More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:05:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Using CC in the Sims 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Using CC in the Sims 3  (Read 5639 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Using CC in the Sims 3
« on: 2011 March 24, 19:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been considering ARRquiring the Sims 3 again to give it another run on a PC that can actually handle it. Experience with the Sims 2 has taught me that ruling with an IRON FIST is the best way to make sure the game doesn't set itself up for a BFBVFS right off the bat. I've been trying to go through the older threads to research the best way to get the best performance out of the game and the best way to install CC. I don't predict I will use any mods other than AwesomeMod, but I was wondering the best way to install CC and the best way to ensure that Windoze 7 doesn't alter any of my efforts, like it did when I tried to reinstall the Sims2.

I am also open to suggestions for good CC or mods that make the Puddings...less so.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Using CC in the Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 24, 21:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will need to set up the mod framework for .package files: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.msg540991.html#msg540991.  It's best not to have too many .package files, as having just 50 can seriously slow your game down.  If you find you have a lot of .package files, you should merge them (instructions can be found on MATY).  As for .sims2packs, you can install them using the launcher.  It is recommended to decrapify them using Pescado's program, but if you do so, you will need to decrapify all your game files for the CC to work properly.

As for CC suggestions, you will want custom sliders and probably custom skins.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 24, 21:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is recommended to decrapify them using Pescado's program, but if you do so, you will need to decrapify all your game files for the CC to work properly.

Not necessarily.  You only have to decrapify the game files if you have an old save with crapified content.  If you are working with a brand new game and a fresh install and installing your .sims3packs for the first time, you only have to decrapify the packs.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 25, 00:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also need AWESOMEMOD: ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 25, 01:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I predict that you will use other mods. Compatible STFU's and no autonomy mods are available from Twoftmama @ http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/ - unfortunately this website requires you to register these days but it is worth it.

As far as best method you've proably already figured this out, but;
- patch, patch and patch again
- make sure the framework is installed properly
- 3 booter isn't really necessary for the game anymore, but it is how the framelimiter loads
- get the frame limiter
- goes without saying but get AWESOME
- decrapify your mods
- where possible use combined packages

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 25, 13:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3 Booter? That's something I haven't read about.

ETA: See? Search is your friend! For those not playing along at home (and to get important links all in one thread: 3Booter).

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 March 25, 16:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<looking over package folder>
Agree with the twoftmama suggestion. She makes simple tweaks and happily makes them to order. I'm a biologist and can't program to save my life so I just ask her and POOF, it's ready. I also use Twallan's woohooer to spice up my puddings' love life and his Master Controller since I'm a total control freak. He makes a new skill called Kama Simtra (yup, a woohoo skill) but it fucked up when the pudding travelled. If you plan on loading WA, get Buzzler's digsite fixer since it fixes EA's fuckup. Anach has some great tweaks here, as does cmar.

And you definitely need AM. Do not attempt to play without it. I'm doing a few challenges where I'm not using it and some of the simple, stupid EA crap bugs the fuck out of me. I think I'll stop these challenges just because of that.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 March 25, 18:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am on the fence about WA, I'm trying to see if there is anything in "town" in the EP. I don't like sending my sims to exotic locales. Since they usually come back with vd various bugs and glitches.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 March 25, 23:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WA gives more harvestables.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: