More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:53:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207225 times)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #150 on: 2011 June 02, 19:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get married couples to not be perma-creeped out by any romantic interactions. Even making them both hopeless romantic didn't help.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #151 on: 2011 June 02, 19:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a couple more weird things, not sure if they've always been there and I've never experienced them or what.
Sometime, if a toddler is upstairs and I tell a parent to pick it up for whatever reason, the parent will go up to the baby, turn around and go downstairs and hang out in the living room while the baby cries at the top of the stairs.  It doesn't happen all the time so I don't think it's some sort of route failure, but I'm dumb about these things.

I've been getting that without generations installed; I think it's something like the kid coming towards the parent, and ending up at the top of the stairs where the parents can't pick them up, so leading to routefail.
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2011 June 02, 21:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pirated the game and first tried to play it with no mods and I got a message saying something about an unofficial modification may make the game unplayable. I goggled it and I was told that this may be because of a hack. But, at that time I had absolutely no hacks in my packages folder. So, I decided put in my updated hacks anyways and went ahead and pressed "continue" when the message popped up again.

The game started up normally. But when I finally got to my family I immediately noticed this weird glitch where the Sims mood bars are...darker. The icons with their pictures show a darker shade of green and the mood bars have the same odd discoloration. Is this something that came with the game?

EDIT
I tried to play the game completely vanilla and I still got the same message

However, the bars/icons look normal. I'm guessing its either my save game or some bad CC.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 02, 21:33:48 by SlickCee » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2011 June 02, 21:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using an old save or starting fresh with a new neighborhood?  If you save a game with certain mods and reload that save after taking out the mods, it can lead to weird behavior, problems, and increased chance of BFBVFS.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2011 June 02, 21:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using an old save or starting fresh with a new neighborhood?  If you save a game with certain mods and reload that save after taking out the mods, it can lead to weird behavior, problems, and increased chance of BFBVFS.

I got the same prompt when I took out AM before I installed generations. I had to re-install generations to get rid of it.  FYI- I started a new game when I installed generations.

Edit to add,that I still get this prompt because I have imaginary doll mod and super speedy skills books V9 installed.  I assume that is why I get the unofficial game modifications prompt?
« Last Edit: 2011 June 02, 22:01:40 by freckles » Logged
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2011 June 02, 22:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone has the bug in which sims who returned from boarding school cannot get a normal job? Professions still work, but anything rabbithole-bound simply shows no options to join a career there. The newspaper and computer also don't show these options.

Yes, did just write that.

I have the same problem, but I installed twallan's Master Controller so I just gave him a career. Unfortunately, he didn't get to graduate/receive diploma.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2011 June 02, 22:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get married couples to not be perma-creeped out by any romantic interactions. Even making them both hopeless romantic didn't help.

This. I am not impressed. WTS EA? I'm running AM test, and it's still fucking broken. Maybe Twallan will fix the WooHooer mod so I can make my couple sims stop hating each other. I'm not playing Life With Billy here EA.
SlickCee
Asinine Airhead

~Rainbows, butterflies, & happiness~

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2011 June 03, 02:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using an old save or starting fresh with a new neighborhood?  If you save a game with certain mods and reload that save after taking out the mods, it can lead to weird behavior, problems, and increased chance of BFBVFS.

The first time I started up I was playing an old save but I made sure not to open it up until I updated the essential mods such as Story Progression and Master Overwatch. This was when I had the weird mood bar occurrence.

The next time I fired the game up it was on fresh user files(renamed the Sims 3 document). So there was no CC, no old save games, and no mods. Yet, I still got the message mentioned earlier about unofficial game modifications. However, the mood bars went back to normal.

I'm guessing that the message and the mood bars are two separate issues.

EDIT
The good news is that I have found what was screwing with the mood bars. It was this scribbling pad hack I downloaded.
The bad news is that I'm still getting that stupid message.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 03, 04:55:10 by SlickCee » Logged
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2011 June 03, 02:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a couple more weird things, not sure if they've always been there and I've never experienced them or what.
Sometime, if a toddler is upstairs and I tell a parent to pick it up for whatever reason, the parent will go up to the baby, turn around and go downstairs and hang out in the living room while the baby cries at the top of the stairs.  It doesn't happen all the time so I don't think it's some sort of route failure, but I'm dumb about these things.

I've been getting that without generations installed; I think it's something like the kid coming towards the parent, and ending up at the top of the stairs where the parents can't pick them up, so leading to routefail.

I get that too.  Except Mom bee-lined it to the garage, not the living room.  I have to make sure the kid is in a room with no stairs most times, otherwise the stupid kid goes for the stairs.  Can not wait to have AM back.  The stupidity is driving me crazy!
janinechloe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2011 June 03, 04:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did any of you guys have any problems with Custom Rabbitholes (the door & Rugs) since Generation?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2011 June 03, 05:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, romantic interactions between couples are badly broken. Sure, I can see how if you haven't spoken to your spouse for a while that woohoo invite may not exactly be high on your to-do list, but frankly, I just cheatily maxed out a couple's relationship (100/100) and had one 'compliment appearance' and their spouse got the 3 hour creepy moodlet. So that's it then - romance between couples is not harder, it is completely broken even on the most basic level. Joy!

I convinced my hubby to buy me the game early because I've got a sprained ankle and am bored out of my skull, I wasn't expecting to not be able to see all the awesome new woohoo locations due to couples loathing the thought of touching each other. Oh well, time to go back to ruining the <s>Thorntons'</s> Wolffes lives.

ETA - well they can give each other flowers no problem, but even when that boosts them up to alluring or greater, the most basic of romantic options still gets the creepy moodlet.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 03, 05:37:15 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Fribble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2011 June 03, 05:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random fun things.

So far in playing I have found that if you use a ghost potion then try for baby, you can get a ghost baby out of it.

You can make your imaginary friend real with a potion, they will then join the family as playable and you can switch back to toy form at will. Not sure if the fact that you can marry and have children with your imaginary friend is creepy or not but that may be personal preference.

Not sure if it is the celebrity status or the romantic reputation that is borked to hell, but it keeps updating with either old flirts or the fact that "OMG one sim kissed another sim who happens to be a celebrity!!!" completely ignoring the fact that the sims in question are married and have 3 kids.
And really do we need everyone in the house to make a memory that they received a party invitation? I kinda doubt the larva really care.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2011 June 03, 05:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, romantic interactions between couples are badly broken. Sure, I can see how if you haven't spoken to your spouse for a while that woohoo invite may not exactly be high on your to-do list, but frankly, I just cheatily maxed out a couple's relationship (100/100) and had one 'compliment appearance' and their spouse got the 3 hour creepy moodlet. So that's it then - romance between couples is not harder, it is completely broken even on the most basic level. Joy!

Every time I see a bug as bad, and as blatant as this one, it seems to just confirm that EAxis don't do any pre-release testing.  There is no way in hell a bug like this could be missed as any tester playing for 1-5 minutes would encounter it.  Unless of course the testers play something else like WOW instead of what they are meant to, and just tell EAxis that they didn't see any bugs, which would be accurate as they didn't see any bugs.  After all, it is hard to see something if you're not looking.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
saeda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2011 June 03, 05:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing is happening to me  Cry It's only married couples; when my two sims were only dating they could have plenty of romantic interactions. Hope someone can fix this with a mod soon.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2011 June 03, 05:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They got this right at least.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2011 June 03, 05:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing is happening to me  Cry It's only married couples; when my two sims were only dating they could have plenty of romantic interactions. Hope someone can fix this with a mod soon.

I started a fresh game, and two sims who I usually hook-up had this problem.  Their relationship was fully maxed, and they got the creeped out moodlet after simply complimenting their appearance.  Again they were not married, but they were two sims who I often hook up together, and they haven't had a problem previously.  So I wouldn't say it is confined to just married sims.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2011 June 03, 06:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try the interaction on a couple who had just met (ask if single) and all I got was a notification that she was unflirty. I don't know if she had the creepy hand of death or not since he was the controllable. The game is definitely unplayable as stands, unless you like ruining sim lives by trying to fulfil their wishes.

bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2011 June 03, 06:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed the creeped out moodlet problem with romantic interactions.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2011 June 03, 07:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did any of you guys have any problems with Custom Rabbitholes (the door & Rugs) since Generation?

No.  I use Jynx's custom rabbithole doors, and they still work fine.

I'm not getting this at all.  My married couple's romance interactions work fine.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2011 June 03, 08:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My married couple won't interact romantically either. I am using test awesomemod with a patched Generations.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2011 June 03, 08:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are reports on the official forum that EAs story progression has actually improved. Can this be confirmed?
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2011 June 03, 08:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometime, if a toddler is upstairs and I tell a parent to pick it up for whatever reason, the parent will go up to the baby, turn around and go downstairs and hang out in the living room while the baby cries at the top of the stairs.  It doesn't happen all the time so I don't think it's some sort of route failure, but I'm dumb about these things.

I get that too.  Except Mom bee-lined it to the garage, not the living room.  I have to make sure the kid is in a room with no stairs most times, otherwise the stupid kid goes for the stairs.  Can not wait to have AM back.  The stupidity is driving me crazy!
That "feature" came with LN or 1.17, respectively, and happens with or without AM.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2011 June 03, 09:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the romance bug is right across the board in my game, regardless of marital status or gender preference. Even watch the stars is broken. In fact, the only romantic interaction that isn't broken for me is give flowers.

ETA: it's even happening autonimously for non-controlled sims. Playing ms crumplebottom so I don't have to put up with that bs, and there it is, a huge lovey argument outside the library where she's cramming literacy.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 03, 09:21:05 by floopyboo » Logged

NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2011 June 03, 09:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even get the give flowers interaction to work correctly. I'm starting with a fresh game, but with a saved sim couple who were a couple. I can't even get them to complement each other without one of them yelling at the other. This is exactly why I stopped buying Sims games, and started pirating them. I will say this is the worst thing that's ever broken in my game though, I didn't give a shit about schools breaking in Ambitions, as I usually never had crotchfruit running around in my game. If someone has a self-induced abortion mod, I suppose you could re-enact Revolutionary Road.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2011 June 03, 11:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imaginary friends turned normal can have imaginary friend children. So imaginary friends can have imaginary friends.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: