More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:27:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Changing aweconf.package - yes, I've searched
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing aweconf.package - yes, I've searched  (Read 11029 times)
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Changing aweconf.package - yes, I've searched
« on: 2011 May 08, 07:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got awesome mod running fine, along with a few others.

I used the awesome configuration tool to set my options, put it in the folder with the awesome.package, and life was good.

Now, I want to change some of those configurations. I went back to the webpage, generated a new configuration package, saved it, then put it in the folder where the old one was (replacing it).

The changes aren't taking. I've deleted all the caches, removed and replaced the config file and the main awesome package, and even tried starting a new game in a different neighborhood.

The config file is correct - I've opened that up to check the XML and it has all my non-default choices listed.

Is there some file I need to be deleting that I should be? Reinstall the mods? I've deleted the four cache files in the sims directory (the one under documents).

Worst case, I can change the configurations in game, since there's not a lot I changed, but I'd really like to have the mod read the new config so I don't have to keep telling it the changes every time I launch the game.

I've got the base Sims 3 with World Adventures, updated to the latest patch. I launch directly from the game, not through EA's launcher so I don't have to have the disc in the drive.

I've searched the forums, and found tons of posts explaining how to install awesome mod, but nothing really telling in detail what to do to change it once it's installed.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Changing aweconf.package - yes, I've searched
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 08, 08:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you do something really stoopid like changing the file name?  It works fine for me, even just made a new config file and the changes all took just fine.  Perhaps you could elaborate on some of the things you have changed that do not appear to be taking.  Also, how are you verifying that the changes are not taking?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 08, 11:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kept the filename the same. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, if that makes a difference.

I changed MotivePerkRebalance to False.

I've checked the file generated (opened in Libre Office Unicode UTF-8) and the value is there:

<MotivePerkRebalance value="False">

<!--Rebalances and tweaks motive perks to be more useful and others to be less overpowered/silly.-->

</MotivePerkRebalance>

In game, when I do a show config, it pulls up the four screens, so I know Awesome is still running, but it shows the value set to True. If I manually set it in-game (setconfig motiveperkbalance false) then it "works", but that setting won't save between games (which I know that it shouldn't when done that way).

I also changed it to autosave every 10 minutes, with 4 saves. Same deal - the changes show up in the file, but not in the game. I've checked the spelling and the open/closes in the XML to make sure they all match up, and they do.

I've got both awesome.package and aweconf.package in documents\EA\TS3\mods\packages.

Resource.cfg:

Priority 500

PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

is in the mods directory (right above the packages folder where awesome is).

The files I've been deleting when I changed aweconf are: CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package. They are all in TS3 folder, right above \mods.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 08, 12:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the config package verifiably load for other options? If it's not loading at ALL, something would appear to be malfunctioning in your game, as I cannot reproduce this issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 08, 12:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely loaded the first time - i saved the original aweconf file, and I had changed the CAS slider multiple to 5. That value is still present in the game (and was when I was creating the sims to start).

What it is NOT doing, is loading the file again. Is there something that would keep awesome from checking to see if the aweconf had changed or from loading it at all?

Or failing that, is there a way for me to directly edit the "master" XML file? I don't mind getting my hands dirty, so to speak, and may actually learn a few new things in the process  Grin

I know I can do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game, the expansion, and the mod, but I'm really trying to avoid that as much as possible on this machine (nice and new SHINY, keep discs neat and not fragmented, etc...)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 May 08, 15:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's still reading the "old" values that you set in aweconf, it means you have TWO aweconfs floating around and one of them is being loaded in a way that overrides the other. Find them and nuke them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mouser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 May 08, 15:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's still reading the "old" values that you set in aweconf, it means you have TWO aweconfs floating around and one of them is being loaded in a way that overrides the other. Find them and nuke them.

You Da Man!  Cool

One of them had snuck over into the main World Adventures folder tree (you know, the place where I wanted the game to be installed instead of all the system drive crap)

Thanks again - that's twice now - the problem of the disappearing cell phone came up again today, but I managed to find the old thread where you told me how to fix that. Took a few tries, but it worked  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 May 08, 15:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arright, then. Closing this one as an ID: 10T error.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: