More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:26:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims Medieval
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 225058 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #125 on: 2011 March 30, 14:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any code yet for the collector edition/limited edition contents (new throne rooms, costumes, etc) besides the 2 merchant outfits posted a few pages ago?
Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2011 March 30, 18:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's bathing? Medieval sims don't have a hygiene motive...

I may be wrong but I think it's a hidden motive that is triggered with only certain actions or conditions, My blacksmith gets the green stinky cloud after a couple of smithing. But swordplays or kingball does not seem to trigger it.

What I noticed with high free will on, NPCs in the castle autonomously bathe on the bathtub, anywhere else no one uses it. But my stinky blacksmith sim prefers to use the chamber pot instead of the tub when left autonomously.

I don't know if anybody noticed that female sims pee at the chamber pot standing up the way males do it.

In fact, bathing and peeing are just a way to have more moodlets. Nothing more. The whole game is about that, most part of the time. Higher is the concentration, higher are the chances to be successful.

The sims can be smelly, yet that give a negative moodlet. As for peeing doesn't make your sim peeing on the floor anymore, you'll get just a negative moodlet again.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2011 March 30, 18:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought maybe I can live with that. But then it turned out the only quest available is to abandon the kingdom you've spent so much time building. The "new" kingdom is exactly like the old one, except all the buildings you've spent so much time erecting are demolished (and along with them any stuff you bought), and you only get to carry over one sim. What the—?! I tried, but I couldn't put up with it. The monarch having to go through the same rigmarole with identical responsabilities was too much.

WizardDani's method to recycle the kingdom seems to work for me.  Only issue is you can't use a save game where you've exhausted your quest points.  I have no idea what it will do if the ambition involves things that were already accomplished.  My guess is you'll just never be able to complete that ambition.

If it weren't for that trick, I would already be very bored with the game.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2011 March 30, 19:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently it's my graphics card. A recently purchased ATI Radeon HD 5770.

As a mac-using peasant I have limited choices in graphics cards. I bought this one because my older card an ATI Radeon X1900XT couldn't handle Sims 3 without some very nasty glitching.

I give up! Anyone who wants a copy of Sims Medieval (Limited Edition) apply here. I'll even pay the postage.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2011 March 30, 20:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably because they don't actually have bladders, so they don't know when to stop. But then, this is game where the only gameplay is questing and you control that one specific hero sim, so why would you leave them alone?

The thing is, with blacksmiths you can't queue up a bunch of other things because they cancel out the smithing. You have to wait for them to finish first. And literally, it takes them less than a second after finishing the work to queue up something stupid, like peeing when they don't have a bladder motive.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2011 March 30, 22:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But peeing gives them a positive moodlet, which gives them more focus, which is a net gain on how well they're doing on the quest.

So you're complaining...that they automatically keep themselves...happy? If that is somehow an issue, turn free will off, because I hate to break it to you but the whole point of free will is to let sims take care of themselves a little bit.
ssoot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
That would be awesome, except...
« Reply #131 on: 2011 March 30, 22:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a mac-using peasant I have limited choices in graphics cards. I bought this one because my older card an ATI Radeon X1900XT couldn't handle Sims 3 without some very nasty glitching.

I give up! Anyone who wants a copy of Sims Medieval (Limited Edition) apply here. I'll even pay the postage.

I don't know whether I should be relieved  in finding that I'm not the only one with graphic driver crash issues, or annoyed that this is not just my device being incompetent. The Sims 3 never gave me any trouble (In this direction, anyways. Still problematic overall). This just renews my vow never to spend a dime on EAxis ever again.
legallpn
Asinine Airhead

Cleverness is not wisdom.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2011 March 30, 23:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't bother spending the £30.00 if you have a mac.

I have a MacPro which is well over the minimum technical game specifications for Sims Medieval but the game crashes with monotonous regularity and is unplayable.

Thirty quid down the shitter then. Not that I should be remotely surprised.

It's probably you, the game runs perfect on my MacBook Pro. I also have the debug installed from MTS and some of the other package files. Sooo, it must be you.

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as unsolvable problems."
InPinkClover
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2011 March 30, 23:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the quest "A Political Marriage" to do in order to make an ally out of Elfstonian (spelling?), however my monarch is already married, anyone know if any other quests will pop up for them to become my allies? I really don't want to have to absolve my monarch's marriage to her knight.
Sorry if this was already answered: according to Prima (yes, I purchased the game AND the guide and I'm not sorry! lol) - Quest: A Political Marriage.  The 2 approaches are Seduce and Outmaneuver.  Requirements for Seduce are an UNmarried Monarch, Knight, or Spy.  Requirements for Outmaneuver are UNmarried Monarch or Spy.  This is the quest that allies your kingdom with Effenmont.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2011 March 31, 01:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any code yet for the collector edition/limited edition contents (new throne rooms, costumes, etc) besides the 2 merchant outfits posted a few pages ago?

L2R, go back a few pages, it was posted.

If anyone is incredibly lazy, such as myself, and can't be bothered unlocking all the ambitions themselves: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=fec504eab18b3e3cd47783a279dd97d2&topic=5176.0 mod to do it for you.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
legallpn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: 2011 March 31, 01:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

L2R, go back a few pages, it was posted.

If anyone is incredibly lazy, such as myself, and can't be bothered unlocking all the ambitions themselves: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=fec504eab18b3e3cd47783a279dd97d2&topic=5176.0 mod to do it for you.

Yep, that would be me and it works perfectly on this Mac.

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as unsolvable problems."
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2011 March 31, 02:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the quest "A Political Marriage" to do in order to make an ally out of Elfstonian (spelling?), however my monarch is already married, anyone know if any other quests will pop up for them to become my allies? I really don't want to have to absolve my monarch's marriage to her knight.
Sorry if this was already answered: according to Prima (yes, I purchased the game AND the guide and I'm not sorry! lol) - Quest: A Political Marriage.  The 2 approaches are Seduce and Outmaneuver.  Requirements for Seduce are an UNmarried Monarch, Knight, or Spy.  Requirements for Outmaneuver are UNmarried Monarch or Spy.  This is the quest that allies your kingdom with Effenmont.

Naw the primary hero is a Monarch, and secondary is a spy or some others, so it's undoable if you already married your monarch off. Looks like I'm ganna have to divorce him and then remarry. Yay for testingcheats.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2011 March 31, 04:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But peeing gives them a positive moodlet, which gives them more focus, which is a net gain on how well they're doing on the quest.

So you're complaining...that they automatically keep themselves...happy? If that is somehow an issue, turn free will off, because I hate to break it to you but the whole point of free will is to let sims take care of themselves a little bit.

Peeing does not give any extra moodlets. It does Nothing, other than waste time. I have checked this. Washing gives moodlets, but not peeing.

rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2011 March 31, 04:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peeing does not give any extra moodlets. It does Nothing, other than waste time. I have checked this. Washing gives moodlets, but not peeing.

Actually, it does. You just don't get one every single time a sim pees. Waiting 13 hours after his first pee, and having a meal, my sim used the chamberpot and got this moodlet.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2011 March 31, 04:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

+5 focus is hardly worth it.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2011 March 31, 05:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naw the primary hero is a Monarch, and secondary is a spy or some others, so it's undoable if you already married your monarch off. Looks like I'm ganna have to divorce him and then remarry. Yay for testingcheats.

Do it the old-fashioned way.  Kill someone. 

iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2011 March 31, 14:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game died on me pretty fast now, it was good at first, I finally got my kingdom where I wanted it. And hey I unlocked the next part! What's this? I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN?! On the same map? With the same damn quests? And the same damn buildings? Yeah...it's dead to me now.
You could start a "free-play" kingdom.

1. Start new game on any ambition
2. Cheat maximum RP and buy all the buildings
3. Create all your heroes
4. Use "ShowAllQuests" and choose the Free Play quest
5. Do whatever the hell you want. Level up your heroes, make money, make relationships, etc.

If you choose Free Play after completing the ambition, EXP and responsibilities are disabled, so I prefer this way.

I tried this and got:
Unknown command: showallquests

Alright, I figured it out. It's worth explaining for the next idiot:

To use "ShowAllQuests" you need to enable debug mode. Follow these directions: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5516778.page

Then you can "Cheat maximum RP" by using setkp 1000 (or whatever number you want, 1000 is enough).
« Last Edit: 2011 April 01, 01:39:18 by Perez Hilton » Logged
legallpn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2011 March 31, 16:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the game guide today and there is a code in it for 2 bonus outfits - Mercantile  Garb and Mercantile Corset (one for the guys and one for the ladies).  If anybody is interested and doesn't have it, the code is BGDT-Z65P-8AEQ-A3MA.
Bad code, but thanks fo your efforts.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2011 March 31, 16:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the game guide today and there is a code in it for 2 bonus outfits - Mercantile  Garb and Mercantile Corset (one for the guys and one for the ladies).  If anybody is interested and doesn't have it, the code is BGDT-Z65P-8AEQ-A3MA.
Moar like you don't know how to type, the code works just fine.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2011 March 31, 19:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The code worked fine for me, thanks.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2011 April 01, 00:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the game guide today and there is a code in it for 2 bonus outfits - Mercantile  Garb and Mercantile Corset (one for the guys and one for the ladies).  If anybody is interested and doesn't have it, the code is BGDT-Z65P-8AEQ-A3MA.

Both of those codes work fine. I've applied them 2 separate times and they worked both times.

Oh and if some were looking for some other code that supposedly unlocked 10 additional outfits, there was a PR fuck up and those people who paid for the Collector's Edition didn't get their extra goodies.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
The Purple Pirate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2011 April 01, 21:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for all teh info about this game. I was going to buy it the other day but I was quite skeptical about it. All your feedback has helped me save my money. Thanks.

Piracy is not Theft. It's Piracy. Theft REMOVES the Original. Piracy makes a COPY. Imagine your car gets stolen, but it's still there in the morning
amileegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2011 April 01, 22:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it necessary to use the launcher to patch Medieval or will that activate Evil SecuRom? 
kittykattalw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2011 April 01, 23:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 that was crashing in Medieval, I went to the ATI page and discovered they had updated their driver for my card on March 27, 2011. I applied the update and now I no longer crash. Try updating your driver, it may help. Sorry the game doesn't work for you, after World Adventures came out and broke my game, I vowed NEVER to buy another EA game again. Always try before you buy.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2011 April 02, 04:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it necessary to use the launcher to patch Medieval or will that activate Evil SecuRom? 

I got my patch off TPB, no problems. HOWEVER, once I installed it, patching took away the ability to open the options menu, as I believe has been well-documented here.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: