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2011 June 24, 15:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I didn't think about the desk thing, thanks... I'll try that next time I play.

However bed time stories really seems to be borked in my game, because the adult sim had books in his inventory (and I kept choosing books from his inventory) and was in the same room as the child. I might try putting a bookcase in the bedroom next time, perhaps that'll work.

This was the first time I could order omni seeds, so I'm not exactly sure how things usually work... all I know is that if I clicked on the mailbox (while having selected the sim who completed the special challenge), I got the option to order the seeds, the sim would walk all the way over to the mailbox and then the action automatically got cancalled from the queue.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2011 June 24, 17:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

? My teens who learned to drive don't wish it again and neither the parents and writing thank you notes works fine here. I do have a glitch though: a just married couple unable to woohoo in any shower yet their relationship is at the maximum (if that matters). BTW for the bed time story the kid has to have the sleepy moodlet otherwise the option won't appear.
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2011 June 24, 21:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to stick a desk and chair right next to the mail box to write thank you notes.  This of course looks stupid, but it was the only way. 

In my experience, it's not necessary to stick a desk next to the mailbox, I just had to send the sim to stand near a clear desk (nothing blocking the area where they will be writing) then click "write thank you notes" on the mailbox. The sim will walk to the nearest desk, sit down, and start writing. It doesn't work for me if there isn't a clear desk in whatever room they happen to be standing in when the order is given, they'll just walk out to the mailbox and queue-drop.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2011 June 24, 22:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also worked for me while they're standing near the mailbox, they entered the house to sit at the dining table to write the thank you notes. Table was rather close to the mailbox, like 7 squares away at most. I guess there must be a maximum distance allowed between the mailbox and an empty table or desk for the action to stick. (10 squares maybe?)
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2011 June 25, 12:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also worked for me while they're standing near the mailbox, they entered the house to sit at the dining table to write the thank you notes. Table was rather close to the mailbox, like 7 squares away at most. I guess there must be a maximum distance allowed between the mailbox and an empty table or desk for the action to stick. (10 squares maybe?)

This seems to be true. I haven't previously been able to get them t write thank you notes, but when I moved a table to stand next by the mailbox it worked. This be dumb.
The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2011 June 25, 14:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read on another site that you can fix teens that suddenly come back from boarding school by deleting them using the 'moveobjects on' cheat. But since this has never happened to me, I cannot guarantee its succes, so I recommend saving your game before doing this.

I tried it out yesterday, on a sim who was a child who came home unexpectedly.  It worked for that I turned on "moveobjects" then picked him up, deleted him, and he was automatically back in boarding school.  Now if it works with the teen I don't know yet but I'll soon find out since he is in boarding school now as a teen.

Updated:
"moveobjects on" worked for my sim as a teen as well.   He has graduated and now has a diploma (as well as a job).
« Last Edit: 2011 June 26, 18:36:49 by The~Simmer » Logged
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2011 June 26, 00:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "moveobjects" fix for boarding school has worked for both child and teen for me with no issues.

FWIW, whenever MTS gets it together again, there's a mod out now that limits/obliterates memories. It's been working perfectly for me especially now that my game's not so darn bloated.
Found it through Crinrict's blog; link to the download is there for whenever MTS is up and running again:
http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-20T13%3A57%3A00%2B02%3A00&max-results=7

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2011 June 28, 22:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck': It seems that the couple I mentioned previously can't woohoo in shower because the guy has the trait Afraid of water! That's neat. However I would have appreciated the game saying it so, instead of spamming the 'No suitable partner' thing and letting me guess the real reason... I never thought of checking his traits and only found out he's afraid of water because I found him crying in front of the shower!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: