More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:46:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims Medieval
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 226292 times)
Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #100 on: 2011 March 28, 14:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They already had TS3 great. Why didn't they just stick with everything TS3-ish and then just strip out all the modern stuff and make it... medieval? Why did they have to gut the game? Why did they remove build mode? Why did they remove so much customization? Why did they fuck the camera up so much? Why can we only view the inside of buildings from one angle? Why does my King get such a pathetically small castle? Why did they give us such a tiny, non customizable world to explore?

Because as console game Sims, this is test subject for comercial purpose. Not for enjoyment. This is Sims Stories like, and therefore, it's just a mere distraction for further gaming project.

Look, you find the castle small. Exactly in the way of the console version of the sims series.
Small
No custom
Camera angle fucked up
Tiny world

This description looks like console version of a The  Sims game.
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2011 March 28, 14:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I have thought of something that might work, but I'd need.. erm.. help. If I could send my saves to someone who can place the buildings without le crash every time I needed those buildings placed.... that could work. But it would also inconvenience all involved, which is something I do not enjoy doing.

I don't know if this is of any use to anyone. I uploaded a kingdom with all buildings placed but left it untouched otherwise.
That means no monarch or hero has been chosen yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9mx4eevxuvrbyhv

If you put your save folder up somewhere I could always try to place the missing buildings.
It's no big deal.

@Rubyelf:
Hmm I've entered the codes and it told me I unlocked them, but they are still not appearing in game, any reason why?

The new throne rooms show up when you start a new game. Apparently they're not meant to replace an existing throne room.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 28, 14:30:16 by Leticron » Logged
SammyTheSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2011 March 28, 18:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was small for me (1920x1080 as well, and it does indeed look much crappier on lower resolutions) but I just moved my monitor closer. Tada!
Sigh. Not exactly the kind of high-tech assistance I was hoping for from a community famous for Sims mods Cry

Plea for help buried under a debate about whether or not people with penises make better games. I really wasn't expecting that.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2011 March 28, 19:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is of any use to anyone. I uploaded a kingdom with all buildings placed but left it untouched otherwise.
That means no monarch or hero has been chosen yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9mx4eevxuvrbyhv

If you put your save folder up somewhere I could always try to place the missing buildings.
It's no big deal.

I just tried to open your save, and the same thing that happens whenever I try to place things that add that wall happened. So much for my big idea. Thank you both for offering to help though.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2011 March 28, 19:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was small for me (1920x1080 as well, and it does indeed look much crappier on lower resolutions) but I just moved my monitor closer. Tada!
Sigh. Not exactly the kind of high-tech assistance I was hoping for from a community famous for Sims mods Cry

Plea for help buried under a debate about whether or not people with penises make better games. I really wasn't expecting that.
Well, that's the Vole. As for changing the font size, you can't, because all of it is defined as part of the UI. Maybe if you didn't insist on playing the game in ridiculously huge resolution, your computer would be both less likely to catch fire and everything wouldn't be too small. If you changed the font size alone, the text would bulge out of the UI elements and be even more unreadable. It's your own fault for setting things to unreasonable settings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2011 March 28, 20:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's the Vole. As for changing the font size, you can't, because all of it is defined as part of the UI. Maybe if you didn't insist on playing the game in ridiculously huge resolution, your computer would be both less likely to catch fire and everything wouldn't be too small. If you changed the font size alone, the text would bulge out of the UI elements and be even more unreadable. It's your own fault for setting things to unreasonable settings.

The problem with that is LCDs look like fuzzy crap at anything less than native resolution.  The only solution for those who can't handle fuzzy crap is not to be a cheapskate and buy a bigger monitor.  The fonts looks just fine to me at 1920x1200 on a 24".

Anyone who thinks LCDs don't look like fuzzy crap at less than native resolution are wrong, you just have a high fuzzy crap tolerance level.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2011 March 28, 20:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, sounds about right for this place...  At least you didn't get the grammar squad up on your butt.  Smiley 

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2011 March 28, 20:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with that is LCDs look like fuzzy crap at anything less than native resolution.

The other problem, for me at any rate, is the game runs horribly when at anything other than native resolution.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2011 March 28, 22:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is the code located for autonomous behaviours?

Also just to let you know I have tested jonha and Delphy's custom CAS sliders in TSM and they work great, except for the boob sliders which don't work well with most outfits for whatever reason (bone assignments were borked by the devs).
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2011 March 28, 22:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also just to let you know I have tested jonha and Delphy's custom CAS sliders in TSM and they work great, except for the boob sliders which don't work well with most outfits for whatever reason (bone assignments were borked by the devs).

Probably FEMALE devs, amirite?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
arvind
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2011 March 29, 03:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a nublet question: How possible is it for the modding community to  transfer some of the nice things from Medieval to the Sims 3? The new skin in particular was great and decidedly unpuddinglike in texture. The improved voice sliders were also quite good. Medieval ran dry pretty quickly for me but I'd hate for those nice things to go to waste when they could be put to better use in TS3.

Playing Medieval also made me realize how much I miss those silly opportunities that used to pop up in TS2 all the time... but I doubt there's much that can be done about that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2011 March 29, 03:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with that is LCDs look like fuzzy crap at anything less than native resolution.  The only solution for those who can't handle fuzzy crap is not to be a cheapskate and buy a bigger monitor.  The fonts looks just fine to me at 1920x1200 on a 24".
GET A REAL MONITOR.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2011 March 29, 06:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright so I got bored and decided to start doing some of the achievements. Something nice to know, is the higher and higher your achievement levels get to, the more items you unlocked. I just unlocked a heap of new outfits and statues. Only issue is, some of these achievements seem almost impossible to accomplish.

By impossible I mean, I have been trying to do the 'Sovereign Study'- Train the Spy and Knight with the Monarch. I have trained them all the time, constantly, and still have not reiceved this achievement.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 29, 08:23:11 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
jjsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2011 March 29, 07:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this game half expected that the dev finally saw the light and slap a proper rpg system into the sims engine... was I disappointed... it's not an rpg, but tries to pretend it is, and tries to be a sandbox where it also did not do right. The "start a new kingdom" and "achievements" are just tricks to hide these facts. (after you get your sims to lvl 10, which is quite easy in a normal game... these supposedly give the player additional "goals"?)

Still, there are some fun moments: e.g. creating a low health kingdom and take on a plague quest and SEE THE VILLAGERS COLLAPSE AND DIE ALL OVER THE TOWN!!! (too bad certain "essential" characters can't die, have been wanting to kill the castle servant in one game)

One thing they DID get right though : Fatal Flaws, though not in the way intended... It just dawned on me that that is a (unintended) self-parody of the Sims games : comes with many attractive traits, but ALWAYS have some Fatal Flaws... It takes Awesomemod to convert the original Sims 3 Fatal Flaws into Legendary Traits... but what we can now do with TSM in the mean time is what the manual mentioned: live with it (blah)

Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2011 March 29, 17:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't bother spending the £30.00 if you have a mac.

I have a MacPro which is well over the minimum technical game specifications for Sims Medieval but the game crashes with monotonous regularity and is unplayable.

Thirty quid down the shitter then. Not that I should be remotely surprised.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2011 March 29, 17:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thirty quid down the shitter then. Not that I should be remotely surprised.

Always "try" before you buy.  Caveat ovis.

Tribulatio proxima est
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2011 March 29, 18:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I am no sheep. I really fancied this game having played Sims since the original release.

Caveat emptor more like. I should have known better. Oh for the halcyon days of Aspyr re-coding

« Last Edit: 2011 March 29, 19:10:36 by Mazza » Logged
SammyTheSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2011 March 30, 00:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play all games at the monitor's native resolution. The monitor size is fine, as is my eyesight — for a human being, not for an eagle or a cyborg with electron microscope lenses in his eyeballs. Text size has never been an issue in a game before. I keep a close watch on system components with Speedfan and none of them have been in danger of melting down. Moreover, lowering the resolution in this game has precisely zero impact on the GPU temperature.

But all that doesn't matter anymore, as I just uninstalled The Sims Medieval today.

I had recently finished the New Beginnings chapter. I took the Free Time quest (which is free play) and spent some time sorting out the hero sims' relationships, decorating their homes, and so on. And then... it turns out there's no way to complete the quest. You can only quit and "fail" at a quest with no purpose, and everything that's happened goes down the chamberpot. Brilliant.

I thought maybe I can live with that. But then it turned out the only quest available is to abandon the kingdom you've spent so much time building. The "new" kingdom is exactly like the old one, except all the buildings you've spent so much time erecting are demolished (and along with them any stuff you bought), and you only get to carry over one sim. What the—?! I tried, but I couldn't put up with it. The monarch having to go through the same rigmarole with identical responsabilities was too much.

I was already royally steamed that the patch seems to be completely worthless. According to the version listed in the launcher, it's been applied correctly, and I don't use a crack. But most actions are still completely silent (changing clothes, bathing, woohoo, using profession equipment, etc.) even though the patch notes say that's been fixed.

This looks like a game that was pushed out the castle gates before the peasents got a chance to finish it. It's rough and unpolished and it reeks of an artifically enhanced lifespan. How many quests that consist of "go from point A to B, then back to A, then back to B, then back to A again"? How many responsabilities that are "perform action X for Y hours"? And then there's the fact that there's no method of transportation. No horse, no royal carriage, no donkey-driven cart, no piggyback rides from malnourished orphans, no nothing. Does the king want apples and honey? Well, he's going to have to haul his royal behind to the other end of the kingdom to buy groceries, just like everyone else. Add to that the amount of time spent cooking, sleeping and bathing, and I'd say I probably spent a good two-thirds of this game on Ultra Fast Forward waiting for random inanities to end.

Lastly, I appreciate the intentions of those who tried to help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2011 March 30, 04:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's bathing? Medieval sims don't have a hygiene motive...

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2011 March 30, 05:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They just give you an "I'm clean!" type moodlet.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2011 March 30, 06:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be wrong but I think it's a hidden motive that is triggered with only certain actions or conditions, My blacksmith gets the green stinky cloud after a couple of smithing. But swordplays or kingball does not seem to trigger it.

What I noticed with high free will on, NPCs in the castle autonomously bathe on the bathtub, anywhere else no one uses it. But my stinky blacksmith sim prefers to use the chamber pot instead of the tub when left autonomously.

I don't know if anybody noticed that female sims pee at the chamber pot standing up the way males do it.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2011 March 30, 07:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My blacksmiths have all been obsessed with the chamberpot, and the bed. If I don't counter them within seconds, they'll be using the bloody pot, or relaxing on the bed.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2011 March 30, 10:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably because they don't actually have bladders, so they don't know when to stop. But then, this is game where the only gameplay is questing and you control that one specific hero sim, so why would you leave them alone?

Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2011 March 30, 11:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably because they don't actually have bladders, so they don't know when to stop. But then, this is game where the only gameplay is questing and you control that one specific hero sim, so why would you leave them alone?

There are quests that require 2 sims and there are some idle time for one sim while the other is doing the quest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2011 March 30, 13:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but then you should probably be grinding skills in the limited time you get to play them before the quest ends and you have to stop.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: