More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:02:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207166 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #50 on: 2011 May 30, 18:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can give pretty much anything as a gift. Clicking on sis gives a Give Flowers interaction where the sim buys/produces flowers from hammerspace and gives them to the sim (who actually recieves flowers in their inventory as a result).

If a sim has commitment issues they are not happy with gifts over 200 simoleons, and if a sim is a snob, the gift must be worth at least 400 for them to be satisfied.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #51 on: 2011 May 30, 20:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems Vampires are not able to purchase the "clone voucher" reward, for some unknown reason.

Also, I don't know whether it's just from the lack of Awesome or not, but my sims are are taking literally 3 sim-hours to change clothes since installing the expansion.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 30, 20:34:09 by Roobs » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2011 May 30, 20:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is a Clone Voucher?
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2011 May 30, 21:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So any word on how creepy/sucky the imaginary friends are?
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2011 May 30, 21:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is a Clone Voucher?
Why don't you check the lifetime rewards, which are now categorized and have a drop-down filter?

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2011 May 30, 21:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, how silly of me to have not noticed that it was called a Lifetime Reward. All those context clues! How could I miss them? Next time I will be sure to remember to be psychic.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011 May 30, 21:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone needs to mod memories so they are gained by not-in-play sims.  They really missed a way to see how your non-selected sims have been doing while you were not looking.

The game already does this - townies get memories and reputations like any playable sim. I'd ask for a mod to stop them from getting those memories because savegames are about to get huge in no time.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2011 May 30, 22:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone earlier said this was not the case.  Which of you is right?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2011 May 30, 23:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Twas me but I only said that there was missing memories. More precisely memories that should be shared between two sims weren't being shared, only the sim who initiated the action had the memory. i.e.: a sim asks for divorce, only him will have the seperation/divorce memory and his ex wife have zero event noted in her memory about that divorce.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2011 May 30, 23:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not experiencing that. Memories that should be shared are being shared just fine.

I am getting absolutely no children with imaginary friends, though. At first I thought it was because the kid was adopted, so I adopted a baby and let it grow to a child- nothing. Then I had a legitimate child- nothing.

Also,

PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2011 May 30, 23:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had issues with elevators? I threw a bachelorette party at one of the lounges and the elevator ended up freezing on the ground floor, so bouncers, mixologists, and party guests couldn't get up/downstairs.

Agree with previous comments about the shitty memory system. "I ate an Autumn Salad!" Seriously?

I've also tried out the daycare profession. I'm not a real fan of professions to begin with because of the time they take away from my other sims, but this one is a full-time commitment. One toddler's parents never came after spending the night.

I think I need to play a few more generations of teenagers because the boarding school/graduation thing doesn't really make that much sense. I sent a teen to one of the boarding schools and he randomly came back one day, unannounced. That night, I got a message saying "That concludes the dance, make sure your teen goes straight home so they don't get into trouble with the police. Check your inventory for photos." Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember getting any notifications of a dance. Anyway, so he missed it, and he's been home for a few days now. He's 5 days away from aging, so why he's still home, I don't understand.

Also, it would make more sense to hold graduation on the last day of the teenage life, instead of after becoming a YA. The only plus was the entire family got a paid day off.

Ugh, another useless EP.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2011 May 31, 00:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also a "Be Frisky" interaction now which is, I think, just the Tickle animation but applied "romantically"?

Nope, it's woohoo.  Which is useless because woohoo is there too at the same time.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2011 May 31, 00:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably clicked woohoo accidentally, because I have done it a few times and all they do is tickle, except it's romantic. Somehow. That or it is supposed to lead to woohoo automatically, but it's not doing that for me. Busted?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2011 May 31, 01:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're on completely different sides, so no, no clicking accidentally here.
PlumbJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2011 May 31, 02:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also get wedding gifts in the mail from family and friends. Not sure if a wedding party is required or not.

I like the EP-specific filtering in build/buy/reward catalogs, too.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2011 May 31, 02:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims being able to play in the sand on any sand-textured terrain is interesting. Not sure how EA managed to get it to work, but it does. Allows for custom sandboxes and functional beach lots. Pretty cool.

Still no luck getting an imaginary friend though.
Engram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2011 May 31, 02:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PlumbJohn, the elevators getting stuck has been a bug since LN came out. Not a new thing. Just replace the elevator shaft.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2011 May 31, 03:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played without AwesomeMod in a very long time. Is it a "feature" of the unmodded game to send you meteors every 5 minutes until your Sim is dead, or is this something new with Gen?  I've had it occur in at least 5 worlds now, both pre-made and custom, and with both pre-made and custom Sims. As soon as they start, they just keep coming and coming til finally you get tired of outrunning them.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011 May 31, 03:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now when you click a lot from the bin the cost of the lot shows up. Small, but appreciated addition. 

I never would know the price until I place the lot.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
theblackcatsluck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2011 May 31, 03:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prom invites are fucked. I just had a sim have his uncle invite him to prom... either that or EA programmers have a odd idea of what's a acceptable prom date.  Either way, creepy.
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011 May 31, 03:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I missed it from a previous update, you can now sort all the items in the build/buy catalogs by EP as well as custom content and basegame stuff.  It's handy when you get a new one and want to see only the new stuff for that, or use it as a collection of sorts.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011 May 31, 04:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just my game, or does anyone else have the problem that all gems and metals in inventories have become stuck? Can't be smelted, cut or sold.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2011 May 31, 04:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone who has installed it please check if the spiral staircases from the "official announcement" made it into the release, or if they were dropped?
Torsten
They're in. Just 2 selections, with a 2x2 footprint for one. Not sure about the other one, haven't used it.
Yah just 2, both are a 2x2 footprint, kind of lame in my opinion. They really aren't that good, which makes me wonder if perhaps EA is planning on making a lot for the store.
When you say the stairs are kind of lame, what do you mean?  Do they just look downright nasty, or is there a problem with the animations, the way they actually work that is the problem?  Did they actually provide a left and right turning stairs this time?

By kind of lame I mean they are pretty limited in design. 1 Wooden set, 1 glass set, that's it. No there is not a left and right turning stairs, one way from what I've seen and that is to the left. The only good thing about this though, is that you can place them on angles.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011 May 31, 05:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone who has installed it please check if the spiral staircases from the "official announcement" made it into the release, or if they were dropped?
Torsten
They're in. Just 2 selections, with a 2x2 footprint for one. Not sure about the other one, haven't used it.
Yah just 2, both are a 2x2 footprint, kind of lame in my opinion. They really aren't that good, which makes me wonder if perhaps EA is planning on making a lot for the store.
When you say the stairs are kind of lame, what do you mean?  Do they just look downright nasty, or is there a problem with the animations, the way they actually work that is the problem?  Did they actually provide a left and right turning stairs this time?
By kind of lame I mean they are pretty limited in design. 1 Wooden set, 1 glass set, that's it. No there is not a left and right turning stairs, one way from what I've seen and that is to the left. The only good thing about this though, is that you can place them on angles.

That sucks, but sounds normal for EAxis.  At least with the stairs out, some modders may be able to make better designs and flip them to make right turning ones also, giving a matched set.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2011 May 31, 06:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also. The modern spiral stair is borked. Try putting a rail on it. Try at all angles - even the stupid ones. You'll see what I mean.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: